It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden exposing the NSA from Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

This guy is a God.

He states that his “breaking point” was “seeing Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, directly lie under oath to Congress” denying the existence of a domestic spying programs while under questioning in March of last year. Mr. Snowden goes on to state that, “The public had a right to know about these programs. The public had a right to know that which the government is doing in its name, and that which the government is doing against the public.”

In regards to accusations that he is a traitor or a foreign agent, he states, “ If I am traitor, who did I betray? I gave all my information to the American public, to American journalists who are reporting on American issues. If they see that as treason, I think people really need to consider who they think they’re working for. The public is supposed to be their boss, not their enemy.

This machine is disgusting.

edit on 3-2-2014 by Keradith because: typo

edit on 3-2-2014 by Keradith because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Keradith

No need to ascribe God status to him.

He is just an American who did the right thing, when everyone else was doing the wrong thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

yea hehe he have ballz of steeeel

We must bring back the power to the citizen!

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Prepare for the "he violated his oath" crowd.

His oath.....My Liberty.

Guess which one I give a damn about...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Im really wondering how we will get out of this negative cycle going deeper everyday, we need more heros like this guy. Sometime I feel so hopeless.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Disloyal. He violated his oath. How can you guys believe 'the truth' of anything such a person would say?

What earth shattering revelations has he 'really' made?

You guys really want to find out how rotten and horrible the NSA is? Sign up ... they're hiring ... and the pay is good.

I wanna ask this question of 'this' crowd too: Why has their not been a landslide of people coming forward to corroborate Snowden's allegations of lawlessness?

I think it's this: What you're not seeing is where the truth really lies (I like the way that came out 'truth really lies'). The NSA has no time to spy on YOU. They could care less. If they inadvertently capture one of your calls ... so what?

What you really ought to be worried about is how much information Zuckerberg, Google, Amazon, ad nauseum, has on you and what they're doing with it.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Snarl
Disloyal. He violated his oath. How can you guys believe 'the truth' of anything such a person would say?

He's not trying to convince me with his words. he's providing proof.

I don't care about the man, I care about what he's showing us.

After decades of lies and corruption I thought people would be salivating for someone to shine some light on the truth!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

The point is that we are supposed in a free country with good human rights and with all these things like the NSA and website tracking, we don't have any privacy. I don't think that we came on earth to live with cameras and things like NSA who can even know my credit card number and all my passwords.

Do you ever noticed that they always do it for our SECURITY, they reduce our rights and liberty not for security, they do it because they don't want us to get richer and have more power. They want us to be slaves working 50hours/week to pay taxes and feed their fat ass.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

whyamIhere
Prepare for the "he violated his oath" crowd.

His oath.....My Liberty.

Guess which one I give a damn about...

Agree , his oath was to protect against enemies ,both foreign and domestic ,

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Where does Snowden say those cameras you're worried about are controlled by the NSA?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

There IS a truth here, brother. Snowden's mind doesn't work like normal people's. I spent 17 years of my life weeding people like him out. He's a traitor to his country AND YOU. He has betrayed YOU to foreign powers.

And here you are ... willingly defending him ... like a sucker.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

So when those high-level agents say nothing they are cowards and when they spew out informations they are betraying their oath? Sheesh, we're going to have to make up our mind one day.

Furthermore, NSA spying on everyone, how could you possibly deny that?
National security agency. Pretty much says it all.
If they want to fulfill that goal they have no choice but to filter every informations circulating around their lovely country. That's the price to pay in their eyes.

And I surely can't condone it.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

As far as I see it, the only people he's betrayed are the curropt officials in Washington who were trying to hide their betrayal from the American people.

They were lying to us and hiding behind the constitution to do it.
He exposed the truth by breaking his promise to the government, not us.

He didn't expose military secrets, he didn't put ''America'' at risk. He put the US Governments lies on show.

I couldn't care if he's a cross dressing sheep f**king lunatic. He released the truth to a blinded people.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Wow man, you have a problem if you feel okay with the fact that they can read and listen everything you say. I can't even think that they do this to counter terrorist , they lie. We are supposed to be free and have rights, they can't decide to spy us like that for any reason. We can't even know where the F*** our tax is going but the government must know every litle things about us. Is that making sense for you?? Something really bad will happen if we let them do all these things.

And you what is your definition of Freedom ?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Let's do some analysis, shall we?

Look at where he ran: China then Russia. Look at his platform for this 'interview': Germany.

Germany surely expressed butt-hurt over the fact the USA spies better'n they do.

