It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Oh hotel....one of the unsung heroes...*goes off to replenish hotel's thermos with mor coffee*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Dude... my sincerest sympathies!

Hope your relief gets in on time!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I for one would like to say "Happy Valentines Day" to all of you that have a Valentine, and to all of us that don't may this night be conquered in the manner of our fashion.

Jacygirl, you are most welcome - apparently, the internet wouldn't allow me to send virtual candles, as they might start a fire in transit.

To inspire everyone, here's a bit of epic motivation music. I dare you to listen to this music as you are reading some of the lovely poems.

NOTE: I do not own this video, but it was so epic that I had to post it.

-fossilera

PS: Let them rant about this thread, and say "bah humbug"; it doesn't matter what they think, as this thread has made my day and night. I vote for these types of threads more often, as it brings a break from the daily grind. Plus, I bet their thread doesn't have this epic music in it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks friends

Spare a thought for all those in peril at sea, on land, and in the air right now and to all those who are trying to help.

Can I get a hell yeah.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

You can have several hell yeahs!

HELL YEAH!

HELL YEAH!!

HELL YEAH!!!

May all who strive,
Remain alive,
And all who assist be saved.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

heheheheheh!!!!

Inappropriate music is awesome! Mind you, I cannot complain. I posted a Vomitory video earlier. Death metal is not really right for a valentines thread !

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 14-2-2014 by TrueBrit because: Double ...post... as I said above!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I've been a bit lonesome. My man has gone to a whole other country to be an awesome musician, so I'm biding my time until Sunday Night, or rather Monday, but, I really don't have anything to complain about. The night is just starting here. Can't believe you are still awake, TrueBrit!

Ok. Since I'm in a mood,
, here is a song he's sung for me many times on stage. He's not famous. Just one of those amazing, hard working musicians who manage to make a living at it.

It makes me feel better, anyway...

edit on 14-2-2014 by AboveBoard because: spelling...really

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

AboveBoard

I've been a bit lonesome. My man has gone to a whole other country to be an awesome musician, so I'm biding my time until Sunday Night, or rather Monday, but, I really don't have anything to complain about. The night is just starting here.

Well damn.. That's a crying shame! Mind you, at least he's your guy, you know? That is more than a lot of folk got this year. We just got rain around here!
sorry you are down though!

Can't believe you are still awake, TrueBrit!

Yup, still awake for now... I have been drinking rum, so I'm trying to let that settle before I go to sleep, otherwise I will wake up in some mad toxicological nightmare situation or other!

Ok. Since I'm in a mood,
, here is a song he's sung for me many times on stage. He's not famous. Just one of those amazing, hard working musicians who manage to make a living at it.

It makes me feel better, anyway...

edit on 14-2-2014 by AboveBoard because: spelling...really

Good tune! But out of respect for peeps here at my place, who are all asleep, I am going to avoid listening to it! The rain and wind are loud enough!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Previous post was truncated...

I am often up late, but since others in my home are attempting to sleep, and the fact that I have no access to earphones at the moment, I am going to refrain from listening to the no doubt wonderful tune you have posted the video for....

God... I am kind of drunk though! Rum... Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
well, i fed the goats (an expression the wife uses when texting with me while i am working late and she is covering the household dinner shift).

Dessert is waiting being served. I am going to work on a little art project for work, since it is the most fun thing I can do on my laptop that I have upstairs, and wait for the wife to wake up.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Good for you! Productive apes are the best sort ! Hope you achieve something which pleases you! In other news, the wind around these parts is making my roof make little noises every now and again...

*reaches out of window, shakes fist at sky... Gets damp arm*

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

man, it was partly cloudy and around 75 (F) here today. A gorgeous day.

Now I am hearing a 1950's era siren outside....wonder what going on? Guess its time to go get coffee and check it out.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Jesus dude... That's sounding pretty bloody ominous! Let us know when you figure out what it is ! We will only worry otherwise!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yeah, like I said, I don't really have anything to complain about. I'm just missing him, and because its international, I can't text or call him. But that is just temporary. I'm actually quite lucky, when it comes down to it! Gratitude is a good place to live.

The song I posted is an epic one from the 1970's by Van Morrison. You may not even know it since your musical taste is more, shall we say, metallic?
I'm always quite flattered when he sings it

Snow is what we have here, and rain through the weekend...or a Giant Slushie if you will... always fun!
I'm stone cold sober, but every party needs a designated driver, no?

Thanks Brit - good to talk with you.

- AB

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

LOL, in the country a couple of sirens could mean a drunk on a tractor, or a cow in the road...or someone drunk flipped a truck. Could be anything. Ill be back in a little bit. I shouldn't have forgotten the wife's coffee earlier at the store. On Valentines, no less!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I have heard an awful lot of Van Morrison, but not enough to know track names. I used to live in this dive of a pub, and they had a duke box with every kind of guitar music you could imagine... I miss that place. They had some on the duke box, and some of the patrons were big fans. I appreciate anything that's good, like Eric Clapton, and even the music of Hank Marvin!

But you are right... I am a metal head! It's been smashing to talk AboveBoard, but there again, it is always a total pleasure. I hope you feel a bit cheerier soon!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Indeed, always a pleasure! How cool is it to talk to people around the world on a stormy night?
'Tis warming to the soul. And cheering.

I hope you have a good rest of the night. Yes, a very Good Night to you, sir, and to all the V-Day revelers here.
May next Valentine's Day find everyone unable to attend such festivities (for only the best of reasons...)

Thanks!

- AB

ps: its the one that starts off "I can hear her heartbeat from a thousand miles, and the heavens open every time she smiles...etc. she gives me Love Love Love Love Crazy Love....etc.
It sounds a lot better with music and everything...
edit on 14-2-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2014 by AboveBoard because: argh! and I'm even sober!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Right... To all thread participants, and to angelchemuel most of all for setting this whole thread/shindig/hybrid gnarly party up, I love the merry lot of you, some of you passionately, some of you carefully, but all of you massively, and despite that, it is now time for the beast from the south east, to blunder his way back to his pit.

It's been lovely, brilliant, drunken, and disorderly, and thoroughly grand. Probably see you all in another thread like this next year! Till then, I wish everyone the best of luck in their endeavours, be they related to lovin or not!

Farewell!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

It's bloody wonderful to talk all internationally, with ease..l but I am quite drunk, and in need of bed.... Night AB!

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join