It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophilia is OK if you "don't know" it is a crime.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That is the statement british Judge Michael Stokes is sending to the world.

A Muslim who raped a 13 year old girl that he had met on Facebook, has not been sentenced to jail after that judge decided he was not responsible since he had been going to a Koranic school where he had been teached that women were useless.

Adil Rashid, 18, claimed he was not aware that it was illegal for him to have sex with the girl because his education left him ignorant of British law.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Pk

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now I don't like to copy paste just for the fun of reporting. I am posting this because I am really intrigued of what ATS users think of the objectivity of morality. I do believe it is hardwired into us and that some things are just plain evil regardless of the culture, but we had a heated debate over this at lunch and wanted to bring this to the table?
edit on 52014Wednesdaypm228Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:28:00 -0600America/Chicagov28 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 52014Wednesdaypm228Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:30:38 -0600America/Chicagov30 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 52014Wednesdaypm228Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:52:54 -0600America/Chicagov52 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one") is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because he or she was unaware of its content. In the United States, exceptions to this general rule are found in cases such as Lambert v. California (knowledge of city ordinances) and Cheek v. United States (willfulness requirement in U.S. federal tax crimes).

European-law countries with a tradition of Roman law may also use an expression from Aristotle translated into Latin: nemo censetur ignorare legem (nobody is thought to be ignorant of the law) or ignorantia iuris nocet (not knowing the law is harmful).

Quote Source

I will not say much on this issue, except that I believe claiming ignorance of the law is not a valid defense at all.
edit on 5-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Golantrevize

Ignorance is no excuse for not having a moral compass.
If he can't figure out what he did was messed up.....than its clear his religion has not given him any sense of morals.

But to be fair...many courts don't operate on morals,they operate on law.
Lawyers prove that morality has no place in law by their douchey actions.
Its a court of law....not a court of justice.
edit on 5-2-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

But would you not agree that if morals have no place in front of the law, It still is morals that dictate when something bad becomes Illegal. If not why would murder be illegal.
edit on 52014Wednesdaypm228Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:44:33 -0600America/Chicagov44 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I will be using this "ignorance of the law defence" if anyone was to rape one of my kids. A little torture and a slow and painful death, when questioned i will just say that i was ignorant that there was a law i broke when exacting retribution for the offense.

How f#%!?ing ridiculous, must be nice to be a muslim in the UK these days, your government bends over backwards and lets them get away with heinous crimes "because they dont know better". I would say this would not happen in the US, but if i did i would be reading the same headline tomorrow in the Washington post.

If muslims are actually raised like cavemen (which i dont think that they are) then why are countries allowing them in? Let them remain in their own countries to rape and kill each other.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

That is the part that I don't understand. First how the ignorance of the law can be used as a defense but mostly that he is using the Quran as an excuse. Now I have not read the Quran but I highly doubt that such things are written in their Holy book.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Bankers are pedophiles too, on a grand scale.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

And are well aware of their crimes.

edit on 52014Wednesdaypm228Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:55:43 -0600America/Chicagov55 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Now pedophila/rapes by muslims in the UK is going to skyrocket

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

IMHO The law has become so complex that lawyers need a university degree to practise law, and yet still disagree/interpret laws and regulations differently; so the old saying that 'Ignorance of the Law is no defence' has become impractical.

Having said that, if the law is not going to protect women and children from those who rewrite a country's laws to suit themselves, then I suggest that women get together to protect ourselves and our kids - and start teaching these men (the hard way!) that females are human beings.

This was a thirteen year old child! It disgusts me that this man could violate her, and get away with it. May he be violated himself! Legally, or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm with sheepslayer247 on Ignorance of the Law in this case.
Ignorance of the Law is no excuse for this.

The other thing that worries me is this:

Golantrevize

Adil Rashid, 18, claimed he was not aware that it was illegal for him to have sex with the girl because his education left him ignorant of British law.

Where was this education taking place? Was this education IN the UK?

I'd have a serious problem if there were schools in my neighborhood that taught boys it was okay to rape little girls, and would be hard at work ensuring those schools got shut down, damned all to the freedom of religion; human rights take precedence over someone's mythology.

If someone is so beholden to their culture they want to treat people like the Middle Ages, then, they shouldn't live in civilized society where treating people like the middle ages is intolerable.

