It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman on What the Government Isn't Telling Us About Aliens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Chronogoblin
David Icke is a mixed bag

We agree on that. He understands a lot of the international corruption, Global politics, as well as many other things that are going on. Some of what he claims is absolute 100% nonsense though. Just my opinion.

Not sure what you want as far as a description, perhaps 'planar' beings would be a better descriptor. Most people have a hard time getting past that part, because they tend to think of dimensions as simple units of measurement. Different layers of reality, IMO. Getting OT a bit I think.

I hear that a lot all the time, and I don't buy it. Nothing to do with you either, it's just what I have thought for many, many years. I believe sometimes the simple truth is easier to swallow than one that is influenced into belief. I personally, believe that Aliens come from other Solar Systems, as well as other Galaxies.

The Galaxy part is another discussion because of the vast distance between them and us. We don't understand their technology though, so who knows about that. I believe that they are here within our own solar system, probably on Saturn's moon, Titan. Some people suggest that they put the rings around Saturn, and are terraforming it for their future home. Icke would love me for that one!

Belief in the divine doesn't automatically equate with belief in religion.

Again, we agree. Maybe my comments about organized religions, and their beliefs here on Earth, misrepresented my position. I grew up Christian, I believe Christianity has many, not all, good intentions, but later on as I have grow older, I have come to the realization that I believe that The Universe is God. Nothing more, nothing less. Stars create, and provide life.

I do not believe that any idea thought up here on planet earth by Man over 2000 years ago, is the absolute truth. I don't believe that whatsoever, not even one small bit. However my friend, The answer is out there, and most likely it is connected to the power of the stars, which give life to everything on whatever planets are in question. Without the heat from a certain star = No life exists.

My main thought being, everything that Aliens can 'do' (as purported by contactees), seems very much in line with what the 'old gods' or 'demonic beings' (not sure what exactly to call them, negative entities?) were supposedly capable of. That, and the matter of people not being able to adequately explain what they want. If they are indeed 'flesh & blood extra-terrestrials,' as some have claimed, what's the point? No one seems to be able to answer that question with a scientific bent.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Those few who were considered a god back then, may have just been a person who walked into their tribes camp with a branch of a tree that was just recently struck by lightning. They would have been viewed as an absolute supreme being just for the warmth that they provided. If it was during winter, even more so. Imagine the first animal flesh cooked over a fire that was brought in by whoever it was? That = a God, or at the very least, Power over individuals.

Now, I believe that earlier peoples who lived out in the desert, like the Middle East, probably did not have many guys walking into camp with fire during the so-called beginning of times, mainly because of the lack of timber in the desert. Which tells me that because it was so rare, rarely did it happen in that region, which amounted to only a few god like human beings, like Jesus maybe? So because it was a rare sight, fire was viewed as being godly.

To follow up, if one lived in the forests of North America, the population as a whole in those regions were more likely to have multiple tribes discovering the power of fire after storms, and lighting strikes. The result was = Many so-called gods, and many so-called ideas. Which led to mass tribal warfare, and division.

Anyway I know, I rambled a bit, but it sounds like you enjoy the same kind of discussion as me. Appreciate your response Chronogoblin, cause I love pondering these kinds of things with anyone who does as well. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Humans may see Stanton as synonymous with the Ufo phenomenon but name one Ufo that has every dropped by his place for a coffee or tea. These Aliens really have no respect.

Oh for some its not even be in there dictionary. They would have no concept of it, just like some would have no concept of pity or remorse. Time will tell, then we shall see. People overlook minor yet important items in this UFO phenomenon, one such would be that to first see them they must create a doorway or pathway, and no I ain't talking about stargate space bending here. What I am talking about is coaxing the total human social complex mind into first accepting certain things as real. And then from there you move on with other things, leading to other processes and whole new realities. After all the concept of talking and seeing through a plastic gadget was non existent incomprehensible some few hundred years ago.

