It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There's a better, simpler solution...

Move.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You mention how people are ignorant and then go on to say fully automatic firearms are illegal........Maybe you should do a little research.

Many,many,many people legally own fully automatic firearms under class 3. You can also legally own a silencer.

It is funny how many people think they are being pro-gun when in fact they are hurting the very cause they are trying to help because of the ignorance you mentioned.......Carry on.

If you have to get a special permit to own the weapon then it is illegal for the general public to own it. Looks like you are promoting a little ignorance of your own.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've been a little surprised by how much attention this is getting considering CA has been suffering with this nonsense for a very long time now.

That tells me that even in this "information age" many people, the media included, are woefully ignorant of the world around them.

If there is any good to come from the SAFE Act let it be growing mainstream knowledge of how pointless and intrusive these gun laws are.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There missing the whole idea here.

Lots of us former service men and women were trained to use the M16/M4
I would even go so far as to say a great many of those men and women never touched a rifle before or since.

The point being we're comfortable with this rifle, we trained with it, we know it front and back inside and out, so it's only logical that when we look for a civilian counterpart--- the 100% Legal AR 15 --- we do so because we're already proficient in it's use.

It's been that way since my grandfather's day with his M1 Grand or my fathers M1A1
that doesn't mean we're all a bunch of wild want-ta-be militia or paranoid gun nuts--- it's simply a mater of what we know and what we're most comfortable with.

NY needs to get through their tiny brains and just scrap the old law

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

buster2010

SubTruth

You mention how people are ignorant and then go on to say fully automatic firearms are illegal........Maybe you should do a little research.

Many,many,many people legally own fully automatic firearms under class 3. You can also legally own a silencer.

It is funny how many people think they are being pro-gun when in fact they are hurting the very cause they are trying to help because of the ignorance you mentioned.......Carry on.

If you have to get a special permit to own the weapon then it is illegal for the general public to own it. Looks like you are promoting a little ignorance of your own.

Using your logic driving, hunting,fishing, and traveling out of the country are also illegal.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

riffraff

buster2010

SubTruth

Using your logic driving, hunting,fishing, and traveling out of the country are also illegal.

Well logic would dictate that doing these things without the proper permits is illegal. And guess what? They are! Except traveling out of the country you need no special permit to go to Mexico or Canada. In case you didn't know those nations are out of this country.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728)

Link

I guess when they take all the firearms, they will start on our hands and feet.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The new AR-15 design did away with the pistol grip which gives the gun an odd paintball gun look. The stock is fixed as well, but at least New Yorkers now have a legal way to own an AR-15, a fact which is still driving some gun control activists mad.

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!! I hope they need Carmex for their chapped asses!!!

I have an AR version of a .22LR, and a regular looking .22LR. They both have the same rate of fire, but the action on the AR build isn't as reliable and jams all the time. Cosmetically, one looks really cool, the other not so much. Functionally, the "cool looking" one sucks compared to the old western style version.

This is the problem with politicians: they understand very little about the world they live in, but still write laws about it. Remember the series of tubes......

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

buster2010

riffraff

buster2010

SubTruth

Well logic would dictate that doing these things without the proper permits is illegal. And guess what? They are! Except traveling out of the country you need no special permit to go to Mexico or Canada. In case you didn't know those nations are out of this country.

Isn't that nice. To live on this planet you have to have licenses and permits. Just the way our creator intended!!!!

LOL, "logic would dictate". You didn't really start your sentence with those words, did you?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There is a similar workaround to the laws in the DPRC (Democratic People's Republic of California) which gave birth to bullet button.

You buy your AR15 with the bullet button in calif and you cross the border into Nevada and go to a gun show and buy the original mag release parts that you put away for the Revolution, TSHTF or TEOTWAWKI.

You can not buy a 50 BMG weapon but you can buy a 50 DTC. the difference is the shoulder of the case.

Some users have made special dies that can change a loaded round from BMG to DTC

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Loved some of the comments after the article, priceless!

"My firearms won't be illegal. Just undocumented."

"Just don't fashion it into the shape of a poptart."

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

buster2010

riffraff

buster2010

SubTruth

Isn't that nice. To live on this planet you have to have licenses and permits. Just the way our creator intended!!!!

LOL, "logic would dictate". You didn't really start your sentence with those words, did you?

Where did the "creator" say anything about driving a car? Mind pointing that out in the bible? And seeing how you are taking the "creator" route I understand your dislike to something called logic.
edit on 11-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

While one well placed shot with a .22lr can kill, I agree that a 12 guage is the best home defense weapon. A pump with dove and quail load would do. But a high powered rifle would be a very bad idea, much like the AR-15 for inside. A rifle round will go through walls. Many of them if it hits just right. I would hate to not know where the bullet ended up.

But I still say that AR is U-G-L-Y with that stock.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

buster2010

bigfatfurrytexan

buster2010

riffraff

buster2010

SubTruth

Where did the "creator" say anything about driving a car? Mind pointing that out in the bible?

I am not Christian, so I will pass. Our creator said nothing. Other than through action.

Humans are the only beast on the planet that must have a license (and pay fees) to exist. If you choose to do neither, you will have your freedom taken away from you. There is no way for a human to be out in the world and be left alone, short of going to the ends of the Earth (and even then, there will be someone there to screw with you more than likely....like Peace Corp or the UN).

I can infer what our creator intended for us by the way we were in our natural state. Sure, we may organize various things into machines and whatnot...that is us being smart. Just like we were made. But nothing in the natural life of a human would say that we were meant to live under the yoke of licensure and fees.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You do realize that ARs can be chambered in 308 and the platform can be a setup for shotgun shells as well.

So, what was that about real mans caliber and all?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

macman

You do realize that ARs can be chambered in 308 and the platform can be a setup for shotgun shells as well.

So, what was that about real mans caliber and all?

And don't forget the dreaded 9mm conversion kit...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
guys relax, its just a grip/butt stock combo on a standard AR15 without handrails or a flash reducer. its the SAME gun. (yes i would still buy the grip if i lived in NY and remove my picatinny and flash reducer)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

xuenchen

"Prototypes for the newly designed AR-15 are hitting gun shops across New York, as gun shops and machinists have designed a rifle that complies with the anti-gun law."

Nothing about the gun is new or has been changed, only the plastic pistol-grip has been removed and a new stock has been added. These "deer rifle" type stocks have been around for 15+ years, probably even longer
edit on 2/11/2014 by AnonymousMoose because: dumb

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You want people to defend their homes with a high power rifle round? Not the brightest idea Sheldon.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

East coast vs. west coast thats 2 very different frames of mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join