It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You don’t use rifles for home defense you use them for longer range hunting/combat the pump action shotgun is the ideal home defense weapon.

AR15s are combat weapons for home defense they are the third rate choice behind pump action shotguns semi auto pistols and are more expensive the AR15 is a screwdriver when what you need is a hammer.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by buster2010

You do realize that ARs can be chambered in 308 and the platform can be a setup for shotgun shells as well.

So, what was that about real mans caliber and all?

he refers to a magazine as a "clip", what do you expect?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by brianporter

Uhhhhhh, ARs are used for CQ interactions all the time. Actually, for small framed people, an AR is more controllable then a shotgun.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOL making laws based on nothing but looks! !

Thats 'Racist' !.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

This right here is truth. I've handled other weapons inside the military and outside, but the weapon I am most proficient with is the M16. There are three guns I aim to own, a pistol, a shotgun, and an AR-15. The first two, I haven't decided on the type of weapon, but the rifle I certainly have.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I like it. A few guys on my old survivalist forum who lived in Cali had a ton of various customizations done to their rifles (mainly converting it from a pistol grip) and I always thought they looked neat. And from what I remember the grip shown in the picture has been available for quite some time. The only thing is, is they're now offering it in NY as it was popular in California.

I lived in NY for a while. As a city I liked, no scratch that, I loved it. But the idiots in office made me sick to my stomach. Anyways, I like the style. What's funny about it is that it's the exact same rifle with the exact same capabilities. Just goes to show you that the idiots in office truly are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to rein over a banana fly much less humans.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by brianporter

Uhhhhhh, ARs are used for CQ interactions all the time. Actually, for small framed people, an AR is more controllable then a shotgun.

yeah, the controllable nature of it(vs a shotgun) is demonstrated quite nicely in this video...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Auricom

I like it. A few guys on my old survivalist forum who lived in Cali had a ton of various customizations done to their rifles (mainly converting it from a pistol grip) and I always thought they looked neat. And from what I remember the grip shown in the picture has been available for quite some time. The only thing is, is they're now offering it in NY as it was popular in California.

I lived in NY for a while. As a city I liked, no scratch that, I loved it. But the idiots in office made me sick to my stomach. Anyways, I like the style. What's funny about it is that it's the exact same rifle with the exact same capabilities. Just goes to show you that the idiots in office truly are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to rein over a banana fly much less humans.

i pointed out the holes in this BS quite a while ago, using a ruger 10/22 as an example....with wooden furniture, and the handle integrated into the butt, it's a "hunting rifle", with black plastic furniture, a pistol grip, and either a skeleton, or adjustable stock, it's suddenly an "assault weapon", or "weapon of mass killing"...it's the exact same weapon, it just LOOKS different..

the laws in NY, are complete BS...it's nothing more than a ploy to deprive americans of something they have a constitutionally protected right to own....this law is, in fact, completely illegal. states are not allowed to make laws that violate the constitution, or bill of rights...which is exactly what this law does....i'm glad people are finding ways around it, or just flat out ignoring it...it's a non-law, constitutionally speaking.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

This right here is truth. I've handled other weapons inside the military and outside, but the weapon I am most proficient with is the M16. There are three guns I aim to own, a pistol, a shotgun, and an AR-15. The first two, I haven't decided on the type of weapon, but the rifle I certainly have.

The standards for pistols:

Sig Sauer p226
Colt M1911

You will never go wrong with those two weapons. The former is great, the latter my personal favorite. They got it right 100 years ago, and have just found different designs since then (in my opinion).

Shotgun...there is only 1 unless you are going hunting: Benelli M4.

No need to even think about it anymore. The best is clear.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Krazysh0t

The standards for pistols:

Sig Sauer p226
Colt M1911

You will never go wrong with those two weapons. The former is great, the latter my personal favorite. They got it right 100 years ago, and have just found different designs since then (in my opinion).

Shotgun...there is only 1 unless you are going hunting: Benelli M4.

No need to even think about it anymore. The best is clear.

sig? colt?

what about the beretta M9? don't get me wrong, the 1911 is a FANTASTIC pistol, one of my absolute favorites...but the M9 is also REALLY good....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
All this talk about shotgun vs AR-15. well have you seen the attachment that goes under the AR-15 barrel. The AR-15 can be fitted with a Shotgun underneath, and really any caliber built to slide on the rail of an AR. I think this will be my next add on to my AR-15.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

The M9 is my sons favorite pistol.

The grip on the 1911....superior to anything I have ever held.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Glassbender777
All this talk about shotgun vs AR-15. well have you seen the attachment that goes under the AR-15 barrel. The AR-15 can be fitted with a Shotgun underneath, and really any caliber built to slide on the rail of an AR. I think this will be my next add on to my AR-15.

yes...the "masterkey"...awesome accessory...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

The M9 is my sons favorite pistol.

The grip on the 1911....superior to anything I have ever held.

i'm torn though....the grip on the M9 is superb, it's comfortable

but the grip on the 1911...i dunno, it just feels....right.

i love them both. if i had to pick just ONE, it'd be a tossup between a custom 1911, a stock M9, or a USP tactical.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I am not sure durability matters when you are dealing with that kind of quality....but i believe the 1911 fares better on rounds fired.

I agree...the grip just feels right. The angle is superb. Firearms were really done "best" in the earlier days. The AK, for many a standard of reliability and killing power, is just a continuation of the very first automatic rifle ever made (STG44). It was superior then, and nothing much has changed. Other than the "furniture" used to dress it out.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

buster2010

network dude

But ass ugly, but still get's the job done.

Enjoy NY!

It gets the job done if you want to use a whole clip. You can put five rounds into a person and they will still keep coming.

You seem quite confident with that statement. Tell ya what, we can do a little experiment. You come over, I'll put five .223 rounds in you. Then, you try to "still keep coming". We'll see if your confidence level changes. When should I expect you to stop by?
edit on 2/12/2014 by mantisfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiefreekshow

That is stupid. Have a variety of firearms for difference jobs. The nagant will be # for small game.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You are thick if you think using a .308 to defend your home is a good idea.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You have proven you no nothing about firearms. Its a magazine.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

In practice that will just destroy the shotgun and the rifle after ~20 shots

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join