It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

And yes, there was much merriment and mischief last night! I continued the rum kick that I am currently on, in the company of some very long standing acquaintances of mine, variously in the pub, and indeed at their home addresses. It was good to see them, because it has been some weeks since the lot of us have communed together in such pleasant pursuits,as those partaken of yesternight.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I get the bureau in the shed!! Yay!!
Yes, Moroccan boho...it will go nicely with my pallet on the floor and itchy wool blanket.

True...you write about the weather, in such a lovely way....though 'scouring the retina' does sound a tad severe...all I can say is " 'bout freaking time the sunshine did appear!"

jacy

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

OMG you need to take pics and vids and post them on the UFO forum. If it's surrounded by that mysterious blue phenomenon between the clouds it may even go viral.

We had that strange yellow thing over here in Wales back in '97 but I wasn't quick enough to snap it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

angelchemuel

You're half asleep! Forgot to look in the fruit bowl didn't you? I got some this morning on my way to drop Wilma off at the garage to get her 'holes' fixed.

Rainbows
Jane

When you drop her off at the garage.... do you say to the mechanic...

"Willma Mondeo be ok"?

I have heard of a Dog called Pat and a Donkey called Otie, but that's my first Wilma car!

PS - Weather here is P*sh Wet, miserable, grey, freezin cold, windy and horrible. Reminds me of summer.

edit on 17-2-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I had to mention the weather.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I've taken a picture of THE shed....once I get off my coal powered, steam driven lappy on to my sons nuclear powered, turbo charged one I will have a go at seeing if I can get it on here, it will be good practice!

In the meantime, and if you fancy it....have a look at these colours and pick out a few of your fav's in moroccan boho scheme.....at the moment I'm going with Barcelona orange, Florence and I can't decide between Versailles and Paloma as a 'base colour'.
If the shed works on here, I'll get a picture of the bureau up too.....think 'it's' definitely female with the right paint job with a touch of 'tomboy'!

www.anniesloan.com...

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 17-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: forgot the linky! doh!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I vote for "BANANA YELLOW"!!!

Damn - it's not in the list...
edit on 17-2-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I had to add a note

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I love the Barcelona Orange and Florence together! Definitely approve of your colour scheme!

Gordi....I know! Banana yellow...what's not to love?

Tsu...argh! Pics or it didn't happen, lol. (The sun is SO bright right now, need a welding mask to look at it!)

jacy

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

You're right...it needs yellow....my fav colour anyhow!.....
Hmmmmmm...*remembers Crown silk paints work without sanding first.....goes off hunting!*

Rainbows
Jane

PS English Yellow base with 'highlighted' bits in Barcelona Orange, Florence and Antibes Green?.....nope forget the Antibes...one brush stroke too far!
edit on 17-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Right jacy - what about this one?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Neat!....go Jacy!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That sounds like so much fun!

I remember when I got fed up with my old white wardrobe my mother took it all apart and covered it with a net curtain and spray painted it so it left the pattern. It was so cool! I used to absolutely love it.

You will have to put pics up when you are done. Do you have a thread for that sort of thing?

Sorry my replies are all back to front today, I don't know my glutious maximus from my elbow.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Well as front to back are posts my sometimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Wow!....now there's a cracking idea with the right sort of net curtain or even a part of one!....Takes shabby chic to a whole new level!
No I haven't done an up-cycling thread. Firstly because it's trial and error to get pics on here. Having said that, I am going to practice with the shed pic later this afternoon.
I do have before and after pics of furniture I retro'd just before christmas. So I had a whole new living room for the holidays for basically next to nothing!
Wouldn't know where to put an 'up-cycle' thread on here anyhow.
. Maybe the Survival forum....Furniture Survival lol!.....they could do with a smile the doom and gloomers!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hey! That's so cool!

I just "up-cycled" some unused kitchen drawer door fronts myself...
Turned them into...

A homemade cajon drum with adjustable snare!!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Haha....first picture I guessed some sort of speaker box....until I scrolled to the second piccy!

Woohoo...boys off to work...I am about to upgrade to nuclear and turbo charged....hang on to your hats folks...brb!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
@Gordi, should it worry me that I understood what you were saying first time I read it?

@ Jane, I was thinking survival. It's a skill we all could do with if the SHTF. It should make a nice change from all the 'Which Gun Best Kills a Looter' threads. I think it's a great idea!

I have a survival thread planned but I will have to wait until it snows.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

You minx....up to mischief if that devil face is anything to go buy! Lol!

Right, I have up-graded my lappy...now to experiment with posting a pic of the shed on here!

Rainbows
Jane

PS....here we go.....The Shed!

Looks sad in this weather but hey ho....

Now what to do with starting an up-cycling thread!

In the meantime....here's the bureau with it's 'inards' taken out...poor thing!

edit on 17-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This poem is to the person who sent me the secret Valentine.
I wanted to write a response in rhyme, but couldn't come up with anything I liked, lol.

Was just listening to Eminem (Lose Yourself)....and liked the rhyming rap-thing he does.
I'm not entering it in the contest, because it's likely pretty crappy, artistically speaking, hehe...

Anyway, here goes.
To My Secret Valentine:

It's alarming,
how very charming
I thought your message was...to me...
No denying,
I started crying,
when you mentioned what could be

Feeling strangled,
my heart's been mangled
I've been down on my knees...
Open handed
your verse demanded
that I stand up and see

Second chances
and romances
Are like fish in the sea...
Thanks for saying
and par-laying
inspiration to me

Your kind gesture
caused conjecture
on affairs of the heart...
I will be proud
say it out loud
Yes, I need a new start.

jacy

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Oops! Sorry, I missed a few replies. Was doing laundry and playing with words in Notepad, lol.

Gordi...I love the avatars that you made for me, but some people here have told me that they like my current one. Other people complain that the animated avatars are annoying.
(such a conundrum, lol)

Jane...The bureau is beautiful. I love the ideas that you have for it.
However, did you have to show the SHED? I mean, c'mon...it's my home now. Sheesh, a little privacy please!

Tsu...we're really 'bumping' up your sonnet, lol!

jacy

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Tis OK....location is a secret....and you know I can keep them! lol!
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join