It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman on What the Government Isn't Telling Us About Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Today marks the triumphant return of DTOM to a favorite subject here at ATS - Aliens. The name Stanton Friedman should be no stranger to these parts as it has become synonymous with UFOs (or "flying saucers" as he prefers), not to mention that he is probably one of the most recognized faces when it comes to mainstream media reports on the Roswell event and extraterrestrial life. His logical yet open-minded approach was a refreshing change from some of the blind acceptance of anything that blinks and makes a glowing crop circle that I've encountered in the field, and I'd say he was the most grounded alien researcher I've encountered so far. We talked about why the government won't reveal the existence of aliens, the four rules of debunking, and he shares his "more appropriate" acronym for SETI that makes no mistake about how he really feels.

This video barely scrapes the surface of our conversation and you can expect to hear more from Stanton in future segments as we continue to dig deeper into alien territory!

Leave us some love or hate on the video, we miss you like E.T. misses Reese's Pieces.

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's kinda hard to understand what you guys are saying (for the non English members), is there a transcript available maybe somehow, somewhere ?

Cheers, Alundra

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Oh man I'm sorry we don't have a transcript.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Stanton is a strange character. I think one one hand he really 'gets' the whole Ufology scene. It's clear he has done extensive research and realizes that almost all the evidence out there so far is pretty worthless. But like the rest of us he keeps searching and hoping something solid will eventually turn up.

But on the other hand the guy has to make a living and hes famous for being a Ufologist. So people pay him to give talks and appear on videos and i don't think he minds bending a few of the truth's here and there to give them a taste of what they want to hear. Certainly in the past i have seen him claiming that some very obvious things like birds or lanterns or balloons where actually UFO's. To me he is a guy who has been lucky enough to turn a hobby into a profession but to do it he has had to play dumb and over hypothesize just to pay the bills.

His ability to mix in good commonsense about why so many of the UFO reports are nonsense while saying things like "we dont know what it is so it MAY be UFO's" is what makes him seem one of the more credible Ufologists out there.

edit on 6-2-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Notheycant
reply to post by Alundra

Oh man I'm sorry we don't have a transcript.

In that case .. subtitles please

Nah .. just kidding , liked the show .. it was very well done and funny too (stan's "mouth".. LOL) !

Good ol' Stan is always fun to listen to , although I feel he should bring something new to the table, but I respect his work and effort into this very complex matter, We need more people like him in the field of UFO investigations.

Keep up the good work guys !!

Cheers, Alundra

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

When he was talking about his points with how oil would shut down and cars because of new technology and free energy and nobody wanting to release their power i can only think of the New World Order. That goes against what they want. They supposedly want a one world government. You would think if that is true then releasing ET information would be exactly what they want to do to obtain that one world government right???

I personally think that ET/other beings are real and are here. I doubt we will get any disclosure in my lifetime due to the shear fact that the ones in the know don't really know. Look how much we the people are manipulated by our governments of the world. What would make me think that another species wouldn't do the exact same thing to them???

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That interview is probably the most sensible I've ever heard old SF.

I'm not sure if that's due editing, or, if he's cleaned up some due criticism, or what.

I still get the impression he rides too much on past defunct laurels, as if he's still a nuclear scientist, when he's been in the business of selling used Flying Saucers for much much longer, made more money doing so, while also having more freedom and quality time to hisself.

Basically, even stated in an old interview, when he discovered he could make more money talking about flying saucers to people, and have more free time, he quit his job.

More money, and less work?
Who doesn't want that?

Of note, however, we also see a favor bias in making proclamations from an ETH as fact position.

It's bothersome when people talk about UFOs or Flying Saucers in personifying them as "alien" yet provide no good evidence, not even smoking gun, but, slightly warmer than room temperature to the touch gun evidence that points to UFOs as having any accountability other than UNKNOWN.

In other words, it's more programming from positions of false/supposed/popular authority when people talk "aliens" when the subject is UFOs, and UFOs get along quite fine without aliens as Unknowns.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Stanton Friedman has been around a long time. If you take the time to search ATS you will find several dozen, if not hundreds of threads about him. He is, indeed, a real "nuclear physicist," albeit with a Masters degree (from the University of Chicago; he was a classmate of Carl Sagan's) He worked on a number of "nuclear" projects for companies such as General Electric. One of his projects was to develop a nuclear engine for airplanes. He was laid off several times and during one of these periods he turned to talks about UFOs on the college lecture circuit with a talk entitled, "UFOs are Real!" His lack of a PhD may have been the reason his career as a "nuclear physicist" fizzled, but there's no doubt that it did. Perhaps it was intentional as he may have been making more money giving lectures, but given the relative pay of such people today it may also have been a near term gain for a long term loss.

