It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You just wait until mama gets hold of them tomorrow....there'll be no milk and biscuits....naughty children!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I do remember your funkadelic furniture item!

Hows that going?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Barely anyone even bothered saying good bye

See, thats just rude! Its even more rude that getting propositioned in a public lavatory, which, let me tell you, is bloody rude!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I have this vision of you passed out in an office chair next to a nearly empty bottle of rum, then suddenly springing to life again to post on ATS before falling back out.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well, it certainly wasn't 'as advertised' shall we say. Turned out the guy had taken the photots before winter. Stored it in a garage that didn't appear to have a door on it, waaaaay back behind two cars and burried under a front door and the likes. So by know it's started getting some of that easily washable off mould on it. The drop down leaf was missing its hinges (which I knew about) and as the hinges were missing, the brass strut/mechanism had also been disconected from the wooden slidey out bits that support the drop down front.

Anyways, it is repairable and up-cyclable. He took me off to another lock up he has and we found a matching pair of brass hinges that are a perfect fit for the drop front. He also reduced my winning bid price....so that was all good.

I just need to look at it when it's all cleaned up tomorrow and her 'swellings' have gone down and wait for her to 'talk to me' as to which colour way she would like.
I really want to do something quite different, if not radical and adventurous with this one!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nope, Im sat on my sofa, with my laptop on the coffee table before me, and drink like objects somewhere off to the right. Although since things have calmed down, and the party appears to have dwindled to small numbers, I am now supping tea rather than rum. I will probably drink the remains of the bottle I have tomorrow night, when I fully intend to visit some local friends of mine, and abuse their open offer of a place to drink booze, and variously get hammered. Weekends man... you have to love them!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I think it is grand that you actually allow the item to speak to you before coating it. Some people buy things with a rigid idea of what they want from them, and good effects can be gained that way, but it is so much more organic and authentic to allow an item to suggest its final form to you, rather than dictate all over it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think so too...that way a piece finds its own voice and doesn't just speak but hopefully sings too!

(see what I did there...trying to keep the party spirit going! Lol!)

rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey I hope I'm not late. Is there any food left?

I could totally chow down.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

Haha...me 'n' True are in the kitchen, we've just made a brew. You.ve just missed BFFT....he was here a minute ago...pull up a chair and get eating....Cody left his bacon cheddars behind when he disappeared!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, ya'll, its still early here. Just popping in to see how the party is going...

(looks around at all the empty bottles and demolished cheese boards...the water on the floor from the hot tub...)

Well...I can see I missed the best of it!

Happy Almost Not Valentines Day!

- AB

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

A* for effort on that count ! I just do not know where everyone went all of a sudden! I mean, ok, Gordi needed sleep, AND was out of booze, so he is accounted for. Tsu 322 left early to get her cousin hooked up with some person or other, so we know where they went. Now, I have to assume, that some of our number got whisked away to bed (the lucky bastards), but that does not account for the confirmed singletons in the place that have just VANISHED into thin air.

It is still early in the states really, so the US contingent ought to still be about , unless of course they are all working, but there again, you would have thought that a heads up would be nice...

I sure hope some of our number here in the UK have not been consumed by the teeth of mother nature tonight. That would be crap, but would explain some of the vanishing I suppose. Perhaps there has been comms outage in places? Perhaps there have been communications blackouts stateside as well. I wonder if BFFT would be able to comment on the state of power and comms in general in the United States?

Tell us, Oh glorious ape child! What state are the power and communications networks in, on the continent across the sea?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Missed the best of it? Perhaps. I WAS wearing a suit earlier. It got too warm.

:O

Hows your day been?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What was that movie tht came out today, 'Endless Love' or something like that. Everyone went to see that instead Brit

edit on 1422014 by ChefSlug because: sarcasm failure

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have actually never heard of this movie.

Is there any chance what so ever, that this is one of those terrifying, shot in the pits of hell productions with the sappy stories, no explosions, no face punching or anything?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Some sapy film about two teenager lovers romeo and juliet style or something like thst. Has a good movie ever came out on Valentine's Day?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Morning all
Looks like I've missed a lot but that is what I was expecting to happen. Just a quick drive by drop in. Hope you are having a good time, today has been every bit as fraught as I expected and then some. Trees have fallen onto structures that contain sensitive, expensive, dangerous, and very easily damaged assets. Overseeing, Co-ordinating, and monitoring the response has kept me fully occupied since Four P.M and I am looking forward to Two A.M. when I am hoping to be relieved for a few hours.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Take it this is a remake of this original in 1981?

Rainbows
jane

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i don't even know if it's called endless love

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Die Hard?

I think one or two of them came out on Valentines Day. I am terrible with that sort of thing!

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join