It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your personal time-travel adventures of choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've been thread-dropping a little too much lately, so after this one, I'm gonna stay silent for a while.

AAAAAAny who, I have a challenge for you, ATS.

If you could travel back in time with a best friend, and you somehow got involved with a big historical event, or ended up in a big city like Dublin in Ireland, what would you do? What exactly would happen? Think of it as designing your own personal Doctor Who episode.

Yes, I am asking out of selfishness.

In my time-travel story, my two main characters--Doctor Jones, an eccentric, brilliant, and impulsive scientist, and Taizela, an adventurous orphan raised by Doctor Jones, leap through time in order to find the legendary stone that they accidently sent randomly into the timeline. Its the philosopher's stone. Afraid of damaging the time line, Doctor Jones and Taizela end up in various random places, dealing with pharohs, temporal rifts, Mutants, drunken Irishmen, ghosts in mirrors, and SO much more (those examples are from episodes I've already drawn).

What's your favorite time era?

What would you do if you and a friend traveled there?

What science fiction adventures would await you in this era?

If I choose to use your idea, I will first ask your permission, then after drawing the episode, I will leave you a mention in the book. Sooo, that's it, then. Lemme see what you got!
edit on Xx54580831PM18 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Imagine myself time traveling in the 1990s Los Angeles. If I were with a buddy we would be kicking back and meeting up with the younger versions of many of our high school teachers and other people we know who are young at the time.

We would also go to:

George Lucas and help build a better version of the prequel Star Wars Trilogy

Warn Hollywood about the rise of Justin Bieber

Convince Kurt Cobain that there's more to life than death (while he is visiting Hollywood)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'd like to go back to the 40s before Gandhi was assassinated, find him in India, and spend time observing him and learning from him. If I could interfere with time, I would try to stop the shooter.

I wouldn't, but perhaps some would enjoy a trip in time to Woodstock.

I'd love to go to 1979, in Ireland, hitching across the country long before the suburbs and busy roads and celtic tiger. It was so beautiful.

I would want to go back in time - 1700s maybe, long before the white men came and killed all the buffalo. I think seeing thousands upon thousands of buffalo in the wild would be something. Back before the Colorado River was dammed (and damned). To see unspoilt lands, lakes, rivers out West.

In France during the time of Monet.

During the time of Buddha, to be in his presence.

Best of all, go back to the time of my own childhood, to a starry, summer night, knowing all was right in the world.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Me and a clone would travel to a post apocalyptic America. The apocalypse would have occurred decades in the future of our current time. There would be roving biker gangs and robots that have formed a self sufficient society. There would be giant mutant monsters, Godzilla style.

My clone an I would discover an old mechanical robot during a quest given to us by the sheriff of one of the frontier towns that spring up after the apocalypse. We would then use that mecha to protect the blossoming post-apocalyptic societies.

Yeah, that's what would happen.

Awesome...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have often fantasized about going back in time. However, any warning I'd try to give to impact anything on a national or international scale would probably land me either in an insane asylum or in jail as a potentially dangerous person. How would we treat someone who tried to warn the government about an impending disaster? We'd lock them up, the NSA, CIA, and FBI would make sure they were locked up tight as either a potential terrorist, co-conspirator, or lunatic.

I suppose in the end the only thing I could do is make a very small deposit in a bank that exists in both time periods, using my name and address as benefactor one year after I return. If I tried to warn myself of things, I'd be changing my future and who I have become (even though I'd love to warn myself of tons of stuff).

There is no way I could interfere, much as I tried, that would make a real difference in preventing anything. So the best I could do is visit as a tourist, for fun within an era that speaks a form of English I'd understand or could be understood (or I'd be killed as some kind of witch or crazy if I couldn't understand the language). Perhaps a safe travel would be to England or a British colony as a tourist, oops, no, money would be a problem. I think a couple of weeks in Hawaii in 1950 would be fun and fairly safe if I could find old enough money.

Oh well, best bet is still finding a 1918 dollar bill and going to 1920 and depositing a dollar as I said previously. Oops, guess that wouldn't work as I don't think they'd allow a benefactor that doesn't exist. Alright, guess I'd have to find a dollar minted prior to 1950 and go to one year after I was born, close to where I would have been living.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, it wouldn't make a very good adventure story, but I would go back to the Library at Alexandria and with the help of a 'time-ship' (owned by an enjoyably eccentric, human looking alien), which has the ability to psychically translate within my mind any language I read (or need to speak), I would just read and read and read, scroll after scroll after scroll…

…then using the 'time-ships' tech, I would copy all of the really great works, bring them back to the future and publish them, claiming that an unnamed archaeologist had found (in some secretly discovered ancient ruins) this huge cache of long lost writings and given them to me so that no one would ever discover the true source….

