It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of a civil war in Venezuela? (post from Vnz)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The difference in Venezuela is half the people LOVE Maduro and half Hate him. When I say love I mean it. He can do no wrong. Chavez although dead has become immortalized. Sad state of affairs

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Evidence of police shooting at protesters.

Looks like private security getting involved. You can see the ear piece

edit on 13-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

maythetruthbeknown

The difference in Venezuela is half the people LOVE Maduro and half Hate him. When I say love I mean it. He can do no wrong. Chavez although dead has become immortalized. Sad state of affairs

Hey, I liked Chavez, I didn't like everything he did or wanted to do, but he was strong leader and he took a stand. Venezuela is a beautiful country, just look at Lake Maracaibo and Angel Falls.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Thanks for your opinion

However all Chavez left was a country divided and in economic trouble. His personal wealth was somewhere in the region of 3.4 billion dollars. Not bad for someone that says the people shouldn't have luxuries. There was no investment in the education,security and infrastructure of the country. Crime is getting worse year by year.
The dictator before Chavez was very corrupt, but at least the country boomed. 5 more years like this and the country will be in ruins.
One thing I will say about Chavez is he was a good speaker (so was Hitler) however it is one thing talking about doing something and another thing doing it.

regards

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Student out gunned by police

Recent photo of the protesters burning tires still on the street

Stay safe guys and girls

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Still checking on updates - and see it's continuing as strong as ever. Hopefully the people can turn this peaceful to avoid getting the police all worked up. The guns pointing is fit for a life magazine cover. In which directions can this go? If half the people love their leader he will likely not cave to their demands.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There is a ton of hug unrest in the world.It is so bad I think these places will evoleve into civil war and then possibly WW3 if it keeps growing.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Why WWIII?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Update....
The government has called for the arrest of the opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez,

CNN asked him last night in an interview *what next* he replied ...prison.

Apparently the government is trying to blame him for inciting violence when it was clearly the other way around.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Yes the protests are continuing today.
Here are a few pictures. A lot more will turn up in the afternoon

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Dianec

Why WWIII?
Well.Bosnia uproar,Egypt,Ukraine,Sudan,Greece and Spain terrible unemployment.Syria war is not going good.I read a report of massive massive corruption reported by the EU commission.Have the North Korea and South Korea conflict and Iran conflict.China conflict with Japan over these islands.You have Afgshanitan war going no where.Iraq has al-qeada all through it as well as Libya.
I think all of this could explode into something major dangerous leading to WW3.

Watch and see assassinations of leaders in some of these nations are gonna happen.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

maythetruthbeknown

Update....
The government has called for the arrest of the opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez,

CNN asked him last night in an interview *what next* he replied ...prison.

Apparently the government is trying to blame him for inciting violence when it was clearly the other way around.
Only outcome will be war if that kind of stuff is going on.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Unfortunately that may be the only solution. Things have to get a lot worse before they get better.
Twitter is a buzz with activity and many protests have been organised around the country today. I may go out later and get some of my own pictures. Depends if the wife lets me !!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Have just been sent some photos from a friend, of the protests in Margarita ,from yesterday and last night.

The protest here is starting at the university then moving to other parts of the island

Thank you L for the photos,stay safe

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Dianec

Why WWIII?

Its the economy...

Same cause for all these riots, a global economic system on the verge of complete and total collapse.

Every time this has occurred it is followed by World War where nations attempt to come out on top and thus receive the right to forge the future system according to their ends (last time it was the USA; who will win this time?).

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Here is an excellent Vice documentary about murder rates in Venezuela

It clearly shows that the current system is not working and something clearly needs to be done.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this info; where the country goes from here is anyone's guess. I will say this though. Back in the late 90s and even on 9/11 I was flying to Caracas Venezuela.. We arrived around 8pm or 20:00 hours. When we left the airport and stayed in the best hotel the airline could book for us my Spanish Speaking flight attendants were even afraid to leave to hotel perimeter due to the real threat of being robbed or worse. That was 13 years ago so the seeds have been festering for a long time.

I do remember what a great place Venezuela was about 50 years ago, and it was... How they went from a wonderful place to where they are today is something that can happen to any country with government corruption and central planning taking over the free market to line the pockets of the elite.. Never has worked and never will in my opinion unless you are one of the elite..

Usually the elite think they are safe but time after time when the people get pissed enough the elite either flee or end up with a noose or bullet in the head. .

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

New picture of Caracas at 3.20 local time

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, the CIA has done various attempts on destabilize Chavez and his governmet until they actually suceeded. Now it is Maduro's turn. It's a shame that the US (CIA) can do whatever they like anywhere in the world to get away with it scotfree.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't know about the ambassador to Venezuela. But Noah Bryson Mamet. The guy Obama wants to be the ambassador to Argentina. He has never been to Argentina and it is not clear if he speaks Spanish. When a reporter asked the question, no answer was given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join