Its true that when you are capable of seeing them, they would be capable of seeing you. So yes the whole UFO phenomenon is but one step in integration of the human hive mind into different dimensions, It would be kind of how if you go and show a picture to aboriginals or somebody who has been out of civilization they would be unable to see certain things which somebody in said civilization would see and not even notice, things such as certain colors which they would not have in there culture would not be visible to them in that picture.

Its the same way with these creature or entities you all like to call aliens. In fact the concept of alien is a new one itself which was superimposed on the minds of people, and yes your government and famous people and all that were the carriers. Its a process, and it is likely to not even good, but all of that what is good and what is bad is just a matter of perceptive. So yes the UFO and Alien phenomenon does have a goal, even a quota to reach.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

stirling
Staunton is a master at saying nothing new, but making himself sound logical.......
Personally I begin to doubt the knowledge of most of the current crop of researchers....Too many wishful reports that twist the fact into aliens.....
The government is not immune to setting up experts to mold public perceptions......
Not that I say hes a shill for the CIA, but hes not contributing to the knowledge base in a realistic fashion....

By the way....if they have been here for thousands or even hundreds of years and not announced themselves....maybe they just want to be left alone!
edit on 8-2-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

I agree with this, you've summarised my current feelings in regards to the field. I am very much open minded to the whole idea of it but I am increasingly sceptical of researchers that claim aliens are on or visiting Earth.

In regards to Stanton Friedman, I don't know too much about his research but I am looking into it. My initial feelings towards him are positive and as you've mentioned, he seems to provide a sincere logic to his discussions.

Regardless of how interesting the whole topic is though, I'm finding it really hard to accept the idea that advanced alien life forms are visiting Earth and have been for hundreds or thousands of years. I would love to be proved wrong and I am pro-actively seeking that proof, but so far no available 'evidence' or testiments have convinced me.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I used to really like listening to Stanton, he was the grand father of the UFO circuit so you tended to think of him as the sensible reliable one but then after many years I heard nothing new, it became clear he lived his life on the circuit and therefore had in my mind lost the reliability he once had because he was a full time speaker.

Its a shame really as he's got the 'smarts' but he recycling material, saying are UFO that clearly are not and simply keeping the pay packet coming in. I can't blame him for it as its become a job for life but it makes him totally unreliable, more entertainment than fact.

For me far too many have followed a similar course, some took to the free money job like a duck to water, I'm talking about Nick Pope, he took an administrative job and turned it into to him being Fox Mulder, researching the cases and being important when he clearly just passed papers around. He's even on video when in his job saying he's seen nothing to convince him that there's anything out there but now he's out of the job and on the circuit he's a staunch believer...

Please..The UFO scene has become a bit stale in my opinion, we can only hope our other world / dimension travellers give us a bit of entertainment soon.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

As far a there goes the plane business, there goes the car business goes, progress always leaves old technology in its wake and most people are happy to see it go. We had to say there goes the horse business, there goes the buggy business, there goes the bridal and saddle and harness business, hell there goes the wooden wheel business too. Add to that the people who ran liveries, and the people who cleaned the horse manure from the streets. We had to say there goes to an entire industry but we said hello here comes... to a whole bunch more. Well do it again.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

NONPOINT21
reply to post by Notheycant

When he was talking about his points with how oil would shut down and cars because of new technology and free energy and nobody wanting to release their power i can only think of the New World Order. That goes against what they want. They supposedly want a one world government. You would think if that is true then releasing ET information would be exactly what they want to do to obtain that one world government right???

I personally think that ET/other beings are real and are here. I doubt we will get any disclosure in my lifetime due to the shear fact that the ones in the know don't really know. Look how much we the people are manipulated by our governments of the world. What would make me think that another species wouldn't do the exact same thing to them???

