It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans came long after aliens, scientist suggests.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

We should leave them alone, like we are left alone. Who wants a species of war mongerers stepping in and giving them advice? The way we are now, if someone visited us, our governments would try to nuke them.
We are the backwoods rednecks of the galaxy. Reality tv for all the other species out there.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by captb13

Or every other species is even worse, and we wouldn't nuke anyone because they would wipe us out with a plague before we knew they were there.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They're not us. They are them and we are US. We evolved from life forms right here on earth. Why is that so hard to swallow? We see evidence of evolution everywhere. No seeding needed.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I would say that the chances are equal. Life just emerging and life well advanced. Either way we're not alone. In this universe the only scenario that does not make sense is the one were we are all there is. The variety of life on this planet alone is proof. From bacteria to us and all those creatures in between.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

A little research will show how our technology has advanced all on its own. What came before to lead us to where we are today. Why would we need stages like horse and buggy then steam then electronic if the "aliens" so vastly more advanced than us were intervening with our tech. We wouldn't. We would have gone from horse and buggy right to stealth fighters without all the steps in between. But we have advanced in stages . As populations grew and ideas from different minds joined with ideas of other minds inventions have edvanced exponentially. We are certainly smart enough to have done this all on our own.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

"Humans made long after aliens."

This is a pretty odd thing to state.

Have they met any aliens that we haven't heard about yet? How did ATS miss the memo?

Because as far as I know we know next to damn nothing about life (and their "age") on other planets, in other galaxies.

So why are they older? What's the angle here?

The whole idea of aliens being more technologically advanced than us, is usually spoken in the context of them reaching *Our* planet.

---

Aliens existed long before humans = Just another fancy way of saying what's already been said, with a cute reminder that we most definitely aren't alone in this massive expanse of star dust.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Bone75
What evidence? Did I miss something?

Only everything that's come from the scientific community.

Bone75
Sure. Is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest it did happen? No, not a stitch. In fact, the only real "evidence" we have supports what I'm saying.

What you're saying, if I'm understanding correctly, is that we were the first life-bearing planet in the universe, and that no other life existed anywhere in the entire universe until we came into existence, correct?

There is no real evidence to support what you're saying, and I've never even heard of that being a credible theory.

Bone75
Unless we're talking about God of course.

I don't believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipotent "being" that's "always been there". But, I do believe the bible tells a story of how we got here.

An advanced civilization came here in their chariots (ships), and made us in their image and likeness. They artificially inseminated Mary, and out came Jesus.

The same Jesus who said in John 18:36:

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But my kingdom is from another place."

Jesus' "kingdom" is not of this world, but another place. Another place would mean another world.

With more and more planets being discovered that appear to have water, life may be far more normal in the universe than we once first thought. Just as the article in the OP points out. And if that's the case, life started billions of years before our own solar system was even formed.

Therefore, we are not the center of the universe. We are not the only life-bearing planet in the universe. We are not the source that all life in the universe was created from.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Statistically it is entirely plausible that humanity is a 'late' species compared to other intelligent life forms in the Universe.

Statistically it is also likely that there are far more advanced species in the Universe than humans and also statistically likely that humanity has been influenced by other intelligent life forms (aliens).

If only humanity wasn't so stupid and gullible. It has been following the advice of a few humans that lied for their own gain. Humanity truly needs to stop denying the existence of higher energies and intelligent alien life and realise that listening properly might be the only way of rescuing humanity from the mess it has created of it's species and the planet.
edit on 2-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hopefully, one day we'll get a chance to meet some of them. See how they live, what they drive, what kinds of animals evolved on their planets, what kinds of ships and planes they fly, what kinds of foods they eat.

It works both ways. If there is a way to escape our island and we find it, we may find species just emerging into intelligence.

Then what?

(Spock voice) Fascinating.

An incredulous human entertaining the thought of a prime directive on a lesser intelligent civilization that has not been proven or yet discovered. But when this human is in discussion with it's own kind on topics of the exact same nature from an opposing side, it seems to dismiss all accounts of possibilities due to the technological inability to traverse the vastness of space time.

Highly illogical.

Spock out.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Bone75
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I believe Earth is the source of all life in the universe. If there is life somewhere else out there, it started as a result of microbes that came from here, not the other way around.

I doubt all life in the universe started on Earth; Earth does not seem that special (apart from being my home, but that's beside the point).

The universe is unimaginably huge, and if life started once on Earth, there is a good chance it also started once on other planets.

edit on 2/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Isn't this already obvious?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by captb13

Or every other species is even worse, and we wouldn't nuke anyone because they would wipe us out with a plague before we knew they were there.

