It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of a civil war in Venezuela? (post from Vnz)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I hope you are right about it not bubbling over into a civil war. The reason being is the government have all the weapons. If you did not vote for Chavez then your firearms licence would not get renewed. Dont get me wrong lots of people still own guns for their own protection ,however they are far outnumbered by the government and their supporters. The only way the opposition could win would be to get the armed forces on side. Without outside assistance, this is normally the deciding factor in these circumstances.
Lets hope there are no more deaths tomorrow.

Thankyou for your input

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I see that Rihanna has tweeted on twitter. twitter.com...

Rihanna ‏@rihanna Feb 13

Please keep the people of Venezuela in your prayers! Devastating to see!

Not that it makes much difference but at least she seems to care and a few of her fans weil see this. Although saying that she has 34 million followers. Ok good on you Rihanna...

edit on 14-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

One of the latest picture from Miranda State....I think....

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm surprised it took this long. We've been fomenting unrest in Venezuela since Chavez brought in the Russians a couple of years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I would like to blame the American Government but unfortunately Chavez's failures were more to do with greed and the inability to properly manage a country with vast mineral resources. There is no excuse . A huge amount of resources, a large land mass and a small population. It can only be seen by anyone with their eyes open as a total failure (not for the inner circle) with little to no investment in the future of the country.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Apparently a large number of the protesters that have been arrested have not had any contact with family members/lawyers or anyone. The families do not know where they have been taken. Will update with more information when I know more.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

These are right wing protestors. Conservatives. Capitalists. Any country that goes against imperialism, and adopts a enemies system to capitalism .. Is going to have a hard time boosting the economy. Chavez nationalized the oil and alot of production and opened schools and hospitals... I've seen with my own eyes constant slander of Chavez. When fox news is saying he's a "evil thug strongman" I start to dig. I do research. I see that this guy has been fighting off a constant barrage of assassination attempts, coup attempts, and economic attacks. The right wing/ elite/ Capitalists."illuminati"/ what people call nwo... Are smart. They figured out that if you overthrow a SYSTEM, not a single LEADER or gov official, they will take over and manage things and end up ruling with more power then ever. They have also figured out... More importantly, they have the MONEY, and they have the super hi tek psycho shadow ghost cia nsa... They buy opposition .. They buy venezuelan news stations and use well known techniques to breed opposition. Some of the Venezuelan PEOPLE want MORE. People aren't very smart (example.. Usa ) .. They may legit not care about being part of a historical fight against imperialism .. And want $. But the (As you say brainwashed) Chavez maduro supporters understand their legacy.. They will fight the fake us backed opposition. The opp leader was educated in the us and prob has MAJOR CIA backing. anyone could have seen the coup (attempt =/) coming.. America.has.major.crime and murder and we aren't overthrowing obama.
The opposition isn't fighting a tyrannical leader... He's fighting the people who not to long ago overthew the tyrannical stranglehold on venezuela. He's resisting the original resistance. everyone should know the protests are happening because of
Secret coup desires, capitalist exploitation, and honest popular grievances that the elite are using to frame a revolutionary as being the elite... Wow

Please do research.. Im from NYC .. Im white.. I have no connection to Venezuela, I just follow the news over there because revolutionary.leaders like Chavez are people like you and I.. Humans.. trying to.share with.... Humans

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asyourworldburned

I respect your opinion, however I do not agree with it.
Now I am fully aware of the (almost certainty )of the CIA having some hand in recent events (they do in most countries) But this is not the cause of the protests.

The protesters are not right wing . They are normal students or workers. I know lots of them. They don't want to see their country going any further down the drain than it already has.

Chavez had almost succeeded in getting rid of the middle class. Leaving the very rich (pro Chavistas) staying for the benefits or the very poor, who believe what they are told. Under previous governments they were treated badly, while the country prospered and boomed around them.

What the government basically says to them is you can take what you want from people with more than you, you dont have to work. It is owed to you. Dont worry about prosecution because we will turn a blind eye. The whole system is corrupt.
Just look at the personal wealth Chavez and his family amassed. The private jets. Helicopter trips to angel falls for a bbq etc etc does that sound like someone for the people???