Ben rich stated that it would take an act of god before humanity would ever be benefited. And god doesn't exist so there you go. But maybe he meant it in a different light like if someone important ever died then maybe we would benefit. The reason the world is in such bad shape is the fact that we are not being all we can be. There is work to be done. it isn't about free energy but muscle and I would say that earth is overdue for a work out! "Truth is a property of belief, and derivatively of sentences which express beliefs." Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Friedman strikes me as the kind of guy that'll say whatever he's paid to say. Creepy dude.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Chronogoblin

...on What the Government Isn't Telling Us About Aliens.

THAT: They are demonic beings only pretending to be real extra-solar beings.

THAT: Certain elements of .gov worships them like 'gods.'

THAT: MOST of the World's problems originate from THEY the Government, and THEY the 'Aliens.'

Honestly, what would the World say, if all or most of the World's Leaders came out and said that they were all Occultists, and that they were/are being instructed to alter the World to come in-line with Luciferian Doctrine?

Yeah...

...about like that... I'd reckon.

Good - evil
Light - dark
Heaven - hell
Good angles - bad angels
Positive - negative
Its all the same. They all follow the same rules. It is a universal law. Magnetism to = a balaced equation. Were there is one force there is another of equal. But at the end of the day these forces follow the same guiedlines. The onlything thats different is one thrives on pain were the other thrives on harmony. The one thing you will never learn in church is even heaven has uses methods of pain and torture when it needs to. Long story short. Ying and yang = one collective force that controls all.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Abavs

Chronogoblin

...on What the Government Isn't Telling Us About Aliens.

THAT: They are demonic beings only pretending to be real extra-solar beings.

THAT: Certain elements of .gov worships them like 'gods.'

THAT: MOST of the World's problems originate from THEY the Government, and THEY the 'Aliens.'

Honestly, what would the World say, if all or most of the World's Leaders came out and said that they were all Occultists, and that they were/are being instructed to alter the World to come in-line with Luciferian Doctrine?

Yeah...

...about like that... I'd reckon.

Good - evil
Light - dark
Heaven - hell
Good angles - bad angels
Positive - negative
Its all the same. They all follow the same rules. It is a universal law. Magnetism to = a balaced equation. Were there is one force there is another of equal. But at the end of the day these forces follow the same guiedlines. The onlything thats different is one thrives on pain were the other thrives on harmony. The one thing you will never learn in church is even heaven has
usemethods of pain and torture when it needs to. Long story short. Ying and yang = one collective force that controls all.

Or to put it simply, its all about balance

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
nice interview but he didn't really say anything we didn't already know or heard about.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Odd...I posted a reply on a different thread and it wound up here instead...

Nevermind

edit on 11-2-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

UFOOWNER

NONPOINT21

When he was talking about his points with how oil would shut down and cars because of new technology and free energy and nobody wanting to release their power i can only think of the New World Order. That goes against what they want. They supposedly want a one world government. You would think if that is true then releasing ET information would be exactly what they want to do to obtain that one world government right???

I personally think that ET/other beings are real and are here. I doubt we will get any disclosure in my lifetime due to the shear fact that the ones in the know don't really know. Look how much we the people are manipulated by our governments of the world. What would make me think that another species wouldn't do the exact same thing to them???

Ben rich stated that it would take an act of god before humanity would ever be benefited. And god doesn't exist so there you go. But maybe he meant it in a different light like if someone important ever died then maybe we would benefit. The reason the world is in such bad shape is the fact that we are not being all we can be. There is work to be done. it isn't about free energy but muscle and I would say that earth is overdue for a work out! "Truth is a property of belief, and derivatively of sentences which express beliefs." Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

What?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

goodison3
I've always wondered why aliens never took over the earth during the "ancient" times? when a good spear was the biggest threat they'd face if they landed?.

I've thought about this a lot.

What if the environment on their world became unlivable for whatever reason? I think it would be reasonable to speculate that a race advanced enough for interstellar travel would be capable of DNA manipulation for the means of the advancement of other-worldly primitive bi-pedal creatures. Why? Maybe they need them to quickly evolve and build a civilization sufficiently advanced to accommodate them. After all, they are obviously not suited to manual labor, judging by their puny bodies.

