It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans came long after aliens, scientist suggests.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
See how they live, what they drive, what kinds of animals evolved on their planets, what kinds of ships and planes they fly, what kinds of foods they eat.

They eat Soylent Green ;-0 Maybe Harry Harrison caught a little info from our off-planet vistors which caused him to write "Make Room! Make Room!" Just thought I'd throw that out there since we may just be feed stock.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by Bone75

It did start somewhere first. According to the article, life started billions of years before our solar system was even formed. And with current available evidence, there's no reason not to believe that.

Could it have happened? Sure. Is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest it did happen? No, not a stitch. In fact, the only real "evidence" we have supports what I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Nothing to my knowledge points toward Earth being the center of all life in the entire universe, the idea is kind of ridiculous in my opinion, no offense to you.
edit on 2/2/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Bone75

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Unless we're talking about God of course. Funny how that works huh?

Nothing to my knowledge points toward Earth being the center of all life in the entire universe, the idea is kind of ridiculous, no offense to you.

Are you familiar with the holographic properties of DNA? When you shoot a DNA molecule with a laser, then move the molecule, a hologram is left in its place, and if you disturb that hologram it somehow rearranges itself. I'm curious as to whether or not that hologram could travel at the speed of light. If so, then that kind of gives purpose to the particle accelerator found hovering above our planet doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

When you shoot a DNA molecule with a laser, then move the molecule, a hologram is left in its place, and if you disturb that hologram it somehow rearranges itself.

It seems that you may not understand what a hologram is. Here's a quick explanation.

Holograms are photographs of three dimensional impressions on the surface of light waves.

www.holography.ru...

So, going by what you have claimed, do you mean that the DNA molecule is the hologram (the "film") or is the projected image the hologram? (The term is sometimes used that way).

It seems you're talking about the image being the hologram. If that's the case, there's a problem. As soon as the "film" is moved out of the laser beam, the projection disappears.

Or, could you mean that the projection is an actual physical object? No. You couldn't mean that, could you?

But maybe I've misunderstood what you mean. If so, can you elaborate? In what way does DNA have holographic properties? In what way can a hologram move (at the speed of light or otherwise)?

And that "particle accelerator" you're talking about? It's called the magnetosphere. We've know about it for quite a while.
edit on 2/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You know, if you were to fast forward the galaxy with all the stars being born, or exploding. It would be like a big beautiful and dazzling fire work show.

But you gotta think, at the same time, a civilization or two could of been wiped out. I doubt the advanced civilized ones that got to their Apex would let a giant burning clock get the best of them. A million years for a civilization that goes up and down is a bit dramatic. A civilization 10,000 years or so would be epic.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm referring to the DNA phantom effect.
And this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

"DNA phantom effect". Never heard of it.

"And this". Yes, I know. It's called the magnetosphere. Don't get sucked in by catchy titles.

Mann says this particle acceleration—deriving energy from solar flares or eruptions and carried through space on a solar wind—exists in the region of space dominated by the Earth's magnetic field, where satellites fly, known as the magnetosphere.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Enjoy the irony.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Unless we're talking about God of course. Funny how that works huh?

Good thing I believe in God, otherwise I would seem to be contradicting myself.

Are you familiar with the holographic properties of DNA? When you shoot a DNA molecule with a laser, then move the molecule, a hologram is left in its place, and if you disturb that hologram it somehow rearranges itself. I'm curious as to whether or not that hologram could travel at the speed of light. If so, then that kind of gives purpose to the particle accelerator found hovering above our planet doesn't it?

Are you implying that the accelerator above Earth is somehow a gateway for life to spread across the universe? Sorry, but that's a pretty big assumption based purely on speculation.

I believe the universe is a hologram created within our minds, so DNA's holographic properties make sense to me personally.

Know what happens when you slice a hologram in half? The whole is preserved within both halves, meaning you can create a hologram of a baseball, cut it in half a million times and there would be 2 million round baseballs left over, not halves and halves of halves as you would typically think.

Put that into context with the universe and you realize that we are all different slices of the universe containing the whole. We can all see the fullness of the whole, but we are also individual slices of the whole.

