It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans came long after aliens, scientist suggests.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Especially in terms of communication and data processing. Even starting as short as Cold War era com and data tech to today.

It's really mind-blowing and the conspiracy side of me deems rather suspicious.

link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

From an infinite perspective then, it's entirely possible that we are the only intelligence that is/are.
Infinite possibilities.

link   

Bone75
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I believe Earth is the source of all life in the universe. If there is life somewhere else out there, it started as a result of microbes that came from here, not the other way around.

Having a hard time with that one....I saw a link in your sig right as i hit the reply button, i'll read that after this before i ask you to go into more detail on it.
Interested though

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sure, possible but not probable. The universe is too big and too old for this to be the only planet to have ever harbored life. The chances of that are almost zero.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

nugget1
We would probably either annihilate them, or assimilate them.

Descend on them, have sex with their womenz, give them religion, move on.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

would infinite suggest delving into the space-time/loop idea?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Infinite, right? What are the chances of one out of infinity?
See the problem? That means nothing is more likely than anything else.

edit on 2/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

jhn7537
Thinking about this type of stuff interests the hell out of me.

And me, as well. It is very interesting and "curious" (as Spock would say) the amount of technology we've developed over the past 50-100 years with as long as we've been on this planet.

It would almost appear like we've had some indirect help.

That's what I heard when I was a kid, alien intervention/help after Roswell (reverse engineering too), because that is when the technology advanced in such crazy ways so quickly... I don't want to knock what the human mind is capable of, but it seems that we had a helping hand at some point with our technology advancements.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Snarl

nugget1

Descend on them, have sex with their womenz, give them religion, move on.

Where do I sign up??? hahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay, your logic has beaten me phage, I give!

I'd still have to say that life is the norm and not the exception. The universe seems to be fine tuned for life, us living on this planet proves that.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Why would I be joking? What makes you so sure we're not the first life producing planet? It has to start somewhere doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'd still have to say that life is the norm and not the exception.

I would have to say that in light of all available evidence, your statement seems very likely and virtually 100% correct.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Bone75
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Why would I be joking? What makes you so sure we're not the first life producing planet? It has to start somewhere doesn't it?

Well, universe is around 13.8 billion years old, we've been on Earth for about 200,000 years (depending on who you ask)... I honestly hope we're not the first, that would be a boring 13.7 billion years before we decided to pop up...hahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

It did start somewhere first. According to the article, life started billions of years before our solar system was even formed. And with current available evidence, there's no reason not to believe that.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Technically, nothing has to "start" anywhere. Energy cannot be created or destroyed and since the universe is nothing but one huge ball of energy, it couldn't have been created, it has always existed in one form or another.

Life never began on a universal level in my opinion, we are only one cycle within an infinite loop.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'd still have to say that life is the norm and not the exception.

I would have to say that in light of all available evidence, your statement seems very likely and virtually 100% correct.

What evidence? Did I miss something?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

nugget1

_BoneZ_

Phage
Then what?

Then we can observe them. Or, we could help them along their way. Even better, we could develop our own Prime Directive and leave them alone until they matured to a certain technological point.

I agree, we would do everything in our power to exploit them , enslave them, steal their resources and any other bad thing you can think of and make them think that its for their own good . It would be like the white man and the native Americans ,except it will be us stealing a whole planet instead of just half a continent . maybe we will give them bigger reservations but I doubt that too .

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Isn't it likely that if we reach the point of interstellar and intergalactic travel, that humans will simply try and export 'manifest destiny' into the cosmos, just like the Europeans did to the 'New World'?

Was there anything before 'the Big Bang'?

Are alternative universes possible prior to the Big Bang, or does the BB preclude this?
edit on 2-2-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Was there anything before 'the Big Bang'? Alternative universes possible?

In my opinion since the energy that makes up our universe has always existed, I'd say that another universe was just on the other side of our big bang consisting of the same energy but in a different formation, et al different galaxies and stars in a different layout.

Big bang, big crunch, big bang, big crunch, big bang, big crunch, etc.; an infinite cycle that never began and that will never end.
edit on 2/2/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/2/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey, we're not the only kids on the block. Listen, we're killing them. What a way to be free, clear the debris out when you listen and hear inside, for they speak a language and they're cosmic. In fact they're not even whales, but brothers and sisters.

We've never been the only ones here in the solar system!

Beautiful whale song
edit on 2-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join