It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tara People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

yeah, that would explain it, if it were a riddle. But I don't believe the OP meant to post a riddle.

Important: OP, assuming you tell the truth YOU MAY BE IN DANGER.

You may be the victim of what is commonly known as "gaslighting". If you're not familiair with it, read a bit about it here. Hence my question about the profession of the father of your son. If that was, for example, somebody that worked for the police, the secret services or the military, or if he was on the other side of the fence dealing drugs etc. it may be that he pissed off a gaslighting gang. Or, if you dumped him (no offense) he may be the one that directed a gaslight gang towards you. There are many of these, and some of them see themselves as oversized re-incarnations of the Four Just Men. They are not harmless!

They have a tactic of confusing the target, making sure she starts doubting her mental capacities, starts feeling being followed. In some cases they can literally drive a person mad or make him/her take his/her life. Given that you already feel that the apartment has a 'vibe' to it an given that you have experienced 'missing items' they seem to be successful. Or they may even have been inside your apartment. These gangs use tactics like that: they will move items around, open taps so you will find them running when you come home, switch off the radio that you left playing etc. - all to confuse you and to give you the impression you are being monitored.

You also may want to ask your son if he ever has been on an Internet forum (roughly when he was 14) and found himself in a severe quarrel with a group of posters. In some cases they are connected to street theatre / gaslighting gangs and though this may sound sick to most of us, these gangs enjoy harassing people with nonsensical stories.

All in all: if you are not simply fooling around with us, you may be in danger, OP. So, please contact the police and tell them your story.
edit on 1-2-2014 by ForteanOrg because: typos

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Stop grasping to the "deny ignorance" bit and put yourself in her position.

What could you actually do? She states she's been to the police. Been to check up on the address and surrounding addresses. She can't really do much else can she? Tara doesn't live there, shes reported it to everyone I can think she should report it to... what else?

Invite a stranger in to talk about "Tara" For her own safety i'd suggest she didn't do this.

I agree, the number of visitors seems a bit much - maybe it seems more than it actually is. Because i'm sure when someone is asking for the same person over and over again who doesn't even seem to exist, it can get a bit much.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm going to be honest. People are jumping to the "made up story" conclusion without covering all bases. Talk about "deny ignorance" people! I mean, i get it, posters WANT to prove an OP to be lying. But if she isn't... then what? Isn't it better to try and pool our ideas and see what we can offer?

I understand why you feel you have done everything possible - because i think i agree. You have.

I may have missed this.. but how old is the apartment/complex? Have you done a history of what used to be there?

I'm all for believing in the paranormal. Regardless of people's explanations - a lot of things just can't be explained. And if of course you are telling the truth, this is extremely difficult to explain.

Have you ever asked for a last name?
Tara's phone number - how they may have contacted her other than at her/your house.

So long as this is true, i think you've taken all the necessary steps. You just need to make sure you get as much out of all those steps as possible.

Thanks for a nice little read.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Oh and when they new tenant arrives. Tell them to sign up to ATS and see if it happens to them - I'd be interested to see if this is just you/your son... or the place you live.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by athenatree

Interesting story. Tales involving time\space distortions are fascinating. Frankly, I didn't find it that scary till the Mormons entered the picture!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Whos grasping????

Deny Ignorance, that is what this site is all about. If you want to offer sympathy for her plight feel free. You have a right to do that, just like i have a right to think it`s either a grossly over exaggerated story, or complete and utter poppy cock.

You ask me to put myself in her shoes, what would i do. Well i would start by asking the `Tara People` one of a hundred obvious questions, probably start of by saying "do you realise your the 257th different person to knock on for Tara this year?" just to see their reaction and observe how they answer that one simple question. I would ask how they know her, do they know her last name jeezo i could go on. There is 1-3 people knocking the same door every week for 3 years, although she has watered the story down a bit since the OP. Think about that. This is just in the time shes home because she works a 16 hour shift. I would, as previously suggested, put a sign on the outside of my door. No i would actually put a big poster on the entrance to the apartment block in big capitals saying please there is no Tara in the whole building. No one knows very much about her shes never lived here so please leave me and my family alone. If that failed i would make a log with the police every time the `Tara People` turned up at my door as it has been suggested it could be something called gas lighting. Now if all else failed and this is just me, what i would do after the first 100 people turned up making a nuisance of themselves at my door. i would say yes I am Tara please come in. I would lock the door and the person would not leave until they told me everything.

