It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic scriptures show 'Satan' and 'Yahweh' as having the same qualities, isn't that a sign?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Satan represents creation and destruction (the way of life in this physical plane):

Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams! - Satanic Bible

Yahweh represents creation and destruction (the way of life in this physical plane):

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7

Satan represents vengeance:

Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek! - Satanic Bible

Yahweh represents vengeance:

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. - Nahum 1:2

Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. - Deuteronomy 19:21

Satan is the god of this world (the physical):

Satan represents vital existence - Satanic Bible

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. - 2 Corinthians 4:4

Yahweh is the god of this world:

This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. - Isaiah 66:1

In the New Testament, we are told that God is "Agape" (selfless love) but it seems that Yahweh demands worship He wants to be "raised up" and worshiped by all the nations of the world (Psalm 64:10)

You heard it straight from Satanic sources. Satan represents creation and destruction, the god of this world, and vengeance. The same thing the same exact qualities of the god of the Old Testament...

So if people want to be God followers, shouldn't the be doing the opposite of what Satan is doing? Being creative rather than destructive, being honest rather than deceptive or manipulative, not trying to be aggressive and change or control people, living through forgiveness rather than anger and vengeance...?

edit on 12-2-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

arpgme
Satan represents creation and destruction (the way of life in this physical plane):

Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams! - Satanic Bible

Yahweh represents creation and destruction (the way of life in this physical plane):

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7

Satan represents vengeance:

Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek! - Satanic Bible

Yahweh represents vengeance:

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. - Nahum 1:2

Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. - Deuteronomy 19:21

Satan is the god of this world (the physical):

Satan represents vital existence - Satanic Bible

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. - 2 Corinthians 4:4

Yahweh is the god of this world:

This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. - Isaiah 66:1

In the New Testament, we are told that God is "Agape" (selfless love) but it seems that Yahweh demands worship He wants to be "raised up" and worshiped by all the nations of the world (Psalm 64:10)

You heard it straight from Satanic sources. Satan represents creation and destruction, the god of this world, and vengeance. The same thing the same exact qualities of the god of the Old Testament...

So if people want to be God followers, shouldn't the be doing the opposite of what Satan is doing? Being creative rather than destructive, being honest rather than deceptive or manipulative, not trying to be aggressive and change or control people, living through forgiveness rather than anger and vengeance...?

I see someone is reaching the moment of thought of paradox quite interesting to say the least I think you might want to check out the tablet in egypt with the inscriptions of Geb and the madate between Horus and Set, or similar to the story of Cain and Abel, lets just imagine that god decided to make a new son since cain had slain Abel, lets call him Set, now in this instance some people might see that Set in Egypt was the only entity which was not hidden in his depiction. Whereas in the mandate Geb gave the mandate to Cain instead of Set. A strange paradox is it not?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I guess the Satanic bible wasn't inspired.

It definetly is a sign.

A sign of people will burn in fire.

Hot topic OP.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You do know that the Satanic Bible was written by a guy in the 1960s, right? It's hardly a reasonable source of information about anything apart from the philosophy of Anton LaVey.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm actually writing my Honors Thesis on this subject; an essay surrounding the Satan conspiracy. I will prove, mainly through religious texts, that Satan is /was not the evil character in the bible. The evil guy is actually Lord God...

I'd like to see you develop this theme more, honestly. This is very interesting!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

The Satanic bible was mainly La Vey's rants and raves, some of which is drawn from in minimal actual understanding of depth on his part.

He was mainly a businessman and entertainer.

On the other hand Mr Aquino and Crowley were the only ones in the last few centuries to actually grasp at the roots of some aspects of spirituality in terms of not only the human psyche but some aspects of faith and history to which many people grapple to comprehend.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

Close but not quite but your halfway there.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

QueenofSpades
I'm actually writing my Honors Thesis on this subject; an essay surrounding the Satan conspiracy. I will prove, mainly through religious texts, that Satan is /was not the evil character in the bible. The evil guy is actually Lord God...

I'd like to see you develop this theme more, honestly. This is very interesting!!

You should add in the end that God is not to be seen as a character.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
EDIT: Some people are saying "this is just Lavey's Philosophy", well, the majority of Satanists believe in this philosophy, and there are some Satanists who claimed to see some satanic spirits/demons who follow this philosophy as well.

People say that New Age is similar to Satanism, but when I was doing research on the satanic bible it seems more similar to Yahweh than anything (for the reasons discussed in the original post)...

reply to post by oktopus

oktopus
I guess the Satanic bible wasn't inspired.

It definetly is a sign.

A sign of people will burn in fire.

Hot topic OP.