When Earth civilization has reached a comfortable level for them, then they could wipe us out easily with a foreign virus and own the earth.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Only 30 seconds into another very unprofessional video, I'm beginning to think Josh is a disinfo agent TRYING to make us look bad
Whats with the videos???
WHY is ATS endorsing this???
No WONDER mainstream thinks we are nuts

ETA: Just watched the whole video, my opinions remain the same. I will not watch this drivel anymore.
edit on 2/12/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Only 30 seconds into another very unprofessional video, I'm beginning to think Josh is a disinfo agent TRYING to make us look bad
Whats with the videos???
WHY is ATS endorsing this???
No WONDER mainstream thinks we are nuts

ETA: Just watched the whole video, my opinions remain the same. I will not watch this drivel anymore.
edit on 2/12/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Thank you...Jesus whats with these idiotic video's?? Stop trying to be ironic...im not here to be served the same drivel we see on you tube. im here for a serious discussion. If this is the best production you can muster up with take it somewhere else and I seriously questions the direction the site owners are taking this place. I guess going mainstream really does kill the quality of the site.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Ross 54
On Mr. Friedman's hostility toward SETI: His arguments against it don't seem very convincing. Radio may well be antiquated technology to some civilizations in the galaxy. Those that are interested in having anything to do with us could surely make use of it for our benefit, if they wanted to. These would probably be the civilizations not hugely more advanced than we are, to begin with.
The long time lags involved in communicating by radio over galactic distances may not be such a serious barrier. Ways may have been discovered to route radio signals through bulk space, cutting down the travel time for signals greatly. Even if this is not the case, receiving one-way information from an extraterrestrial culture could be at least as illuminating as the information handed down to us from all past civilizations on Earth. We can't talk to Shakespeare, or Galileo, or Socrates, but learning what they had to say is still of great value.
Communicating with the extraterrestrials supposed to be nearest to Earth; those thought by some to be associated with some UFOs, is a laudable goal. It has not so far been accomplished, at least not in an open, unambiguous manner. Failing that, SETI seems a very worthwhile endeavor, and despite what Mr. Friedman says to the contrary, is firmly based on scientific principles, and what little knowledge we have so far been able to gather about a potentially inhabited universe.

Well said.

I pretty much answered Friedman's SETI criticism (preemptively) in this ATS post.

Interestingly enough I've been in touch with Stanton about my research on the Betty Hill/Marjorie Fish starmap. I let him know from the outset that I am a skeptic but I go where the science leads me.

I will agree to disagree with him on SETI. I feel he is picking the wrong fight to be honest, and its sad he continues his anti-SETI monologue in every interview I see with him.

I appreciate all the work he did helping Marjorie Fish (who herself was also a skeptic) on the Hill star map and appreciate he helped her get a job at Oak Ridge National Laboratory as a technician where she worked for over 20 years.

edit on 13-2-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Notheycant
This video barely scrapes the surface of our conversation and you can expect to hear more from Stanton in future segments as we continue to dig deeper into alien territory!

Leave us some love or hate on the video, we miss you like E.T. misses Reese's Pieces.

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

Excellent work as always Josh! Don't listen to the people who don't like the animations. They keep things interesting, especially for those of us already familiar with the subject matter from myriad documentaries.

Since you're going to be working with Stanton more frequently I was wondering if you might be able to help me with a project I hope to work with him on.

Can I send you a U2U?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

If ALL E.T.'s were "inter-dimensional demons" we'd be blown away by now. Especially after trying to shoot them down during the "Battle of Los Angeles". There are recorded reports of UFO's since the late 1800's.

Your logic is flawed.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Good and evil are spiritual realities.

Or concepts of a conscious mind conflicted with dualism.

Aliens are not traditional demons,

what is a traditional demon?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I mean the traditional Catholic fallen angel as opposed to an evil spirit. Aliens are spirits that, like humans, can have physical bodies. They do not serve God.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join