It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

What's on your mind there Gordi?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Man did I need you the other week.

I did a sample for a client and had to take the locking mechanism apart.

It was a complicated lock and luckily for me the sample had to look good, not actually work.

I've got some spare bits if you want them

Cody

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Cody, you big suck-up! Living in the big house now, huh?

Only as long as Jane doesn't dust under her bed

*cough cough*

Judging by what I can see, I'm safe for a while

Cody

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well, we have a huge box of mixed parts for all sorts of locks. I have had hours of fun sorting them all, to find the next day that my colleague has re-mixed them, in search of some random bit of kit. He's about as organised as a tornado full of active grenades! I would keep em if I were you. You never know when a part might come in really handy!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The guys that work with me are chalk and cheese

Campy and Lovie in life, Lovie is a a major conspiracy theorist and David Icke is his god, we have some strange conversations. He as pedantic as it is possible to be, and an amazing furniture maker, Campy is just a blur, all tools everywhere and mess.

You could film a soap opera about it

Cody

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ha....I have a couple of old pieces (like this bureau and an old 1900 pipe cabinet...my grandaddy's) that don't have keys or the key but no lock.......

So....we have the team's official locksmith/picker!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WARNING! Bike related post!!

Here's the Before and After Shots of my wee KE...

This will be the CHiPs bike (eventually!)

and here's the TS Suzy - with her old tank during repainting/laquering

Made those decals myself Cody!!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
HEY True....
Tell us a story pal?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You won't be safe when she see you say that, you'll be sleeping in the recycling box I bet! Bagsy me under the bed. Ha!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

After market cabinet locks are so readily available, and I am sure that if you are used to restoring, or up cycling old furniture, that you could fit one with your eyes shut. When you have a key but no lock, measure the gap that is left by the absent lock.

Nip down to your local locksmiths, and give them the measurements, or take a few photographs in to them. A decent smith will be able to figure out which size you need. You will end up with a new key as well as a new lock, but they are neither complicated, nor expensive, although obviously, the rarer the furniture, the higher the chance of its having uniquely designed locks, but that would be VERY rare.

Since locks for furniture are so damned cheap, compared with locks for perimeter security, or vehicles for instance, it is usually worth while to just replace the lock in either situation. It gets the whole business resolved quickest, and is the cheapest way of doing things. Getting a locksmith to make a key for an old lock, without a key to work from, can be very costly indeed, since many smiths will charge for what they call "bench time". The reason it is so called, is that it is time at the workbench, and a smiths time is often seen as money, pure and simple.

I like doing that kind of work, but my mother will not allow me to under value my work, which means that it comes with a cost which many would refuse to pay, given the cheaper, and quicker options I have already outlined.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Decided to stop freaking jane out with my weird "naughty" avatar!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hehe....really! Best of luck with that....it's a drawer divan!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Heh! That's awesome!

A story eh? Once upon a time, in a land of great beauty and natural splendour, there lived a mighty dragon. It used to eat politicians, so no one was ever sacrificed to it, because that is the sort of hugging that only politicians would do, and eventually people stopped desiring power over one another, first out of fear of winged death, breathing fire, but later because the very idea died with the last of the politicians. And therein did all the troubles in the land end, completely.

Everyone had scones and tea, and candy floss for desert, every night, for ever.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Just noticed and was about to reply....your new one is so much more....shall we say sooooothing! Thank you!
(x)
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Thanks True....that's really helpful info...(x)
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer
WARNING! Bike related post!!

Here's the Before and After Shots of my wee KE...

This will be the CHiPs bike (eventually!)

and here's the TS Suzy - with her old tank during repainting/laquering

Made those decals myself Cody!!

Holy Capital F

Crossing my legs in deference to the ladies modesty

Cody

edit on 17/2/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Bit early for a bedtime story innit?

You know...this thread is really taking on a life of its own.....it's lovely.
Morning hello's, elevenses, quick bites and nibbles for lunch, sedate afternoon tea, dinners, suppers and goodnights....and now with bedtime stories.

All interspersed with poetry and writings, skills and crafts, help and advice.....it's all so good I want to hug you all!
Heart felt thank you's for making the Rainbow Room what it is......

Now, enough of this sentimentality....who's birthday is it next....or shall we just celebrate St David's day?....There's nowt on callendar for this week end...and this just wont do!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Heh! That's awesome!

A story eh? Once upon a time, in a land of great beauty and natural splendour, there lived a mighty dragon. It used to eat politicians, so no one was ever sacrificed to it, because that is the sort of hugging that only politicians would do, and eventually people stopped desiring power over one another, first out of fear of winged death, breathing fire, but later because the very idea died with the last of the politicians. And therein did all the troubles in the land end, completely.

Everyone had scones and tea, and candy floss for desert, every night, for ever.

I only said tell us a story because that's what it looks like your doing in the moving gif avatar type thingy I did for you!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

angelchemuel

Just noticed and was about to reply....your new one is so much more....shall we say sooooothing! Thank you!
(x)
Rainbows
Jane

Yeah - The SOUND is DOWN!!!! LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Well it's my birthday on the twentieth next month. I will be out doing what I do during the evening that day however, although I fully intend to poke my head in to ATS at some point during the day. I pretty much always do!

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join