That is the only way to do it if they wanted our resources and not us. But, I do think they are waiting for us to get our crap together before we are approached. What I don't believe in is the benelovent, loving aliens who are trying to teach us love and understanding to one another. Its a good bet that all races through out the universe have to go through certain stages before learning that war/killing/money/religion are thing holding them back, and it's a natural selection thing. Some make it, some dont. I would really like to think we will, before we kill ourselves.
edit on 2-2-2014 by captb13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They created us to mine gold for them.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Human civilization is barely 50,000 years old. Humans as a species have been around for about 250,000 years. Those timescales are barely a blink of an eye in the age of the universe. It's even barely a blink of an eye compared to the age of the earth. Humans are latecomers even on Earth.

The dinosaur age started about 230 Million years ago until they died out 65 million years ago. They themselves were latecomers one earth; life on earth us far, far older than the dinosaurs, who didn't come around until a mere 230 Million years ago -- which is still a relatively short time compared to the age of the earth.

Considering the timescale of humans on Earth (250,000 years) and the extinction of the dinosaurs (65 million years ago), and we can see how many human-type civilizations could have come and gone in the universe during just those 65 million years -- which is still barely a blink of an eye compared to the age of the universe.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by intrptr

They're not us. They are them and we are US. We evolved from life forms right here on earth. Why is that so hard to swallow? We see evidence of evolution everywhere. No seeding needed.

That line of thinking is as backwards as some the fairy tales in the Bible.

About as much evidence too, for the origins of life.

Read that origin, not evolution (or adaptation) from those origins.

There is as yet no production of life from lifelessness.

But you will tell me you have evidence of an electric mud puddle, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I still believe that life on Earth could have started on Earth (and life elsewhere could have started on that same "elsewhere"). HOWEVER, I am intrigued by the idea of pamspermia, and I don't think it is necessarily an invalid idea.

But even with pamspermia, life had to spontaneously begin somewhere at least once, or else where did that "life that seeded Earth" originate in the first place?

I do believe it is the case that the building blocks of life (organic compounds, amino acids, etc) came from space -- i.e., those building blocks were in the dust cloud that formed our solar system. So our planet was seeded with those building blocks from elsewhere, but I'm not so convinced about life itself seeding earth -- although I don't discount the possibility.

edit on 2/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
We evolved from life forms right here on earth. Why is that so hard to swallow?

I'm not going to get into the "evolution vs. creation" debate since that's not what this thread is about. However, there are gaps in the evolutionary chain for humans.

The bible says we were created in the likeness and image of more powerful beings. We were likely created through genetics, mixing the DNA of the humanoid species that walked or once walked this earth, with their own DNA to create a more intelligent humanoid.

We are almost to the technological point where if we could go to a primitive planet, we could create a more intelligent being by mixing our DNA with the DNA of primitive humanoid on that planet as well. And when they grow up, they could also claim that since their DNA matches so closely to the primitives, that they evolved on that planet, but that wouldn't be the case.

Just because our DNA is similar to other humanoids on this planet, past or present, doesn't necessarily mean that we evolved here. It doesn't make sense to be close-minded about how modern humans came to be on this planet.

The bible tells how modern humans came to be on this planet, and it's up to science to prove or disprove that. Until then, the bible is the proof.

And as I previously stated, Jesus even said that his kingdom is not of this earth, but somewhere else. Our creators are from somewhere else. We did not evolve here. We were created here.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Until then, the bible is the proof.

Because it says so, right there in it.
Now that's logical.

What does the bible have to say about those civilizations that came before us? The ones in your OP?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

Earthlings may be extreme latecomers to a universe full of life, with alien microbes possibly teeming on exoplanets beginning
just 15 million years after the Big Bang, new research suggests.
But even exoplanets that orbit far beyond the habitable zone may have been able to support life in the distant past, warmed by the relic radiation left over from the Big Bang that created the universe 13.8 billion years ago, says Harvard astrophysicist Abraham Loeb.
www.space.com...
news.cnet.com...

This is a very interesting hypothesis. Who knows how many advanced civilizations have been born, evolved, and became extinct before we were even born?

Not to mention how many advanced civilizations are currently thriving amongst the cosmos. With the number of stars and galaxies in the known universe, the number of advanced, intelligent civilizations is unimaginable.

Hopefully, one day we'll get a chance to meet some of them. See how they live, what they drive, what kinds of animals evolved on their planets, what kinds of ships and planes they fly, what kinds of foods they eat.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.... It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...

en.wikipedia.org...

Along time Ago !! then they came here on Earth ...

The Angels Fell..

Well Galaxy's and Star system's Much older then ours

Who's to say..

Zeta Reticuli is Older then our Solar system as some Claim ...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I'm not sure either.

life had to spontaneously begin somewhere at least once, or else where did that "life that seeded Earth" originate in the first place?

One thing I noticed with us humans is everything has to have a beginning and an end. We are born and we die, the movie begins and ends. What we are hopelessly locked into is a finite viewpoint.

The only way I can struggle out of that cocoon thinking about the origin of life is to compare it with an infinite Universe. The Universe is apparently infinite, it has always been there.

Life must have always been there, too.

Its that simple… and because of our finite viewpoint, its also that difficult for us to imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join