It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of getting into the Occult/Magic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

i never said i was ready. i never said im going to cast a spell right away after i post this forum.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by golden23

You obviously have a curious mind and that can be a good thing, but it can also get you into trouble. To me the fact that you are evening thinking of attempting something like this means you have not found something satisfying from a religious stand point. I say that because if you had a solid belief in a God and the universe you would not want to venture into that territory.

I do believe that there are entities on this planet that could be contacted. Whether they would respond is another story, but there are beings who if you really desired their wicked presence can contact your mind or draw near your soul. I think if you had a greater understanding of your potential life in the universe you would put your efforts toward that. Something that could help you for the long run and not a short term desire.

There is a book that can help you discover your path. This book is not part of a religion, yet people use this book to enhance their own religion. I say their own religion because we all really have our own belief system. Even those who profess to be a specific religion has their own interpretation that makes it their own.

Most people who find this book interesting are those who have not found "their" religion yet. Perhaps you are one of those people? The name of the book is The Urantia Book (www.urantia.org...). It's a huge book, almost 2100 pages, about God, the universe and your place in it.

If it is something that strikes a cord with you, it will remove all desire to do magic as you will have a better understanding how the universe works.

I hope you check it out. Either way good luck on your journey.
edit on 1-2-2014 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2014 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2014 by UB2120 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dont listen to anyone about anything theres only one thing you need to do.

You need to master yourself. You do this by getting deep into your psyche with dream analysis and by journeying but you gotta know how to journey properly and how to find the information your looking for.

Then you need to master yourself, your thoughts, how you act and interact with people. Meditation will help with this process.

If you are successful at this you will discover everything else you seek during this process.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

ill take your advice into consideration

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Good. All this spell casting, wiccan, ritual magick (bull#) is not what i consider "occult" or "esoteric".

I use the word occult but esoteric is more likely a scenario. When you finish truly discovering yourself and symbolism thats OBVIOUS too you in your life that the universal force whatever it may be SHOWS you when you know how to look for it, then youll really have a path to follow thats other worldly and less egocentric.

Trust me you want to master yourself. Thats the single most important thing you can do in "occult, esoteric" anything. Dont play these childish wiccan games. Thats topical new age bull#. Go deeper.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Try this on for size...

Do you stand against the elite forces of this world that are destroying its beauty?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

yes. im against them

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Then dont practice their religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

ohk, ive decided im not gonna do it. idk maybe ill pursue my dreams of becoming a physicist.(if i still have them after senior year)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Try my suggestion. Its very esoteric. Youll be a lot happier in the end and you have to practice any magick to build a world around you that you enjoy.

That part of the process actually manifest itself into your world as you go.

Youll know more about your psyche then you could ever learn in anthro class, or psychology.
edit on 20142America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago1928022014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
In my view, and from what I have observed for a long time, is that messing in the occult and sorcery of any kind even when intentions are benign and good, is just like walking up to hells door and asking for some help, because that is what they are waiting for, to knock on their door, so they can suck you in to the point where you get too deep to get back out, and then they own you forever.. It just is not ever worth it.. The payoff is total dog crap to your own life, and all you are connected to.

Oh the stuff does work for sure, there is real power in it that people use against other countries still today, but many countries tried outlawing these practices, I don't think they are still holding that pattern today.. It looks like there is a lot black magic being used in the world and the USA right now.. Misery is it's reward..

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

golden23
I have been interested about the human mental limitations lately. what i mean by that is the occult and magic. I have been deciding whether i should get into this kind of stuff lately because im so interested. I know what you thinking, "oh you should go for it. follow your dreams"
but, i do have my concerns about this decision though. It requires no religious beliefs to distract one from the spell casting or meditation. so basically im gonna have to become an atheist if i want to become a true Sorcerer/Mage/whateveryouwanttocallit. One of my other concerns is the negative energies that it will attract.i know that there is protection spells meant out keep out these types of energies. your supposed to perform these brief, preliminary spells so you are protected correctly. but i still do have doubts way in the back of my mind.
The contemplation of this situation is the most difficult part. If anyone were to find out about this, i would be looked upon as abnormal and maybe weird .if i were to do this then i would have to carefully think the next couple months of my life. Id have to work hard (yes harder then the math test i worked on earlier this week) and id have to be dedicated and not just quit after ive achieved a big goal. i would make another, and soon it would be a "way of life" as the magical community calls it.