Haysoos I can`t even believe i`m entertaing this story any more. As i say you believe her fine no probs . I don`t so please don`t drag me back into it any more.

Or......are you one of the `Tara People` (Looks over shoulder at my front door nervously)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

She works a 16 hour shift. But she also said she works at home AND homeschools her son.

No wonder she doesn't have time to ask 300+ people who Tara is...

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

MrConspiracy
Oh and when they new tenant arrives. Tell them to sign up to ATS and see if it happens to them - I'd be interested to see if this is just you/your son... or the place you live.

Or... what would be really weird is if it continues to happen to her after she moves to the new place.

My advice to the OP would be to NOT engage with these people anymore. Put the sign on your door. Look through your peephole/window, and don't even answer the door if you don't recognize who it is. I know no one has hurt you yet, but I just don't have a good feeling about this.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If this is really happening, I consider it to be a dangerous situation and you need to start getting physical evidence such as the camera AND journal. Even apartments need security. Find one that doesnt require drilling. And then get some authorities involved before your family ends up being victims of something.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Meldionne1

I don't believe a word of the story but if I entertained any ideas conman would be the least likely as there is never a payoff or gain for this Tara person. If you're a conman you have to con someone. So far according to the OP it's just people coming to her door no breaking in , no confidence tricksters scaming her. Nothing at all.

I think you misunderstood me,...the people coming to the door are not conmen....Tara is the conman and has told these people she lives there, or used that address....it's not unusual for people to run scams via internet or on the street corner and get money from people. All Tara has to do is make up a name, a story, an address, and voila.....she gets money from poor suspecting people. It happens all the time every day....and if she's not caught...she'll use the same story until it doesn't work anymore.
edit on 1-2-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

The people are saying they'd been there with the lady according to the OP. Not that she gave that address. If that was the case there would be no mystery. But that's not what is happening. They say they've been in the apartment with Tara. It's bull. Don't be so gullible.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

How is it living in the twilight zone? Time slip comes to mind before lie? I have a bridge you might be interested in buying. Call me.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

How is it living in the twilight zone? Time slip comes to mind before lie? I have a bridge you might be interested in buying. Call me.

LMAO !!!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No honey they are saying they've been there with Tara. They claim they've been in that apartment. They are not looking for her. They expect her to be there because according to the OP they've been there before. Look her just saying that the office looked up the name Tara makes no sense. They would not have the logs or files organized by first names. That's ridiculous. You need a last name and then first name. And why would the management know the first names of every tenant when only one person needs to be on the lease. If a family lives in the apartment they don't get the names of every member. When I rented my name was on the lease but my live in boyfriend was not. My kids were not. And it was under my last name then first name it didn't say we rented the apartment to Karen.
See the problem?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

My husband is always swearing his stuff gets moved. He swears he put this item here but now it's gone. But we always find it because in actuality he just can't remember where he puts stuff. He is terribly disorganized. It's funny and sad because he gets mad thinking I put something away or moved his stuff then when I say you always swear you left it there but we always find your stuff where you really left it. Two days ago it was his gloves. I know I put then in this top drawer. I know it. I tell him look in the car that's where I last saw them but he just argues no. Later we found the gloves in the car.
Everyone thinks they have a good memory. Some just don't.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

No honey they are saying they've been there with Tara. They claim they've been in that apartment. They are not looking for her. They expect her to be there because according to the OP they've been there before. Look her just saying that the office looked up the name Tara makes no sense. They would not have the logs or files organized by first names. That's ridiculous. You need a last name and then first name. And why would the management know the first names of every tenant when only one person needs to be on the lease. If a family lives in the apartment they don't get the names of every member. When I rented my name was on the lease but my live in boyfriend was not. My kids were not. And it was under my last name then first name it didn't say we rented the apartment to Karen.
See the problem?