He's really never stopped doing "The Lecture." Even as the college lecture circuit dried up, his basic message is exactly the same as it was in the fifties: UFOs are real and the government knows something about it. Beyond that he is strictly a nuts & bolts guy who rarely addresses other possibilities such as the Inter-dimensional Hypothesis or some of the "high strangeness" aspects of UFOs. Having said that, he also has an encyclopedic knowledge of pretty much any case that has been publicized over the last 50 or so years. he also has been prominent in the MJ-12 authentication debate and is decidedly anti-Bob Lazar.

The bottom line is that Friedman is very much an old-school Ufologist giving the same lecture he always has. He's not cutting-edge in his theories. Having said that, he also has never been touched by scandal, never been accused of perverting evidence, never been caught out in any sort of subterfuge whatsoever. He's been called naïve more than once, but you really can't question his integrity. And as such he deserves our respect

even though we've heard it all before.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Alundra
It's kinda hard to understand what you guys are saying (for the non English members), is there a transcript available maybe somehow, somewhere ?

Cheers, Alundra

t
Yeah, I cant watch the vid at the moment and Id love to know what old Stantons got to say.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

thedoctorswife

Alundra

Cheers, Alundra

t
Yeah, I cant watch the vid at the moment and Id love to know what old Stantons got to say.

Well, he pretty much say "That the Government wont tell us about their knowledge of UFO's or Extraterrestrial cause it's a secret".

Nothing new actually.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'll watch when I'm off work.

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Mianeye

thedoctorswife

Alundra

Cheers, Alundra

t

Well, he pretty much say "That the Government wont tell us about their knowledge of UFO's or Extraterrestrial cause it's a secret".

Nothing new actually.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

That's about the jist of it. However, he is mostly presented as a kind of historian on UFO's, and so it's hard to get where he is coming from.
I mean the very idea about UFO's being alien, kind of flies in the face of what we understand about space travel today, yet in all there are so many specific encounter anecdotes from people from the third kind to the first kind.
edit on 6-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Mianeye
Well, he pretty much say "That the Government wont tell us about their knowledge of UFO's or Extraterrestrial cause it's a secret". Nothing new actually.

I don't doubt that the government is keeping quiet about UFOs. Because the government only wants to keep secret two things about anything: 1) what it knows, and 2) what it doesn't know. So the question becomes, what makes Stanton Friedman so sure that the government is covering up "positive proof" of "aliens," rather than covering up its ongoing ignorance?

One of his favorite things is to wave around blacked out FOIA papers that he's obtained and claim (or heavily imply) that somehow the blacked out areas cover up THE REAL TRUTH about UFOs. But the fact is, the pages are black. They more likely redact information about contacts and investigation methods, rather than anything significant. But Friedman has special X-ray vision or something so he can tell what the blacked out parts really contain.

I wonder sometimes if Friedman isn't the most effective disinformation agent the government has ever had. In the decades that he's been involved in the UFO field, we've come exactly NOWHERE closer to figuring out what these things really are. His Extraterrestrial Hypothesis has been a complete bust. No good evidence has appeared (that we know of). And other than "raising awareness," he's accomplished nothing of any value in the field. Not much of a legacy for all the time and energy he's spent on it. Unless that was his goal all along.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Blue Shift
So the question becomes, what makes Stanton Friedman so sure that the government is covering up "positive proof" of "aliens," rather than covering up its ongoing ignorance?

He is sure I don't think so!!! He just wants to keep his earning potential as high as possible, you know the old saying about a certain group and there disposable income and how easy it is to separate the two.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For those that want it transcribed here you go ....

JLC ; why does it seem like other countries are willing to at least hint at the existence of aliens and our country just does not ?