Wow, I didn't think people would actually admit it so easily. It's interesting how you don't care that Yahweh says to show no pity and get vengeance even though God The Heavenly Father told Jesus to tell people NOT to obey this but to turn the other cheek. Are you a Satan/Yahweh worshiper yourself who believes in complete obedience or torture?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I flagged this thread based on the interest in the topic; determing if Satan was evil, which, based on the evidence, he was not. He does have a relationship with Jesus, as his father to be exact, and I intend to prove this in coming responses

On the other hand, I disagree with your premise that Satan is a deciever and evil.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

QueenofSpades
reply to post by arpgme

On the other hand, I disagree with your premise that Satan is a deciever and evil.

Well I didn't call Satan "evil". By the way, it was not my biased opinion that Satan is connected to deception and manipulation I got that from The Christian and Satanic Bible. Satan represents ego, selfishness, and manipulation, and deception is perfectly fine to Satanists in order to get whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Really? I mean really, really?

The whole God vs Satan thing is a reflection on the dualistic nature of the human condition i.e. we all have a conscience and we can choose to follow a path of goodness or give in to all of or selfish desires and do what we want at the expense of everyone else.

They may possibly be actual beings, but debating which one is right or wrong is just muddying the water. Its good vs evil pure and simple. God is the good guy and the devil is the bad guy. We have many non religious examples of the same philosophy like batman and the joker for instance.

Trying to make the traditional bad guy look like the good one is just dumb and gets way off the actual point of the stories in scripture

edit on 12-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: stupid tablet keyboard

edit on 12-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Man, look.

The "laws" of the OT and Koran are very similar. Everything from stoning virgins to the death penalty for blasphemy.

Can you imagine the kind of world we would live in if these religious laws were enforced everywhere?

While religion can be a source of good, its also a very divisive negative force.

Religion and talk of religion should be removed from politics altogether.

There are quite a few religious kooks in government and are actually trying to pass legislation based on this madness.

edit on 12-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

markosity1973

Trying to make the traditional bad guy look like the good one is just dumb and gets way off the actual point of the stories in scripture

I did not try to make Satan look like a good guy, and therefore I think you missed the entire point. I didn't call anything "good" or "evil" My point was not to prove anything as "good" or "evil" but to show how these two are almost identical.

reply to post by gladtobehere

gladtobehere

Religion and talk of religion should be removed from politics altogether.

This has nothing to do with politics, therefore your statement is off topic.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Are you just plain evil, or do you lack self-control or are mentally ill not able to resist theft or murder?

You get policeofficers to ticket you when you speed, to imprison you when you murder, or to do whatever when they caught you stealing. Deathpenalty was not that long ago.

Would you rather live in a world with no moral, no law?

If you do nothing wrong you've got nothing to fear. Wrong is wrong, and good is good. Law is law.

What can I say?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Saying that God and Satan are the same is like saying Kim Jong Un and the Dalai Lama are the same because they both drink tea.

As humans we all share certain characteristics, but we are also very different. I couldn't imagine the Dalai Lama feeding his uncle to a pack of starving dogs and I couldn't imagine Mr K J U doing anything benevolent for his people. The same concept applies to God and Satan. They are both originally from the kingdom of heaven and therefore know each other and have the same cultural background. So, yes they wheel share some similarities but one is the representation of all that is good and the other represents selfishness, rebellion and all that is evil.

The satanic bible is a book written by a madman and is based upon lies. The traditional bible is starting to look more and more like a collection of very old myths from sumerian society intermingled with jewish society history when you start researching its stories.

The whole point of the traditional bible is to provide a moral compass for people i.e. to help them distinguish morality. So taking a book that written about a character from the original bible in the 60's and comparing it with original scriptures that are thousands of years old and partially based on stories that go back even further isn't really a credible comparison.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Understood.

But if you had to prove that Satan was even selfish and egotistical, what evidence (from any bible) could you cite that would reflect these characteristics?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Keep in mind that the Christian bible should be the main source of information on the Christian version of Satan. With that in mind, Satan is more like Christ than the OT god.

If you go by his actions in the bible, Satan pretty much liberated people and tested the limits of the OT god's cruelty.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The problem with this idea as others have stated quite clearly is that the "Satanic bible" was written in this age...

IF you want to find out other ideas relating to the topic, I suggest looking for something a bit closer to the source...

Marcion wrote a book titled Antithesis...

And although the book no longer exists due to "Christian" extermination of gnostic writing and followers, it was "reconstructed" from Tertullian's writing... Though im sure this is by no means accurate because Tertullian would be considered a hostile witness...

The belief that the OT God was evil is most definitely not a new concept...

Though this belief was hidden and suppressed from the world until recently...

Thank God for this age, where knowledge can flow freely without persecution....

Antithesis

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It's interesting though, how some Christians like to compare New Age ideas to Satanism to show some sort of proof that they are connected but when the same is done to The Old Testament idea of "Yahweh" and The Satanist's idea of "Satan" , that is invalid for some reason.

And yes, I agree with you that Christ spoke into opposition to Yahweh. Proof itself is in the bible.

Yahweh:

Jesus:

"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.… - Matthew 5:38-39

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join