It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How women's wisdom was lost

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Female deities were worshiped equally with male gods in Egypt til Hebrew & monotheism came through with their male gods. Isis & maat were held above most gods & goddesses. (Nut too because she's the sky goddess. Sorry, had to make that joke.
) But in many ancient cultures women were revered because they gave birth to kids. It actually makes sense name ONE guy who's given birth. Exactly.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by catiepiller

It actually makes sense name ONE guy who's given birth.

Danzig Gives Birth To Identical Twin Girls

Sorry had to. It's just such a ridiculous/funny article I can't believe it wasn't from The Onion.

edit on 2/15/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Form an orderly queue, scientists.

Danzig is not a stranger to bizarre birth stories. He was, in fact, born in a laboratory in Lodi, New Jersey in 1955. Dr. Helmut Neumann, a German scientist who immigrated to the US after World War 2, created Danzig by mixing the DNA of blues singer Robert Johnson, Russian mystic Rasputin and an Alaskan Grey Wolf. The result was a human who carried a nearly godlike voice, the ability to make women fall in love with him by simply breathing and the power to control the minds of feral animals. Some Danzig fans have claimed that his sweat is capable of curing lupus if ingested once a week for two consecutive months, but this has yet to be independently verified by scientists.

Oh, Glenn, I always knew there was more to you than just 'Twist of Cain'!
You've made my day infinitely brighter, Chamberf=6

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I don't think many give this line of thinking much consideration, but it needs more.

There was a time in history that the nature of childbirth was a mystery. Men and women had sex for physical gratification... but sometimes a woman would become pregnant. Inside of her a child would start to grow.... and a child would be born. A mystery to all, that through women the propagation of the species occurred. Magic. Women were the creators.

Then men grew to understand they were necessary.... that childbirth did not happen but for their part in the physical. Amazing. Magic. And men became creators.

What we need now to realize, and something we have yet to acknowledge... is that both are necessary. Both. That we two, male AND female, are together one. And Magic... we will finally understand the art of balance. This is yet future, but someday... someday

Magic. Balance at last.

Both the male and the female have qualities unique only to them, and through the both when together is found the perfect balance. Equity, not equality. A Celebration of all qualities... together.

Feminism hates this, male dominance hates this.... but God is ALL things, both male and female... together in perfect harmony.

Oneness.

edit on 16-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Ish, you are one of the most prodigious readers I know. Have you every studied the esoteric arts? "The Mysteries"? The underlying meaning behind all religious manuscripts, excepting maybe Islam (i haven't studied up on that aspect yet) contain the same hidden meanings and concepts.

itll likely help to start with Masonism and move to Rosicrucianism. I started with Manly Hall's work that i was referenced to by our old friend on the AR forum. It is a very broad overview.

Read my above post. Islam.

It's difficult for people to let go of cultural ideals, and embrace an entirely new concept.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

One of my favourite tarot decks uses the image of a woman giving birth to illustrate the first card - the Magician. For me this has always symbolised the magic you describe far better than the traditional illustration on the Rider Waite deck, of a man surrounded by the tools of his trade.
It feels much closer to the original meaning, I believe.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

And what shows the balance?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

OK, I hear you, that might be a feminist interpretation, and you're right, there is no man in the picture. I suppose it's a given that both sexes were involved in the creation of the child, to us.
Sometimes it is easier to take 'sides' than to walk the delicate line of true 'balance' (guilty!)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

beansidhe

OK, I hear you, that might be a feminist interpretation, and you're right, there is no man in the picture. I suppose it's a given that both sexes were involved in the creation of the child, to us.
Sometimes it is easier to take 'sides' than to walk the delicate line of true 'balance' (guilty!)

I think as human-kind we are all guilty of this.

As I said to BFFT: "It's difficult for people to let go of cultural ideals, and embrace an entirely new concept."

I pray someday we find a way to overcome our "selves" and walk in the balance. Celebrate the good of both as both are necessary and beautiful in their own right.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Two halves of a whole:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

That is cool. BTW... until you, I knew nothing of tarot cards. Very nice illustrations. Depicts a lot.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
NVM
edit on 17-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join