Whoever this boy is, I'm wagering his family is sending him wherever they came from, wherever these beliefs and practices are supposedly acceptable behavior, because, I'm fairly certain if a few footballer lads caught this boy around anywhere, or any group folk that see this sort of thing as intolerably repugnant and unforgivable, this boy would likely get some middles ages treatment his own.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

hes muslim. he was probably raised in a muslim country. thats what he means

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
18 and 13..... And it was consensual. I don't think its "rape" or "pedophilia" because when I was 13 i had sex with older woman, They talked for 2 months, got to know each other, found each other compatible and had sex, and your telling me that if he was 17 it would be OK? If she was 10 I would say Hang him.... But she knew what she was doing, I doubt it was her first time.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You don't need God, a mullah or a law to tell you that the screaming crying begging child your raping isn't consenting. You don't need morality or police to tell you when her pelvis snaps or she starts to hemorrhage, that what your doing is wrong.

enough excuses.

Ro

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

3u40r15m
18 and 13..... And it was consensual. I don't think its "rape" or "pedophilia" because when I was 13 i had sex with older woman, They talked for 2 months, got to know each other, found each other compatible and had sex, and your telling me that if he was 17 it would be OK? If she was 10 I would say Hang him.... But she knew what she was doing, I doubt it was her first time.
18 and 13, yeah im sure its illegal regardless of what you think. 17 and 13, just because its not illegal doesn't make it any less wrong

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Golantrevize
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

And are well aware of their crimes.

edit on 52014Wednesdaypm228Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:55:43 -0600America/Chicagov55 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)
. DAMN STRAIGHT!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I bet were somone to rape his sister he would be squealing his little muslim mouth for the individual to be punished by the law.

In truth this is part of the desert religions teachings. It starts with the Talmud where a Jew can have sex with a goy baby etc. I can't think of any Christian texts where permission is given but then it goes onto the Islamic teachings. The whole teaching for these so-called religious men is unbelievable. But its usually kept quiet as it is so disgusting.

I think people should be made aware of our laws when they come here, especially where we know their cultural beliefs are very different to ours.

Every man knows rape is wrong regardless from what culture you come from. If you don't you're not safe in society.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3u40r15m

I wondered if you were putting the blame on the younger child - a girl at 13, especially with your comment about doubting it was her first time?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
An Asian, therefore a ''protected category', therefore...zip.

Not quite the same for li'l old white boys like me who can expect the full brunt of justice.

I refer you all to the current hysteria of prosecuting old white men who may or may not have had sex with a minor 30, 40, 50 years ago...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

And this is the kind of filth mass immigration brings.

The Oxford sex ring and the preachers who teach young Muslim men that white girls are cheap

'As so often in fearful, politically correct modern Britain, there is a craven unwillingness to face up to the reality that their actions are tied up with religion and race'

We are told that child sex abuse happens ‘in all communities’, that white men are really far more likely to be abusers, as has been shown by the fall-out from the Jimmy Savile case.

One particularly misguided commentary argued that the predators’ religion was an irrelevance, for what really mattered was that most of them worked in the night-time economy as taxi drivers, just as in the Rochdale child sex scandal many of the abusers worked in kebab houses, so they had far more opportunities to target vulnerable girls. 'As so often in fearful, politically correct modern Britain, there is a craven unwillingness to face up to the reality that their actions are tied up with religion and race' But all this is deluded nonsense. While it is, of course, true that abuse happens in all communities, no amount of obfuscation can hide the pattern that has been exposed in a series of recent chilling scandals, from Rochdale to Oxford, and Telford to Derby.

In all these incidents, the abusers were Muslim men, and their targets were under-age white girls. Moreover, reputable studies show that around 26 per cent of those involved in grooming and exploitation rings are Muslims, which is around five times higher than the proportion of Muslims in the adult male population. To pretend that this is not an issue for the Islamic community is to fall into a state of ideological denial. But then part of the reason this scandal happened at all is precisely because of such politically correct thinking.

All the agencies of the state, including the police, the social services and the care system, seemed eager to ignore the sickening exploitation that was happening before their eyes.

Source

It's the same way in Norway and Sweden. More and more Muslims have been caught grooming children for sex.

A 12 year old girl from Namsos, Norway was gang raped twice by four Muslim immigrants aged 15 to 18. All four perpetrator confessed, and argued that the twelve year old victim consented. The victim was gang raped on an elementary school playground.

The men were convicted of aggravated rape, but prosecutor Kaja Strandjord only asked the court for community service for the perpetrators. The four monsters were collectively ordered to pay a fine. Three of the perps were also given community service.

One of the perpetrators was also convicted of raping another thirteen year old victim. He was only ordered to pay a fine for that rape. The lawyer for the victim argued that the perps will likely be repeat offenders.

I remember that story hitting the news here. There was also another fourteen year old girl who was gang raped by several Muslim men who eventually committed suicide as she couldn't live with what happened.

This is the reality of mass immigration. It's not politically correct, but the truth typically isn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join