in case you're wondering when i say "Magic" no i dont mean the glowing floating orbs made purely out of mental/physical energy. i dont even think thats possible. no, i mean casting spells. now you might be like "you little hypocrite you said no old guys in blue pointy hats". well, its real, i read it on a website(cuz everything on the internet is true obviously). you have to have all the right things, supplies. if your wondering "now why would i believe you, you just got this from a website" Why do i think this website is reliable you ask?
1. the look of it: it looks like someone just opened a new Flash document and started to make a website. you can tell this isnt a guy who spent a lot of money on this website, i even found a few typos. meaning i doubt they just want to get a laugh out of people doing these things. i wouldnt be surprised if this was a Flash document.
2. It appears he gets a lot of emails explaining results and correct ways to perform these spells. If i wanted to ( and i may need to) email him, its probably somewhere on the homepage or an about the author section or something
3. ohmygosh ive been rambling a lot, imma just post this and let you butcher/support/completely deny this article or whatever your gonna comment.

dude, you're still in high school?(totally stalked your profile because i knew you were young as i was reading this, wanted to make sure so i didnlt insult some 40 year old) i know you probably get it a lot and i know it gets annoying but you're too young to be trying to do this kind of stuff. im only 20, people tell me im too young all the time. seriously i feel your pain but its really the truth. i mean everyones gotta start somewhere but give yourself a couple years to mature. in 3 years you could be saying to yourself "wow i cant believe i tried to do magic...". i know, i'm saying it to myself now. and its not just going into it being free of other religious beliefs. you need to go into it with a clear head. and im sorry to say but high school is a freaking jungle and theres no way to have a clear head in that hell hole. so yea. you just dont seem like youre mentally ready to handle it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I agree with what you said.

This is why i practice the process of self discovery and selflessness. Its not easy but its worth it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by colormeinsane

Its good that young people are asking questions like this. However trusting a conspiracy board is a bad idea, i highly doubt anyone around him would be available to lead him down the proper path to a better state of being.

Also people who tend to seek these paths are also socially abstract and tend to be isolated from the average crowd.

This may not seem like a good thing to you now but in your later life you may realize that is was a good thing and that your glad you werent falling for the traps set for the main stream audience.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have a close family member that deals in magik. We spend so much time together. He tells me his life choice and I've seen his power. He's taught me many, many things about magik, I've practiced a few of them. He is the real deal. One of my main rebuttals is that he is using idols or physical objects given power by the practitioner. I have another family member that "co-creates". He says that no idol, charm, verse, chant, mantra, spell, etc has power without the practitioner. That it's the person with the power, not the candles, charms, parchment paper, crystals, etc. Then, it has to be concidered that if it's the person with the power, only able to express them self through idols, where does there power go when they don't have their witches brew?

The power is in the individual, not outside of him.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 100% Real

Riiiiggghhhtt.

But now you have to ask yourself is the power coming from the individual or is it in the individual?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

there is no spoon.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

double post.

edit on 2-2-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

In the individual. That's what I said in the last line of my post.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

colormeinsane
dude, you're still in high school?(totally stalked your profile because i knew you were young as i was reading this, wanted to make sure so i didnlt insult some 40 year old) i know you probably get it a lot and i know it gets annoying but you're too young to be trying to do this kind of stuff. im only 20, people tell me im too young all the time. seriously i feel your pain but its really the truth. i mean everyones gotta start somewhere but give yourself a couple years to mature. in 3 years you could be saying to yourself "wow i cant believe i tried to do magic...". i know, i'm saying it to myself now. and its not just going into it being free of other religious beliefs. you need to go into it with a clear head. and im sorry to say but high school is a freaking jungle and theres no way to have a clear head in that hell hole. so yea. you just dont seem like youre mentally ready to handle it.

He's a teen? I didn't notice, not that it makes a difference. You bring a good point up with

in 3 years you could be saying to yourself "wow i cant believe i tried to do magic...

I was one of those teens who used to think "Ooh, I can recite some words, sprinkle/burn some herbs, and shazaam! Magic influence!" Except it never amounted to a damn thing, practice in repetition as I did. That, I'm almost positive, appeals to teenagers for one reason: the desire to have some kind of control over themselves with what they do without an authority figure standing in the way. That was the appeal for me anyway. Nowadays, I simply look back, shake my head & chuckle while thinking "I must have been that special kind of stupid to really believe syllables from the vocal chords and some burning Cinnamon or Dragon's Blood would do anything other than make the place stink" (or smell good, with DB)

I do have to admit, it's a good scheme to make bank on, though. I've considered opening a shop a few times, and I don't even believe in the abilities claimed. I could charge a good clip & make a profit, because people are gullible and think they need the acacia or the beeswax candles, or the tealight wax burner. From a capitalist POV, it's a brilliant marketing strategy. Promise control, and they will come with wallets open. That said, if you have to pay to play, the game's fake. Kind of like tithing the omnipotent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join