It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mar Squared Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Like many of these finds which go into their own threads, that squared off area was posted on Jeep's anomalies thread by someone (maybe by Jeep himself).

EDIT: Yep, Jeep, www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a fine find, of rocks and lines, and tiny walled-containers to store more rocks in.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Bilk22
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The white orb isn't there either. Oh and you were really fast with that response
Odd

You posted about the orb in the sky at 00:23 GMT (7:23 PM U.S. Eastern time, my timezone), and I responded 02:10 GMT (9:10 PM U.S. Eastern Time).

That was almost 2 hours; it wasn't really that fast.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Bilk22
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The white orb isn't there either. Oh and you were really fast with that response
Odd

You posted about the orb in the sky at 00:23 GMT (7:23 PM U.S. Eastern time, my timezone), and I responded 02:10 GMT (9:10 PM U.S. Eastern Time).

That was almost 2 hours; it wasn't really that fast.

I'm ETZ too
I posted at 8:06 and you responded 8:10. Well that's what my screen says. I think I have the settings correct for the forum. Have to check, but you posted soon after I did. Not a big deal though.

No white orb in your reference shot. The one in the OPs pic is casting a shadow. It's pretty clear. But who knows what the heck we're looking at. For all we now, that's Dulce, NM LOL
edit on 9-2-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

No. This post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the post at 7:23 U.S. Eastern time that you mentioned the orb in the sky. I may have responded to your later post (where you provided more information by providing a picture with arrrows), but you mentioned the orb in the sky in your other post more than 1 1/2 hours earlier.

edit on 2/9/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Bilk22

No. This post:

This is the post at 7:23 U.S. Eastern time that you mentioned the orb in the sky. I may have responded to your later post (where you provided more information by providing a picture with arrrows), but you mentioned the orb in the sky in your other post more than 1 1/2 hours earlier.

Ah what ever
Have any ideas on this?

Hey where's that thing going?

Background mountains or what ever they're supposed to be, moved too LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Maybe the rover was moving, not the landscape?

Not to say I've never experienced moving landscapes... but the culprits were usually wind and/or chemicals.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Baddogma
reply to post by Bilk22

Maybe the rover was moving, not the landscape?

Not to say I've never experienced moving landscapes... but the culprits were usually wind and/or chemicals.
Well the guy from PA says those two pics were taken simultaneously. Hey, I'm not even sure of the scale. The background is either mountains or mole hills LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Bilk22
So they take pics in stereo? Is that for 3D?

Yes.

Is that why the pics they show us suck?

The pics don't suck, people shouldn't zoom in on the photos and then complain about the quality.

We need to see the combined image so we can see the finer detail? Tell us how that works.

Don't zoom in, regardless of image quality, a zoomed-in image will never show more detail.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Bilk22
Well the guy from PA says those two pics were taken simultaneously.

Maybe one is from the right camera and the other from the left camera. Do you have a link to the original images?

Hey, I'm not even sure of the scale. The background is either mountains or mole hills LOL

I think the background is the crater rim.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

ArMaP

Bilk22

Maybe one is from the right camera and the other from the left camera. Do you have a link to the original images?

Hey, I'm not even sure of the scale. The background is either mountains or mole hills LOL

The links are on the first page. One to the original and the other was provided in a response to one of my posts. Yes the images pretty much suck compared to what they could be. If we lay people cannot discern what is in the camera's field of view, how can NASA? Do they have better resolution than they're giving us? I suspect that's the case.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yeah, the left-right camera shift in perspective occurred to me, too.

If not, then it's more moving Mars rocks... a trend? Maybe the whole planet is haunted... heh

Edit: or a Martian's head as they scurry by? But looking at the pics ... they are not the same perspective! Look at the back hills and their position.. different!
edit on 2/10/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/10/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Bilk22
Yes the images pretty much suck compared to what they could be.

I really don't understand why people complain about the quality of the photos, they look good to me.

If we lay people cannot discern what is in the camera's field of view, how can NASA?

Probably because they are not lay people.

Do they have better resolution than they're giving us? I suspect that's the case.

The photos are published as JPEGs, with too much compression and without any processing. After processing (taking into account the information about the camera, temperature, light, dust in the air, etc.), the photos are published on the Planetary Data System (I think that's the name), usually every three months, if I'm not mistaken, and if you look at those you can see that they are better than these photos.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

gortex

This is a squared around structure

Building platform ...you saw it here first

Anyone here suggesting this pic is zoomed in or something?

I dont see pixels, at least =D

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Bilk22

ArMaP

Bilk22

The links are on the first page. One to the original and the other was provided in a response to one of my posts. Yes the images pretty much suck compared to what they could be. If we lay people cannot discern what is in the camera's field of view, how can NASA? Do they have better resolution than they're giving us? I suspect that's the case.

NO they have a BETTER UNDERSTANDING and that has been shown many times on these threads. Some of our members need to brush up on digital imaging,photography,video & optics!!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Bilk22

Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Bilk22

No. This post:

Ah what ever
Have any ideas on this?

You have heard of PARALLAX, I mean is it not obvious by looking at the backgrounds that the the pictures are taken from 2 slightly different positions.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

The pic is zoomed in.

I'm good at what I do

Here's the original for reference.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

gardener

Yes, it's zoomed in.

Because it was resampled, we could only see the pixels if the individual pixels had been resized.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

wmd_2008

Bilk22

Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Bilk22

No. This post:

Ah what ever
Have any ideas on this?

You have heard of PARALLAX, I mean is it not obvious by looking at the backgrounds that the the pictures are taken from 2 slightly different positions.

Can you zoom in and print the lower right of centre . It looks like a square foundation base with what looks like another straight edge at the forefront.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It's a photo from the left (NLB_444375405EDR_F0260184NCAM00254M_.JPG) and a photo from the right (NRB_444375405EDR_F0260184NCAM00254M_.JPG) camera.

With both photos we can do this and see that the background doesn't move.
(I used the thumbnails to avoid having three moving images, click the thumbnails to see the animations)

But if we choose a different central point for both photos we can get this

or this

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join