SF ;Well no country's really given out all they have , I give ya 6 reasons for the cover up for everybody , first you wanna figure out how the darn things work, they make wonderful weapons delivery and defence systems we spend an awful lot of money on that stealth aircraft cost $10 billion you know to develop and we have (records?) so rule no1 for security is you can't tell your friends without telling your enemies they read the newspapers listen to the radio as well and so that's the first thing ,

second problem is the other side of the same coin , what is somebody else figures out how they work before we do how do you defend against them you don't want them to know we know they know , weapons ,counter weapons, counter counter weapons ya know we been playing this game for a long time , bigger stronger shields you know ,

the third problem is suppose there were an announcement tomorrow by two highly trusted individuals ...the Queen and the pope , what if they came out with an announcement saying we have it on good authority that our planet is being visited by ET spacecraft and they're neutral , what would happen , well church attendance would go up the stock market would go down and I believe after over 700 college lectures that there would be a real push amongst the younger generation for a new view of ourselves instead of as Americans , Canadians, Greeks , Peruvians whatever as Earthlings , Er everybody in power wants to stay in power ya know who speaks for the planet ,

the fourth reason is people say look Stan if they;re coming here and we're not going there it means they're more advanced than we are right ? , well soon there'll be new methods of energy production there goes the oil business , ground and air transport there goes the car and plane business but that's the price of progress ,

the fifth reason between 1951 and 56 there were 200 fatal military aircraft crashes in the US , five of the pilots were pilots who had over 100 missions in Korea where the Russians with the Migs were trying to shoot them down so they had to be pretty decent pilots , they come back to the US no Migs and they fatally crash and the families were not told anything , ya know sorry err crashed in the water no bodies recovered sorry bout that .
I am not in favour of putting everything out on the table because I worked under security for 14 years and there is a classified aspect here ....break

JLC ; Do you think that there are groups of aliens that work with our government top secret ?

SF ; Well frankly I don't know because if it is going on it is top secret and nobody's telling me I don't have a clearance or a need to know and you know there's been all kind of stories about area 51 and other places a lot of it's mythology frankly , what I;d like to see would be and announcement that said look we've got evidence the planets being visited it has all kinds of implications we're going to have a number of international conferences in which these subjects will be discussed , something we tend to forget the military budget on this planet this year will be aprox 1 trillion $ and thousands of children die every single day of preventable disease or starvation , from an alien viewpoint we're a primitive society who's major activity is tribal warfare .

JLC ; So why are you against the SETI program ?

SF ; SETI supposed to stand for the search for extra terrestrial intelligence unfortunately I think a better identification of what the letters stand for is silly effort to investigate , it's not based on science it's based on wishful thinking , I mean lets face it the first long distance radio signal on planet Earth was transmits in 1901 , if aliens are stuck at that level of technology that's ridicules , one of the big astronomers Dr Tyson says the proof the government cant keep secrets is how much we know about president Clintons genitalia ... yaeh hahah , totally irrelevant of course , Dr Jill (?) said there might be somebody as close as a thousand light years and when we make contact they'll help us solve our problems ... hey out there we need some help , you get an answer back takes a thousand years to go out takes another two thousand years what can we do for you guys ... it makes no sense.
Four basic rules for the debunkers
1 Don't bother me with the facts
2 What the public doesn't know I'm not going to tell them
3 If you cant attack the data , attack the people
4 Do your research by proclamation .
End

Yeah I'm bored ....lol

edit on 6-2-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Awesome job

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

As alien vids go, this one isn't bad, with the graphics better than the interview (he speculates, knows nothing aside from his speculation). Would be nice, if they are real, to just hold a press conference at the U.N. building and introduce the buggers.

Has anyone not seen the movie "Paul" ? Great flick if you haven't watched it.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

WOAH Great work!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ok - I dusted off the old clerical skills and here ya go...
Cool that you got to talk to Stanton Friedman - I know the technical problems are a pain to deal with!! There were a couple of words I couldn't get, but the conversation is 99.9% here...

Also, the sixth reason for the cover up? Does anyone know?? Thanks! (This is stuff he talks about a bunch - I'm sure someone here knows...I know I've heard it before...)

(And: reply to post by Alundra

)

peace,
AB

Stanton Friedman on Don’t Tread on Me Media
TRANSCRIPTION

Josh: So why does it seem that other countries are at least willing to hint at the existence of aliens and our country just does not?

SF: Well… No country has really given out ALL they have… I’ll give you six reasons for the cover up for everybody:

(1.) First you want to figure out how the darn things work. They make wonderful weapons delivery and defense systems – we spent an awful lot of money on that. Stealth aircraft cost 10 billion dollars, you know, to develop, and we have records. So, Rule Number One for security is that you can’t tell your friends without telling your enemies. They read the newspapers, (and) listen to the radio as well.

