It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 13th Disciple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This trailer is a look into the 13th Disciple and his mission and role in the crucifixion. For verily, the Quran says that Jesus was not crucified and the Christians core belief lies on the crucifixion of Jesus. Amazingly, there is a Gospel titled the Gospel of Judas which was unearthed in Egypt which has left many questions on whether the one crucified really was Jesus, or Judas Iscariot, or perhaps someone else.

So who was crucified on that night?

edit on 13-2-2014 by Dubz310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It looks like BS propaganda (no offense to you,) some people may actually come across this and find it offensive so good luck.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

If it is true though will people still ignore it? or will they evolve? and deny ignorance?.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What is the truth? How will this be determined, do I have to wait for the documentary to come out? It smells like propaganda, that's all I am saying. In order for this to be true, this would mean that Jesus's mother Mary either wasn't at the crucifixion, she doesn't know her son that well, or lied about being there. This would also mean that the Romans got the wrong guy and Pontious Pilot is an idiot. The implications of this imo are so far fetched it makes me feel like an A-hole just thinking about this.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't know if I buy into this theory per se, however I have considered that Christ did not die on the cross. The jury's still out on that thought process though for the time being.

That being said, I appreciate you bringing the Gospel of Judas back into the fore front for me. I had initially heard about the Gospel some 10 years ago or so, but never did much research. After reading your post and watching the movie trailer I was off to my search engine lol. I have skimmed over the basic premise of the Gospel and I find this very interesting:

The Gospel contains ideas which contradicted those circulating in the early Christian church. The author argues that God is essentially a "luminous cloud of light" who exists in an imperishable realm.[9] Adamas, the spiritual father of all humanity, was created in God's image and dwelled in the imperishable realm. At the beginning of time, God created a group of angels and lower gods. Twelve angels were willed to come into being [to] rule over chaos and the [underworld].[10]

The angels of creation were tasked with creating a physical body for Adamas, which became known as the first man Adam. Gradually, humanity began to forget its divine origins and some of Adam's descendants (Cain and Abel) became embroiled in the world's first murder. Many humans came to think that the imperfect physical universe was the totality of creation, losing their knowledge of God and the imperishable realm.

Jesus was sent as the Son of the true God, not of one of the lesser gods. His mission was to show that salvation lies in connecting with the God within the man. Through embracing the internal God, the man can then return to the imperishable realm.

Eleven of the disciples Jesus chose to spread his message misunderstood the central tenets of His teaching. They were obsessed with the physical world of the senses. They continued to practise religious animal sacrifice, which pleased the lower gods but did not help to foster a connection with the true God. They wrongly taught that those martyred in the name of Christ would be bodily resurrected.
Emphasis added by me.

And then there's this...

In contrast, Jesus is able to teach Judas the true meaning of his life, ministry and death. Mankind can be divided into two races, or groups. Those who are furnished with the immortal soul, like Judas, can come to know the God within and enter the imperishable realm when they die. Those who belong to the same generation of the other eleven disciples cannot enter the realm of God and will die both spiritually and physically at the end of their lives. As practices that are intertwined with the physical world, animal sacrifice and a communion ceremony centered around cannibalism (the symbolic consumption of Jesus' flesh and blood) are condemned as abhorrent. Death is seen not as a glorious event but simply as a way to escape the perishable realm of the flesh.

Very interesting food for thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Goin out on a limb here but its snowing out and I'm the only one In the office....

What if... WHAT IF! Jesus and Judas were the same person... The Yin and Yang so to say. The black and the white. Their names are very similar. After all, the stories in the good book have been interpreted many ways over the years.

I don't think this as fact I just think that with speculation of who was crucified it adds a nice spin to the what Is what of Christianity.

I'll look into it a bit and report back anything I find.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's possible that it wasn't Jesus that was actually crucified. Maybe one of his look alike disciples took his place.

Why would god let himself get crucified, I sure wouldn't if I was him.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ricky, you crack me up lol!

2nd!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy
Goin out on a limb here but its snowing out and I'm the only one In the office....

What if... WHAT IF! Jesus and Judas were the same person... The Yin and Yang so to say. The black and the white. Their names are very similar. After all, the stories in the good book have been interpreted many ways over the years.

I don't think this as fact I just think that with speculation of who was crucified it adds a nice spin to the what Is what of Christianity.

I'll look into it a bit and report back anything I find.

Are you saying that Jesus was Judas's Tyler Durden?

It would make an awesome Fight Club prequel.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubz310

Yes, the 13th was crucified. 12 disiples + Christ .Christ was the 13th. This fits with both your video and Christian doctrine. Now niether are offended.

13th

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Jesus was not a disciple.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by boymonkey74

What is the truth? How will this be determined, do I have to wait for the documentary to come out? It smells like propaganda, that's all I am saying. In order for this to be true, this would mean that Jesus's mother Mary either wasn't at the crucifixion, she doesn't know her son that well, or lied about being there. This would also mean that the Romans got the wrong guy and Pontious Pilot is an idiot. The implications of this imo are so far fetched it makes me feel like an A-hole just thinking about this.

There are many evidences to prove that Jesus was not the one crucified. One of them being the Gospel of Judas. As for Mary, here is something very interesting to note in the Bible:
[25 But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene . 26 When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”]

The crucified one’s address to Mary the mother of Jesus proves that he is not her son; otherwise, is it appropriate for a son to address his mother as “Woman”? Would any man of religion here call his mother by "woman"? I think not.

As for Pontius Pilate, check this verse from the Bible:
[ … 11 Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus said, “You have said so .” …] Matthew Chapter 27 . [ … 2 And Pilate asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” And he answered him, “You have said so .” … ] Mark Chapter 15 . [ … 33 So Pilate entered his headquarters again and called Jesus and said to him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?” 35 Pi- late answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me . What have you done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world . If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews . But my kingdom is not from the world .” 37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king . For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world — to bear witness to the truth … ]

The crucified one refuses to say that he is the King of the Children of Israel? So why would he refuse if he was Jesus who came to inform the people that he is the King of the Children of Israel?! Does this not prove clearly that the one who was arrested and crucified was another person other than Jesus, the King of the Children of Israel, and for this reason he refused to say that he is the King of the Children of Israel .

Food for thought indeed!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Check out the final product:

top topics

join