It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain: U.S. must arm Syria rebels to deter Iran from nuclear ambitions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
John McCain U.S. must arm Syria rebels to deter Iran from nuclear ambitions

U.S. Senator John McCain said in an interview published Monday that arming Syrian rebels is an important step in deterring Iran from its nuclear ambitions.

Speaking to Army Radio on a visit to Israel, the Republican senator deflected concerns that weapons provided to rebels could fall into the hands of terrorists, who might use them against the United States and Israel.

"There's [sic] no good options," said McCain, "Would you rather have these weapons - perhaps some of them - in the hands of the wrong people, or would you rather have [Syrian President] Bashar Assad prevail and then encourage Iran to further their ambitions on nuclear weapons?"

Now we have the two main Israeli firsters in our government wanting America to arm their buddies in Al-Qaeda. Isn't having connections with people that America calls terrorist a crime? If so then why hasn't McCain and Graham been placed under arrest? They are also violating the Logan act which prohibits them from dealing with other nations.

And when did Syria start controlling Iran? And McCain and Israel had better think again because the rebels have made comments that they are not friendly to Israel.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That cagey old geezer. In the Korean and Viet Nam wars, the rhetoric was to "deter communism" or "the domino effect".
He's preaching another domino effect.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with Israel, and everything to do with John McCain being off his rocker. AZ needs to retire him.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

An individual that advocates arming for war does not have our best interests at heart.

Anyone that supports an individual that advocates arming for war is no different.

What have we become?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I chalk it up to the Incumbent Effect.

Everyone hates incumbents until you ask them about their incumbents ... then ... well, he or she is a good guy.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think someone should just quietly move him to a retirement home and give him a laptop with a game a civ on it to play. As long as you have someone to fed him and change his diapers im sure he wont notice the diffrence

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

There's an idea. Which civs should be in that game ... I'm sure we could mod it so that the whole middle east is in there.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Sublimecraft
What have we become?

No better than Russia.

How we have fallen.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by crazyewok

There's an idea. Which civs should be in that game ... I'm sure we could mod it so that the whole middle east is in there.

Oooo

I think
USA
Britain
France
Germany
Russia (though may spoil his fun even in game haha)
Isreal! (Fixed ally)
Syria
Eygpt
Iran
India
China
North Korea
Japan

Haha Let him start WW3

O if you like civ I recoment checking out the caveman to cosmos mod for Civ 4. It make civ 5 seem like civ 3 haha

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

An individual that advocates arming for war does not have our best interests at heart.

Anyone that supports an individual that advocates arming for war is no different.

What have we become?

We didn't listen to this man so we have become the dealers of death to the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I haven't seen John McCain this upset since Zachary Taylor died.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Someone really needs to get McCain up to speed on the latest administration approved talking points.

Is Iran playing both sides in Syria to draw in the USA?

Treasury's Charge Sees Tehran Enabling al Qaeda in Syria

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration charged that Tehran has allowed senior al Qaeda members operating from Iranian soil to facilitate the movement of Sunni fighters into Syria.

The allegation by the Treasury Department on Thursday would suggest that elements of Iran's government or military were at least tacitly supporting the opposing sides of Syria's civil war.

Iranian Shiites helping Sunni Al Qaeda in Syria?

Stay on the yellow brick road John, you'll get to OZ sooner or later.

edit on 8-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I really fail to see the logic of the guy, lets aid their enemy to prove they actually are going to be attacked eventually anyways???

I think if they aid the rebels it would be another reason for Iran to get the nukes, its like cornering a rabid dog and expect at the same time it wont bite you.

I think this man just want to see another war before retiring.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Exactly, the US foreign policy amounts to nothing more than International terrorism. The president, his cabinet and members of congress have violated their own laws by arming known terrorists, these are high crimes of treason. It is the responsibility of the House of Representatives to draft articles of impeachment and have them all arrested and tried. I have emailed my representatives about this and demanded that they take action.

I usually receive an email response when I contact them about my concerns, last week I received an actual letter in response to my demand for action on her letter head with a real signature.

Quoting from the letter...
"As you may know, Article II of the Constitution of the United States provides for the removal of the President from office in the event of [treason, bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors] Under current law this process can only be initiated by the House of Representatives through impeachment proceedings, upon which the Senate would conduct a formal trial to decide if the President should be removed from office."

She goes on to say...
"Needless to say, this decision is not to be taken lightly. Impeachment of the president has occurred only twice in our nation's history, and no president has ever been removed from office by Congress. In the event that Congress begins such a procedure, I will be sure to consider your comments."

-Representative Susan DelBene 1st District Washington State

Although she sits on the House Judiciary Committee, she is unwilling to take the steps necessary to begin such proceedings, and only will consider my comments if such proceedings begin on there own.

McCain's comments are the crux of this issue, those most vocal in Congress that could initiate such proceedings want to continue and expand this disastrous foreign policy, which violates international and US law.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

So when the White House openly supports the terrorist insurgents in Syria it's a humanitarian act... Then the White House claims that Iran is directing Al Qaeda insurgents in Syria, so we must support the insurgents in Syria to avoid enabling Iran's Nuclear ambitions?

Who's living in a fantasy world...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyMentat

Confusing isn't it?

Give them time, they will get the narrative worked out. It's a work in progress.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

kenpos12

No better than Russia.

How we have fallen.

I dunno worse.

Least people respect Putin even if he is a evil SOB.

Obama and your congress are just laughing stocks. And feared not out of respect but out of what clownish thing they will do next to shoot themselfs and there allies in the foot.

Russia is the dangrous Criminal that needs locking away for public saftey

USA is the Mentaly challenged crazy that needs locking up for hes own saftey as well as the publics

edit on 8-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

John McCain: U.S. must arm Syria rebels to deter Iran from nuclear ambitions

For crying out loud ... Sen. McCain ... would you PLEASE hurry up and retire. GO AWAY. I hope to god this country can survive McCain and Obama and the rest who want to get us involved in Syria. Going in there, in any manner, would be an epic mistake.

edit on 2/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

MonkeyMentat
reply to post by ausername

So when the White House openly supports the terrorist insurgents in Syria it's a humanitarian act... Then the White House claims that Iran is directing Al Qaeda insurgents in Syria, so we must support the insurgents in Syria to avoid enabling Iran's Nuclear ambitions?

Who's living in a fantasy world...

The White House announced last year they wanted to arm them but the White House has nothing to do with this announcement. McCain and Graham are doing this on their own. It isn't the first time these two have gone against American interests when it comes to Israel.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
John McCain just wants the US Government to sell armaments to anyone, and doesn't really care who.

He's just in the business of making money for armaments manufacturers, who happen to be among some of his highest campaign contributors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join