It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mar Squared Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
After looking at these pics from Curiosity - the sepia tone looking pics - and now finding out there are two cameras taking stereo pics - I'm pretty convinced the pics we see are part of a 3D pic they have taken with both cameras? It certainly looks that way based on the little display offered up by Armap. The rest of the data is in the other pic that was taken simultaneously. Combining the two pics gives the try color and the depth of field.

Why would they do this? Well it makes everything look like rocks.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Bilk22
Combining the two pics gives the try color and the depth of field.

Combining the two photos gives only the depth of field.

PS: Curiosity has several pairs of cameras.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

ArMaP

Bilk22
Combining the two pics gives the try color and the depth of field.

Combining the two photos gives only the depth of field.

PS: Curiosity has several pairs of cameras.
There's more to it than that. You can see in the sepia-tone images there are hints of color. They either have some sort of filter or computer modification that translates the data from the image to true color. Why aren't we getting those images to see?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Bilk22
There's more to it than that. You can see in the sepia-tone images there are hints of color. They either have some sort of filter or computer modification that translates the data from the image to true color. Why aren't we getting those images to see?

Those colour photos are as close to true colour as a photo taken by a common digital camera on Earth, what you call sepia-tone is a result of the filter effect created by dust in the air, the same thing happens on Earth.

See what happened in Sidney some years ago.
Sydney turns red: dust storm blankets city

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

ArMaP

Bilk22

Those colour photos are as close to true colour as a photo taken by a common digital camera on Earth, what you call sepia-tone is a result of the filter effect created by dust in the air, the same thing happens on Earth.

See what happened in Sidney some years ago.
Sydney turns red: dust storm blankets city
I don't know if I buy that explanation.
If that were the case, the pics from the satellite would reflect that and look much different.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Bilk22
I don't know if I buy that explanation.

That's because you haven't seen it, I have. Some years ago we got a small dust storm from Morocco, and the sky looked like what we see on the photos from Mars, and everything had a yellowish tint.
My sister took some photos (she is a photographer) of some places on that day and on the day after, when things are returned to normal.

If that were the case, the pics from the satellite would reflect that and look much different.

No, the satellite photos have the light from behind, while the photos taken from the ground have the light coming through the dust, so the light is scattered and makes the dust more visible.

PS: here's the photo Gortex posted, after having the colours corrected.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

i sure hope this helps some people see more clearly what might be on MARS at Least in this juicy Little spot you are all getting some nice views of from that king-sized Rover...i also hope the link works..._DERRUFO_KONEPKE_ online and at blogsite Around the Saucer with DERR

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DERRUFO

another note-- i would have sent the material here i was working on but i havent been able to Load images here so I hope you all can go over to the site i gave-- i Looked-- the Link works ...

<< 1  2   >>

join