Josh: Right.

SF: And so that’s the first thing.

(2.) The second problem is the other side of the same coin: What if somebody else figures out how they work before we do? How do you defend against them? You don’t want them to know we know they know. Weapon, counter weapon, counter-counter weapon, you know we’ve been playing this game for a long time.

Josh: Right.

SF: Bigger, bigger stronger shields, you know.

(3.) The third problem is suppose there was an announcement tomorrow, by two highly trusted individuals - my favorite odd couple, if you will, is the Queen and the Pope – what if they came out with an announcement saying ‘We have it on good authority that our planet’s being visited by Extra Terrestrial space craft, and they are neutral.” What would happen? Well church attendance would go up, mental hospital admissions would go up, the stock market would go down, and I believe, after over 700 college lectures, that it would be a real push amongst the younger generation for a new view of ourselves, instead of as Americans, Canadians, Greeks, Peruvians, whatever, as Earthlings. Everybody in power wants to stay in power. You know, who speaks for the planet?

(4.) The fourth reason is people say, “Look, Stan, if they are coming here and we’re not going there, that means they’re more advanced than we are, right?” and I say “Yes…” “Well, soon there’ll be new methods of energy production. There goes the oil business. Ground and air transport – there goes the car and plane business…” But that’s the price of progress.

(5.) The fifth reason, between 1951 and 56, there were 200 fatal military aircraft crashes in the United States. Five of the pilots were pilots who had over a hundred missions in Korea, where the Russians – the MiGs – were trying to shoot them down, so they had to be pretty decent pilots. They come back to the United States – no MiGs – and they fatally crash. The families were not told anything, you know, “Sorry, they crashed in the water, no bodies recovered…Sorry about that!” I am not in favor of putting everything out on the table…as a (?) I worked under security for 14 years, and there is a classified aspect here…

Josh: Stanton, if I can stop you there for a second, can we just switch to a phone call conversation for a second because someone keeps on jamming our signal, our internet signal, and you keep on getting cut out – I can’t hear you very well…I just look like an idiot!

--- (no sixth thing) ---

Josh: Do you think that there are groups of aliens that work with our government, Top Secret?

SF: Well, frankly, I don’t know, because if it is going on it is Top Secret, and nobody’s telling me. I don’t have a clearance or a need-to-know.

Josh: Yeah…

SF: And, you know, there’ve been all kinds of stories about Area 51 and other places, and a lot of it’s mythology, frankly. What I would like to see, would be an announcement that says, “Look, we’ve got evidence – the planet’s being visited – it has all kinds of implications, we’re going to have a number of International Conferences, at which these subjects will be discussed.” Something we tend to forget, the military budget on this planet, this year, will be approximately a trillion dollars. And thousands of children die every single day of preventable diseases and starvation.

SF: From an alien viewpoint, we’re a primitive society, whose major activity is tribal warfares.

Josh: So, why are you against the SETI program?

SF: SETI – S – E – T – I, supposed to stand for “Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence.” Unfortunately, I think a better identification for what the letters stand for is “Silly Effort to Investigate.” S-E-T-I. It’s not based on science, it’s based on wishful thinking. I mean, lets face it, the first long distance radio signal on planet Earth was transmitted in 1901, and aliens are stuck at that level of technology? That’s ridiculous!

SF: One of the big Astronomers, Dr. Tyson from Hayden, says “The proof that the Government can’t keep secrets is how much we know about President Clinton’s genitalia.” You know, ha ha ha. Totally irrelevant, of course. Dr. (??) said “There might be somebody as close as a thousand light years, and when we make contact, they’ll help us solve our problems.”

“Hey out there, we need some help!” You get an answer back, it takes a thousand years to go [out] another thousand to come back – 2000 years – “What can we do for you, guys?”

I mean, it makes no sense.

FOUR BASIC RULES FOR THE DEBUNKERS

1. Don’t bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.
2. What the public doesn’t know, I’m not going to tell them.
3. If you can’t attack the data, attack the people – its easier and nobody will know the difference. And…
4. Do your research by proclamation. Investigation is too much trouble anyway.

Josh: So that was that, TV – my mind is blown! I’m really stoked we got to talk to Stanton Friedman, a crazy crazy smart person… [to end…]

edit on 6-2-2014 by AboveBoard because: adding stuff...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So what is DTOM?

2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join