It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden exposing the NSA from Germany

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by Keradith

No need to ascribe God status to him.

He is just an American who did the right thing, when everyone else was doing the wrong thing.

For those of you who believe this man is a traitor "the only one the truth can
hurt are those lying about it".

No he is no God, just patriot of a people to dumb to know when it's time to take
a stand! It leaves me in awe how little the British monarchy had to do to cause
revolution amongst the American colonies compared to what we see today!

I understand not, why we here today continue to exist in our mundane
lives without honor for our constitution, a voice to deny the lies told,
legs to stand against the tide of rushing injustice or arms to hold back
our captures as the rights we have battled centuries procuring and defending
are stripped from us! Is there any limit to what we are prepared to endure
before we decide to impose our wills against theirs! A man is only a man
when he fights for his right to be whom he chooses to be! Until this
day comes we are nothing but enslaved cattle to be slaughtered or
bound to plow their fields and feed their progeny!
edit on 5-2-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo...I did not like his choice of destinations.

But, the guy's boss is a liar. Serious question....

What should of Snowden done with this information?

Where does a guy go when he sees his fellow citizens rights trampled?

I really don't know what he should of done...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by neo96

Neo...I did not like his choice of destinations.

But, the guy's boss is a liar. Serious question....

What should of Snowden done with this information?

Where does a guy go when he sees his fellow citizens rights trampled?

I really don't know what he should of done...

Well it's obvious the guy you're directing that question to doesn't care that his rights are trampled, so that question may be better answered by someone who understands the value of the 4th amendment.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Should have expected this thread to be filled with some blind patriotism and medieval notions of oath-keeping

Boo hoo, he broke his oath and betrayed...betrayed what exactly?

Taken from the NSA's own site, the words of former Deputy Director, John C. Inglis: "We have to find a way to ensure that we support the entirety of the Constitution – that was the intention of the framers of the Constitution, and that's what we do on a daily basis at the National Security Agency."

Looks like Snowden was actually just doing his job

If you think giving up your privacy for the sake of combating terrorism is a fair trade, you might want to go check what the whole aim of terrorism is. Hint: they already won.

It takes a special kind of drone that, when being told the truth about his government spying on him, decides to attack the messenger for being an unpatriotic traitor.

edit on 5/2/2014 by RedSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The truth? Everyone is always looking for a hero to come and save them.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Agit8dChop

There IS a truth here, brother. Snowden's mind doesn't work like normal people's. I spent 17 years of my life weeding people like him out. He's a traitor to his country AND YOU. He has betrayed YOU to foreign powers.

And here you are ... willingly defending him ... like a sucker.

Let me TELL YOU something about oaths and law. One, under oath a lie was told. Under oath criminal actions were done. Under oath Snowden's superiors lied to officials.

YOU didn't sniff out ANYBODY and I highly doubt you sent 17 years doing ANYTHING but be a yes man and accept criminal orders. Know why i suspect this? Cus you spit the venom of a traitor. You want to talk all big boy pants on a man who risked everything to PROVE criminal actions within institutions that LIED blatantly in the face of our systems of Justice, therm I am going to call you exactly what YOU seem to ME to be.

A slave and a snake who would shoot me and Snowden for being honest and loyal to his people and the OATH he took to protect us from enemies both foreign and domestic. Funny thing about you "yes men types", you will watch citizens be murdered, caged and abused, spied on and reduced to cattle….becuase YOU think your little fantasy world of "big brother games" are somehow more important then the law.

No sir…the law is above you and your little dreams of networks you CLAIME to be the sniff-out dog of.

I do not post often, in fact I signed in just to say your views disgust me as an American and a free human.

I do not worship Snowden, nor do i see him as some saintly hero. BUT I do see this as exactly what it is "people like YOU" being exposed.

God bless people like us. And to hell with traitors like you.

I can call you a traitor right? Since you called Snowden one for protecting the people of America?

You ARE aware he didn't sell secrets to foreign countries and didn't get paid to release his info, ya?

Too bad you claim to have been paid to commit the very crimes Snowden is exposing.

Lets hope you are brought up in some of this scandal….so we can see exactly how YOU treated us citizens when YOU spent 17 years being "important". Oh wait…i forgot…your candor and grammar leads me to believe you are making up stories. Just like those Snowden exposed.

I highly doubt you spent 17 years doing anything you claim here. But if YOU did, then you are just as guilty as those Snowden has rightfully and righteously exposed.

And that goes for anyone spouting 1942-esk BS like they have some god given right to go against my rights…

Have a great day and enjoy seeing your "ex cohorts" get what they deserve.

Hugs bro!

MM
edit on 5-2-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
an impressive breakdown of the Snowden material from Jacob Applebaum

hackavist extraordinaire

Pandora's Box is open and there is no closing it

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

First, let me acknowledge your rant with my personal thanks. I've never felt properly rewarded for my efforts. But the bleating sounds I imagine you made, before your fingers typed in your ATS password, are priceless to me.

I can call you a traitor right?

Sticks and stones, bro.

Have a great day and enjoy seeing your "ex cohorts" get what they deserve.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Snowden is the only one facing charges. Fill out one of these while you're waiting though.