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

Can this "time ship" travel through time AND realative dimensions in space?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by lostgirl

Can this "time ship" travel through time AND realative dimensions in space?

Of course, it also has a tendency to end up in destinations other than the ones programmed by it's resident alien!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There was actually a Writers contest along these lines the month before you joined. This was my submission.

The hardest Decision

You could have earned your writers spurs even sooner.

The travel back in time thing always brings out my dark side.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh, where to begin?

Seriously the thought of being able to see and participate in times of the past has long held my day dreams.

There are too many things I would want to do, I guess I would bring my husband but he probably does not want to go where I want to.

I love dinosaurs and would love to observe them in real life, but quietly so as not to get eaten.

I love a good poker game so I would go back to the wild west and sit down and play a game of poker, then i'd like to observe a duel.

I would like to Commandeer a pirate ship and sail around with chests full of gold.

I would like to retrace my family roots at least on my moms side (dont know my bio-dads) and then meet them, i'm an Italian, Norwegian so that could prove to be interesting times.

I would really love to get my hands on some antiquarian books an original Bible, or history/recordkeeping as many and as old as possible. I just love books.

Other things worth mentioning, See the pyramids being built, observe the Battle Of Redcliffs, observe the Battle Of Gettysburg. I would be interested to walk a medieval marketplace.

edit on 31-1-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It would be a toss up between going back to Arthurian times, witnessing the reality of life in those days, or going back to try and find the identity of Jack the Ripper. I reckon The Ripper murders would be more interesting, and solving them of more benefit to mankind than the other option.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

After reading an article, that sparks interest for further digging, we discover a big hidden secret about a secret society, that trough hundrede of years have controlled the world in secret. We learn that manly from the rapporter who wrote the article, just before witnessing he gets killed.
We then go back in time to prevent the secret society to ever be created, with big succes. Just to come back to our own time and discover nothing changed! We find out it is just created some years later, and we then proceed back in time again and again only to discover we cant stop it. We finally end up with the journalist who wrote the article, and in an effort to save his life, we accidently gets thrown millions of years in to the future. Here in a strange place, very beatifull, but still scary. Filled with strange plants and animals. We meet an old wise man. (we where out looking for a spare part, so we can return by the way).
This man tells us strange things, that we cant defeat evil without replacing it with good. That we cant fight others fights, that it must be ones own fight against evil, if we want to defeat. Me and my friend dont really understand this, and we dont have much hope. The journalist however, seems satisfied with the answers and eager to return back in time. When we return to what we think will be our end. The rapporter, no longer filled with fear. Outsmarts the secret society, and exposses Them for what they are. The secret society gets destroyed and the rapporter runs for mayer of Dublin, and wins, to ensure peace will persist ...until next episode ofcourse.

Thats my story hope you like it. Wrote it on my phone, so sorry for the gramma and so on.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'd quickly jump to the future then locate and abscond into the past with a Universal translator and first stop would be for conversations with Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. Then head off to the Library of Alexandria and finally head back to watch how and find out why the Great pyramids were built.

Then off to Ancient Peru and get a few questions answered.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i'd like to see the beginning, where it all started.. i guess that's my first choice.

If I felt like messing with the affairs of time, I'd have to assume whatever place I went to wouldn't change my previous alternate reality of course.

If it did, I could only go into the future, and even then, it is a future without my previous existence to affect it. So, by even how little it would change due to my leave, it would still be an alternate future that would immediately start altering even further by my arrival.

The only way to do this is to play with the idea that I exist outside time and space to begin with so that I my alter it without affecting my own fate.

If I had that sort of power, I'm sure I wouldn't care about messing with what I already knew, considering there's so much more to see.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My first choice would be to go to Jekyll Island in 1910 and take care of a little business there.

Second choice would be to go to Kecksburg in 1965 and take some video.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I know, I'm the one who picked that contest theme. And thanks

This is drop-dead amazing. I WANT TO DRAW NOW.

Thanks for the ideas, guys! Thanks so MUCH!

top topics

join