Who stands to gain the most from Snowden's actions? Did the NSA fall apart?

What you're not thinking about is where you'll find all the answers. You're being 'played' by a bunch of hullabaloo ... when it's corporate who has really got all your personal info ... and is making use of it to your detriment. It's like magic.

Have you not honestly considered that the Russians are behind this whole 'revelation?' The whole thing was staged.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Do you read every thread on ATS? Do you read every post in every thread? Have you read every thread ever posted on ATS?

The NSA doesn't have enough people to read everything you or I write ... nor would they care to ... nor are they allowed to. But Google, now Google has access to ALL of your g-mail traffic ... And they are bound by NO constraints. Is that okay with you?

Snowden is a traitor. He's guilty of sedition ... and subversion. The guy's done as an American. What happens to him now ain't none of my concern.

I am concerned that a foreign power is gaining sway over the mindset of a good many Americans. This'll teach the government to degrade their citizens ability to think critically.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe.. just maybe.. he was allowed to take what he did and give it to whom he did. Maybe... just maybe.. what he has isnt so nifty and the NSA is wagging the Snowden.. I mean dog. His incredibly wonderful fantastic information hasnt sank any battleships or gotten the good properties on the board... yet. Its been a little while.

Maybe if it was so important he would have been killed well before he had the chance to give it to anyone... and its not him they ACTUALLY want.. or the information. Maybe it was allowed to be disseminated.. as it was in that quantity and what was reported.. specifically. It was funny to see the reaction from those who are being heavily spied on themselves.. and trying to act above it all as if they dont do it themselves or are lilly white. I think a few probably pissed on themselves a little.

SO what is it? Is the NSA/Govt full of illuminati evil geniuses bent on world domination... or bumbling idiots who cant catch some low level hack cum freedom fighter with the "keys to the kingdom"?? They cant be both. Besides, I find it pretty amazing that he was "allowed" several jobs he held at the places he held in the departments he held with his lacking resume and creds. Some of these super-fly-spy feats attributed to Snowden probably make Wild Bill Donovan laugh from his grave.

Not always, but sometimes who you think are your enemies arent.. and who are your heroes are really your true enemies... specifically when youre only hearing what they want you to hear and seeing what they want you to see.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by St0rD

Have you not honestly considered that the Russians are behind this whole 'revelation?' The whole thing was staged.

US are certainly not the only country behind all these things goin on, but what Snowden did is a huge gift for the people awareness. This probably woke up more people than ever. He left US for not being arrested and put in jail before he could say something like he did in Germany, he is safe over there.

I thought about the fact that it would be staged but I can't believe this, I mean why that would be staged?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

The problem with your claims is that they are highly speculative. Even if it could make sense, the contrary is also true. A man having a switch of conscience who stands up for justice and honesty.

In the end, this debate is meaningless because the outcome is still the same: privacy is now a thing of the past since we are being spied upon.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

St0rD
reply to post by Snarl

The problem with your claims is that they are highly speculative. Even if it could make sense, the contrary is also true. A man having a switch of conscience who stands up for justice and honesty.

In the end, this debate is meaningless because the outcome is still the same: privacy is now a thing of the past since we are being spied upon.

Oh.. we have ALWAYS been spied upon and our lack of privacy was only limited by the tools at hand. We have made leaps and bounds in begging for our personal privacy to be totally negated.. through useless tech we HAVE to have. There are just more cool gadgets now to see you.. that people trample eachother to buy and then whine about invasion of privacy.

Read this.. interesting if you havent read it before. its JUICY.
From the inception of our country.. and every single govt from the beginning of history.. privacy has been in the eye of the beholder and dependant upon the tools at hand.

George Washington was theobvious choice for acquisition of foreign intelligence. The Father of our Country was an adroit spymaster. Over the course of his long military career, he directed numerous agent networks, provided comprehensive guidance in intelligence tradecraft to his agents, and used their intelligence effectively when planning and conducting military operations.
John Jay--who later became Chief Justice of the United States--is consideredthe FoundingFather of American counterintelligence. Jay is seldom cited for his achievements in this arena; his historical reputation stems largely from his political and judicial accomplishments. But he clearly deserved to be considered the first national-level American counterintelligence chief.
Benjamin Franklin was the American icon after whom the remaining room was named. His efforts in what is known today as covert action were wide-ranging and usually successful. During the Revolutionary War period, Franklin engaged in propaganda operations and agent-of-influence activities and directed paramilitary operations against British property.

www.cia.gov...[e ditby]edit on 3-2-2014 by Advantage because: link screwey

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join