Here's something else for you to stew on: Liberals, and I include the likes of you in my definition, oft forget what sheep they are ... until they come face-to-face with a bona fide wolf. It's the reminder that gets 'em. Not what they are, not that they weren't what they were pretending to be, but the fact that they're getting their faces rubbed right in it while the wool is sheared from their backs. Struck a nerve with you, did I? Ha Ha Ha

National security is something you have no concept of. Like a lot of folks, you might think you do, but it's nowhere near anything as simple as 2+2=4. The rules for maintaining security are fairly simple. You follow them or you're out. There are almost never any exceptions to the rules for a reason. Snowden's intelligence probably afforded him good references and got him past some lackluster investigator ... shame on the system. There are people like me, watching for people like him, for good cause. And, I'll assure you of this, Snowden just made it a lot tougher (and more expensive) for people like you to find employment inside your government.

Your boy Snowden couldn't operate within the confines of the rules. Instead of taking the honorable way out (by resigning), he flamboyantly broke the laws of our nation and ran into the protective arms of a foreign power. You see, that self-righteous attitude was the tell, and he was smart enough to hide it long enough to do the country dirty. Again, why China and then on to Russia?

Do you honestly believe Snowden didn't turn over everything he had to the governments of those two countries? Do you honestly believe they wouldn't forcefully take it from his possession. The Chinese made a whore out of him and pimped him out to Russia for sloppy seconds. Now he's in the German's bed. Who's next?

You can believe anything you want about people like Assange, Manning, and now Snowden. I see them for what they are: Pawns suffering from a misguided sense of self-worth, delusional beliefs of right and wrong, loyalty to no one but themselves and their kind ... crybabies who have a tantrum when they can't get their way. Justice has caught up to each of them. In time they'll pay what they owe. The game never stops ... and it never ends.

Shame on Snowden ... and shame on you for favoring a traitor, whatever your delusions happen to be. Though I've enjoyed our dialogue, next time let's stick exclusively to the ball, and not the players. The mods don't seem to care for it.

-Cheers
edit on 2-7-2014 by Springer because: Removed childish content.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

How do you know what the NSA cares about? If he didnt reveal anything that important why is he public enemy number one?
He is a patriot because he cares about US citizens over US govt. Way to go snowden! I dont see how "people like you" can still sit on this side of the fence and defend our corrupt govt and private buisnesses, all they are concerned with is power and money. So I guess having discussions is pointless because if the police aren't knocking down your door or taking food directly off your plate, your ignorance will always be intact no matter the amount of overwhelming evidence.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
This guy is a criminal . He is not a god. Do we really need to glorify a traitor

a traitor .. ?? LOL...

what about high treason ?? any of that ring a bell .. ?

how about ..

disobeying a direct order...?

might want to think about those before spouting off at the word 'traitor' ..

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

let me ask you this...

based upon your profile picture, there can be only 2 views of this ..the statue of liberty being replaced by a rent-a-cop spraying cs gas on cuffed and kneeling protesters...we all know the picture ..

it can be either viewed as 'a good person doing his job by obeying his orders and blatantly disregarding their rights being violated or ...

the current statute of freedom is no longer in existence thus being replaced by a statue of being a police state resulting in grief of the populous of the country where laws regarding freedoms are a mere whispers of hope ...

which of these to you hold most to and why ?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I was not ranting. And you sir are fake…and unbalanced.

Good day.

PS- why would you earn a reward for something you invented to brag about dishonestly online?

MM

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

PS- I read your diatribe. It comes off like someone who has never spent a day working with any agency or law enforcement. Sounds like made up nonsense. Good day. Have fun playing "ex-government hero".

MM

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Snowden is a true American Hero. History will prove that.

It's always amazing to me how many people don't want transparency in the Government, How many people want to be watched 24/7, how many people want a police state and how many people don't want freedom. This country was founded on Freedom, our founding father's risked their lives for it as did Snowden. I would say that if you don't like freedom, then go live in North Korea. They would love you there. You would probably like it there too. They spy on everything you do, no freedom. Just what you guys want. I don't want that. I want my country back.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Self-Edited
edit on 722014 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I didn't ask for a god damned thing. There you go labeling people you don't know the first thing about. I welcome every last race, creed, color to this nation. I can care less if they took your job. Create a new one. If you ever get annoyed you can be self employed. I can't control what the rest do but you can bet your bottom dollar I can control my fate.

Don't think about the stuff you can't do, get out there and do it. Crying doesn't get you very far but action does. Everyone knows there is a problem. I like to think of it as the whole world evening out to become equal. We lived high on the hog for a long time. Time to tighten up those belts and get it on.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I don't have the posting requirement to post this in either:
1. Breaking Political News
2. US Political Madness

It's related to this LiveLeak interview/link. If you feel it warrants a separate thread please add it for discussion. I believe it does, but I don't have permission to do so.

Edward Snowden Interview blacked-out by US Media and banned by YouTube
Link to blog:
www.dcclothesline.com...

It's great that someone posted this interview from LiveLeak here, but it's important to know that it was blacked-out and banned by US media outlets (including YouTube).

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by neo96

There was a Good Reason for that . England was Oppressing the Colonists so they Decided to Fight Back with the Logic of " The Enemy Of My Enemy Is my Friend " . Turns out they were Right . Without the Help of the French , the Revolutionary War would have been Lost . Thank God it was Not !

" And a little history leason.

Your founding fathers went to there worst enemys for help (the french), enemys that only a few decades before had tried stealing there lands and blocking there trade.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join