Chavez gave millions away to Cuba, Bolivar and Nicaragua while his own people suffered

The violent crime here is alot worse than it is in the US. The USA has 10 times the population of Venezuela.

Venezuela is the 5th largest producer of natural gas in the world and 6th of oil. It was the founder of OPEC.

There is no reason why there was no investment in the infrastructure, education and security of the country except....greed and the fact that it is difficult to control an educated population.

Chavez's mentor was Fidel Castro and he tried to follow the Cuban model. Fortunately for the Venezuelan people they are not all blinkered to the truth and are not as secluded as Cuba.

I do a lot of research, no not watch mainstream tv, I loath what capitalism has become (super capitalism) have a Venezuelan wife, know lots of Venezuelans, have lived here on and off for 8 years and can see things with an open mind.

I think that qualifies me to access the situation slightly better than you, sitting in New York using second hand information.No offence but if you want the truth you need to gather 1st hand information .

Hope I cleared a few things up. If you have any questions or links you want to post expressing your views than I will be more than happy to discuss them with you.
Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Excellent and moving video of protests over last few days from around the country. Warning contains graphic images

link

edit on 15-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Another good videos showing photos of the protest.

Update. Protests are continuing today. Twitter is being blocked. Will update with more information when I have it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

An excellent and informative thread, with lots of pictures and videos . If I could flag you I would. The people need to make a stand now before all their freedoms are taken away and they are no longer able to.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's heart wrenching to see protestors shot at, kicked in the head, hit with guns, etc.
Those with a camera will certainly be targeted first and foremost but hopefully they continue to get the truth out.
Now - will anyone from anywhere help with this fight between the armed and unarmed?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Unfortunately things will have to get a lot worse before any help is offered. The only way is to get the military and police onside.
Most of the national guard are teenagers not hardened fighters. i do not think they will stay on the governments side if lots of people are getting shot.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Colombian news channel has been taken off air in Venezuela for broadcasting about the protests.

Here is a link

The Colombian news channel NTN 24, which transmits through cable in Venezuela, was taken off the air after reporting on the massive protests that shook the entire country on Feb. 12. According to Caracol Radio, the Venezuelan government said the news channel was misinforming on the events.

More freedoms being taken away.........The government control the news channels, they own the internet companies and most of the mobile phone network.
Word need to get out while it is still able to

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Whelp just more unrest in the world that keeps spreading globaly.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Update............. Big protests have continued today around the country and the world.

Here are a few picture.
I went to a small protest yesterday not far from where I live, will post pictures later.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

New info........ the army are using Adamsite (green gas) Vomiting agent against its people.

This is a very nasty product, it was developed during the 1st world war. It was used in 1932 by the Americans , it killed several people. It was also used in Vietnam.

Here is a video of it being deployed.

Here is a link to find many other videos on the subject.
Link

This is from the CDC website

DESCRIPTION: Adamsite (DM) is a vomiting compound that has been used as a riot-control agent (military designation, DM). It is released as an aerosol. Adverse health effects due to exposure to adamsite (DM) are generally self-limited and do not require specific therapy. Most adverse health effects resolve within 30 minutes. Exposure to large concentrations of adamsite (DM), or exposure to adamsite (DM) within an enclosed space or under adverse weather conditions, may result in more severe adverse health effects, serious illness, or

CDC

Wiki link on.adamsite

edit on 16-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Picture of some other protests around the globe.

edit on 16-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
People are afraid these days because of "fear conditioning". The root of this is pain. If you make someone afraid of something that will threaten their lives or their well being then they are afraid of pain. People must overcome this fear. If people were without fear then there would be no governments active right now because people wouldn't take this non sense. There would be a lot of dead police and civilians and I'm sure that the civilians would stand victorious since there are more of us than them and there would NOT be anymore suffering over this government non sense I'd decree.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

live upstream link of a road in Caracas gunshots have just been heard.
sh8ausi8t5zbg6zcefy4.r.worldssl.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join