It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hardest Decision [TJWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am writing this, or should I say scratching this on sheepskin so that others may hear my story.

As I buried the rifle in the sand I realized that I had thought about this for a long time, the list of targets seemed endless. Hitler? Stalin? Pol Pot? Mao? Jesus? Moses? Mohammed? George Washington, Ghandi? General Lee? Ceaser? Alexander the Great? Genghis Khan?…like I say, the list is endless.

But it is a one way journey, it must be well thought out. Otherwise, my actions may lead to even more bloodshed.

I didn’t aspire to be an assassin, but I am nonetheless. This is the cold honest and hard truth. I have other tools as well to carry out my task. Knives, multitools and even a syringe filled with bleach. The more toxic poisons and pathogens were too well guarded.

I am a scientist, and pretty good one if I may brag. I was selected to be the first traveler due to my knowledge of the past and ability to speak and pick up almost any language, I know twenty fluently…I know, it’s odd. Many of them are considered dead languages.

Luckily I am also unattached, so that was a factor in my selection. My job , if you call it that, was to record life during this timeframe and leave a detailed journal for people within my time frame to find. We picked the caves in France for the cache. This is a one way trip for me, which led to my decision on where to be transported. I had that option after all since it was a one way trip. But it was approved by the committee.

No one knew of my alternate plan. I realized that many shapers of history lived hundreds of years apart and that during that time I could not get them all. So I had to choose one. Only one.

God have mercy on my soul, I choose Mohammed. Think about it, no crusades, no Jihad, no more people willing to give up their lives with suicide bombings. Without Mohammed, Islam would not just cease to exist, it never would have started. My wife wouldn’t have died that day. This just may be the ultimate revenge I realize. And the ultimate justification.

The Arab world would continue to prosper as a scientific community, sea faring and making maps, all the while trading with their neighbors.

I have made friends with the villagers and Mohammed’s family. I bring them food and even once set a broken arm…all to gain their trust.

Tonight I will do what has to be done. I will use the syringe…the rifle is just a back up. It’s not like they have CSI in this century. Kids die all the time in this timeline.

God forgive me…but most of all, Wife, forgive me….I Love You and miss you dearly.

edit on 2-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That was a very interesting read.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You know.......... there are people just like this in the world..........

S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is really interesting. Too bad nothing it going to change. I'm gonna wake up and there will still be suicide bombers and all will be wrong with the world as it has been for centuries. Though, I wish you really could change the past.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

I've thought and talked about this very thing a lot in my past with others. If you could kill one person and only one...to change history. Who would it be?

Usually the answers I hear is Hitler. People really don't know their history.

If my character had chosen to kill Jesus, would Mohammed have chosen the path he took? Hmmm. Quandaries…ya think?.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

lol Stupid me, I didn't even look at the category it was in. lol But as I said, too bad thing when I wake up things will still be the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That's just a power fantasy you wrote. I'll go back in time to stop you from killing Mohammed.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Personally, I don't approve of killing, but if you had to "eliminate" one figure from history, I think you made the right decision. Too many forks in the multi-verse because of that one individual.

Jesus would have been the next guess. Look at how many were murdered during the crusades.

Dang, you have placed me in a logical conundrum. Sigh. SnF. Good reading!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks! You have encouraged me to further the story. It is a conundrum, ain't it?

I'll be adding another chapter every two or three days.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

The story hasn't ended yet. It continues.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't kill me before I compete my mission.

edit on 4-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Another star. Yeah, I will be sooooo interested in seeing where you take this. Got a whole month to write, right?

Dang, this should be good. I'm awaiting.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Take out Muhammed, no crusades and such as you mentioned.
Take out Jesus and still no crusades, also no islam (built on the back of Christianity.)
And actually, the world may still be pagan

Take out Moses and none of the big 3...pagan world. Would be interesting, but probably a lot more violent (nothing like having tons of deities to fight over...one is bad enough).

I think...if I was sent back in time, instead of kill someone, I would instead become a deity myself (by their standards) and give clear and eternal wisdom about such stuff that a society could live on.

Besides, like a hydra, chop off one head, two grow in its place.

top topics

join