It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden exposing the NSA from Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ROFL

Clapper didn't lie. He spoke in an extremely narrow band ... and what he said didn't satisfy you. Life's hard like that. What Clapper didn't do was violate his secrecy oath. The folks asking the questions presented a sword for him to fall on and he declined. Not many of us (here) would do so willingly.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Agit8dChop

There IS a truth here, brother. Snowden's mind doesn't work like normal people's. I spent 17 years of my life weeding people like him out. He's a traitor to his country AND YOU. He has betrayed YOU to foreign powers.

And here you are ... willingly defending him ... like a sucker.

The ONLY enemy in this country, and of its people is the government. They are the only foe of all the people, the only one targeting the people, the only stealing from the people and the only ones denying the will of the people. Snowden may not be a God OP...but he is definitely some form of savior. The only people that have faith in the government are the zombies to which the government throws scraps.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Snarl

i297.photobucket.com...

Disloyal. He violated his oath. How can you guys believe 'the truth' of anything such a person would say?

What Oath ? The Oath one takes when Integrated into the Federal Goverment System ? An Oath to LIE on Behalf of the Traitors who reside as 5th Columnists within our Democratic Republic , and who Subvert the Very Freedoms our Constitution and Bill of Rights Gaurantee us ? That is Not an Oath , but a Shackle of Serveatude Dude !
edit on 3-2-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

An oath against the people of the United States is an illegal oath. And if he had kept to this oath...THEN he would be a traitor. There is no allegiance to the government, allegiance is to the country and its people. The government may want and demand allegiance and attack when they don't get it...and that is how a tyrant dictatorship acts. Not a legal government OF and FOR the people.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Snarl
ROFL

Clapper didn't lie. He spoke in an extremely narrow band ... and what he said didn't satisfy you. Life's hard like that. What Clapper didn't do was violate his secrecy oath. The folks asking the questions presented a sword for him to fall on and he declined. Not many of us (here) would do so willingly.

The hell he didn't...

Spin doesn't fly when you are talking about the Constitution.

Sounds like someone didn't like the truth being told....Paycheck involved ?

The oath is meaningless...Hundreds should of come forward.

One guy did....Very sad so many willing to sell us out for a paycheck.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The oath is meaningless...Hundreds should of come forward.

Only they didn't. Now what does that tell you by omission?

The handwringing over what the NSA "might" be doing to you is nothing compared to what corporate "is" doing to you. Who is it that you think is really influencing what goes on in AmeriKa?

Look at the crappy choices we get to vote for in politics. Look at Common Core. Look at assignment of value. Look, Look, Look!! Snowden is a product of this system. His 'revelations' missed the target by a mile ... or ... that's what he is threatening to put the crosshairs on.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Only they didn't. Now what does that tell you by omission?

It tells me exactly what my Freedom is worth.

It is worth a paycheck. Nothing more nothing less.

To the cowards who went along and kept their mouth shut.

You dishonored many brave men and women that came before you and paid with their lives.

Enjoy your paycheck...You are far more dangerous than any terrorist....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Keradith

meh...lemme know if he starts talking about ET.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

LOL. That's your response? Drama.

Okay. We're not gonna solve the world's problems on a discussion board, are we?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Snarl

LOL. That's your response? Drama.

Okay. We're not gonna solve the world's problems on a discussion board, are we?

I believe we can...

If we don't stand up now, when?

I think people are pissed enough to vote some of these thieves out.

Maybe I am just the last one left...I still love my Country.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Snarl
Disloyal. He violated his oath. How can you guys believe 'the truth' of anything such a person would say?

That's the same as saying "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear".

There is only one place all this monitoring is going - tyranny. Not just in the USA (I'm sick of hearing Americans cry as if it is only an American issue), but in a large part of the developed world, too.
edit on 4-2-2014 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
He's not a god, he's a freaking moron..!!

While I do not believe what he did war traitorous, it was fairly idiotic of him to nearly start a war between two other foreign countries by releasing information that one was spying on the other.

It's nobodies business but those two countries and a US citizen had no right to expose that if it had nothing to do with US interests or any direct impact on the people of the US.

All fine for him sitting in his safe haven, far from the S#@t he may have started between Australia and Indonesia "Which as a non-citizen of either of those countries, he had no right to do"..!!
edit on 5-2-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't get how anyone can assault him lifting the veil on the surveillance industry. What right does anyone have to eavesdrop and catalog everything regular Joe does on the internet, cellphone and whatnot.

What's being done with the collected information? Stored in a database somewhere?

I can see such information being used to smear someone going against their interests? "Oh he may have said this and that but just wait until you learn about his internet interests 20 years ago you won't be paying much attention to him now"

And what right does the NSA have with what anyone foreign conducting on the internet, they don't discriminate.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Thanks for sharing your enlightening point of view.

Behave as you're supposed to all of the time. Refrain from doing or saying anything controversial. Never dissent against the government. After all, who could have a better Big Brother? Can't these people just appreciate what they're allowed to have?

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear from governmental scrutiny of the details of your personal life. So what's all the fuss about surveillance?

Follow these simple principles and you will be secure; you will be allowed pursuit of happiness within reasonable bounds; and you will have as much liberty as you earn through your good behavior. Never forget to carry your papers when venturing away from home. It's just so inconvenient to have to wait at the police station until your spouse, relative, or friend brings your papers for inspection so you can come home. But, then, a little public service in a corporate prison factory will help you remember not to leave home without your permission papers. You might earn a plaque of appreciation for performing your penance at 25 cents an hour to improve some deserving corporation's bottom line and thereby improving the national GDP.

Who can argue with that? Be a good citizen, be quiet, mind your own business, and your life will be trouble free.

[wink wink]

edit on 2/5/2014 by dubiousone because: Content and grammar.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This guy is a criminal . He is not a god. Do we really need to glorify a traitor

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Snarl

The NSA doesn't have enough people to read everything you or I write ... nor would they care to ... nor are they allowed to.

But they are storeing all the Data and can pull it up at any time if the need arises.

You may like a Big brother state with everything you do stored. Most people dont.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

No longer privy to the rules for retention. 25-30 years ago, that was a big no-no. For you guys on foreign soil ... not-so-much so.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Snarl

He spoke in an extremely narrow band ...

May as well be a lie.

Anyway Secrecy oath matters little if what your being told to keep sceret is moraly or legaly wrong. That how tyranny starts.
You have to get your prioritys straight Secrecy or Morality?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

crazyewok
May as well be a lie.

Whatevahs ... I'm telling you what I saw ... not judging the guy.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Its brilliant whats he's doing. I hope many of he's former colleges are going to joint him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join