God is amazing isn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, from now on I'll refer to it as " the particle acceleration that takes place within the magnetosphere" for all the sticklers out there.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The whole is preserved within both halves, meaning you can create a hologram of a baseball, cut it in half a million times and there would be 2 million round baseballs left over,

Sort of. What it actually means is that if you set up 2 million hologram projectors, one for each piece of the hologram, you could create 2 million holographic images of the baseball (if the baseball is centered in the hologram). It also means that the resolution of those images would be very, very poor.
Hologram

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True, but I think the light we see is a lot more pure than any laser we have created so far. The purer the source of light, the better the resolution is for each individual slice. Since we are all at the center of the hologram (infinite space and time/universe) and the light we see is as pure as you can get, we all see crystal clear slices of the universe from unique perspectives. This also means that we are all the whole as well, just on a smaller level if that makes sense.

Just a theory of mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Sorry, from now on I'll refer to it as " the particle acceleration that takes place within the magnetosphere" for all the sticklers out there.

Sure. But there isn't really much reason to make a big deal about it at all. Unless you're into space weather.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I have been thinking about another possibility for a while. It's out there, but then again maybe not...

What if on a different planet, not too long ago a very advanced civilization discovers Earth and decides that it would be a perfect place to start life, and then watch it grow.

Perhaps one day even go there, to meet the kids.

In that case, wouldn't it make us also aliens?

Sometimes I think we were created for a reason, and nothing happens by chance.

Who knows, I'm just thinking out loud.
Nice thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

True, but I think the light we see is a lot more pure than any laser we have created so far.
No. The light we see is incoherent and covers a wide band of wavelengths. Laser light is coherent and has a very narrow wavelength. Laser light is more "pure".

But I think you've misinterpreted the holographic universe hypothesis, at least the one that is based on "string theory." Or perhaps you've just come up with your own.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can see my hand pretty clearly when I put it in front of my face, I can see a mountain clearly from miles away. I'd hardly say that the light we see is incoherent, and actually it is what gives us the ability to see the laser that you say is more pure. Without the light we see, your laser light wouldn't even be seen, if you know what I mean.

Maybe you're misunderstanding what I mean by the light we see?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'd hardly say that the light we see is incoherent
Then you don't know the meaning of the term.
c683966.r66.cf2.rackcdn.com...

Without the light we see, your laser light wouldn't even be seen, if you know what I mean.
No, I don't know what you mean.

Maybe you're misunderstanding what I mean by the light we see?
No. I know what visible light is. It is a mix of wavelengths of incoherent light. It is hardly "pure".

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm talking about the image that your brain creates when sunlight hits the back of your eye. It is pure because you can clearly see and "focus" (laser reference) on any object within your line of sight. You're thinking in literal light, I'm talking about what you "see", what the light gives form to.

Or are you saying that what you see is incoherent and cannot be deciphered by your brain? Because I can clearly see what's in front of me and decipher what it is that I'm looking at. If being able to recognize things that you see and make out small details is the meaning of incoherent, they need to change the definition ASAP.

The fact is the image we see is pure light, otherwise we would see a jumbled mess of photons moving back and forth giving no real form to anything. As I thought, you are misunderstanding what I mean by the light we see. The light is the image you see which is pure and crystal clear. Incoherent means unclear, what I see is very clear so the image (light) I see is not incoherent.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It seems that we have a winner in the stating the obvious competition.

The universe is almost 10 billion years older than the Earth itself, and is filled with billions of galaxies that are billions of years old. Thousands of civilizations could've risen and fallen in the time before man walked the earth, So obviously there would be aliens older than us.

And even if we could detect life forms in another galaxy, it would be too late because we'd be looking into the past, if we spotted a Dyson sphere in Andromeda for example, that technology would be at least two million years old at the time of the sighting. We wouldn't be seeing a bustling civilization, but it's artifacts.

We need to look at our own galaxy first, It's here that we'll have a slim chance of finding active civilizations. Anything beyond that would be pointless.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join