But what if your name was listed in the computer as last name: Smith and first name: Karen? If the names are listed in a computer program as last name and first name, I don't know why you couldn't do a search by first name? It's true that the lease might not have been in this person's name at all, but the apt manager just said she would try it to see what happened. It doesn't really prove anything, but it's just one more clue to go on.

I actually believe the OP, but I am doubting that it's paranormal. There's just no way that this many people are sincerely there to see this Tara person - parallel universe or not. I think it may be a group of people that live there - that's how they can continue it for years, and that's why they seem to know the general layout of the apartment without going through it (these apartment units tend to be the same layouts). Why are they doing this? I really don't know, but I don't think it's for benevolent purposes...

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Hey there AutumnWitch ... you have no idea how/where/why I live sweetie but to answer your question the twighlight zone is quite ... how can I say this ... quite 'twighlighty' I suppose ... just as I guess it must be pretty 'rocky' under your rock

Seriously though, I made a comment to the OP it was just my opinion ... simple as ... no need to get all sarcastic about the few words that I wrote ... they say it's the lowest form of wit and although you hide it very well I'm sure you must be better than that.

Please don't bother trying to derail the thread by replying to this because I have nothing else to say to someone who calls themselves a 'witch' autumn or otherwise ... who appears to be so close-minded.

Now, about that bridge ? lol

Bye Bye Woody )O(
edit on 09/09/2013 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
1 OP is making up a story but doesn't feel fake IMO

2 Tara is a scammer but that explanation doesnt explain the claims of people being in the apt

3 Time slip. Do those happen over long periods of time?

4 Overlapped universes (not parallel, parallel planes don't touch). I believe this happens more than we think, alternate realities can overlap or merge or split off depending on the variables (interconnected choices and outcomes). I also believe our consciousness can split or merge which would explain why people have "false memories". They are not actually "false" but from another reality that merged with this one. Inconsistencies and anomalies can appear, hence the Tara people.

5 The OP is Tara and has multiple personalities. Her son just deals with it and goes along with the changing identity because otherwise his life is impossible. Perhaps the OP/Tara changes personalities over months or years at a time and simply doesn't remember the interior design changes or the people she met when she was Tara.

6 OP is experiencing "gaslighting" or "gang stalking" which is very difficult to prove or stop.
edit on 1-2-2014 by someoneinnyc because: Add theory

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

If this is a gaslighting gang they will not stop before they have achieved their goal, There is not much OP can do about it other than keep reminding herself that she is NOT insane and she should NOT doubt what she experiences. Legally these gangs don't do nothing wrong. It' s not unlawful to knock on a door and ask about Tara.

Nevertheless I believe that OP should go to the police, tell them she suspects she is being gaslighted or group-stalked and ask them what to do. In many cases they will not know either but given the proper key words ("gang stalking", "gaslighting" etc.) they often will know whom to ask .

Even if OP has done nothing wrong, gaslighting, group-stalking and playing street theatre is often done "just for fun". Like making crop-circles: there is a certain category of people that enjoys being on top of things without anybody knowing it. Makes them feel important, I guess..

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is indeed puzzling. And I do believe you are telling the truth, and just want some answers. So I sat down and thought about the possibilities:

1. Conman
Tara is a conman- This won't work, since the people asking for her aren't angry, or asking for money.

2. Gaslighting
For someone to be really upset at you, and organize a 300+ group of people, and to last over 3 years???
It's too long, and very unlikely.

Now let's go deeper down the rabbit hole....

3. Time Slip
Not in this case since you've done research and found out Tara never lived there, also some people who came to meet her said they saw her a couple of months ago...

4. Alternate universe
If that is the case then not only is Tara from a different universe, but all the people who come asking for her and recognizing your apartment as being hers, only different look.

This seems the most plausible explanation to me (I know it sounds insane) but then I also have another question.
What on earth is happening at your neck of the woods that so many people from another universe are crossing over by accident from time to time, looking for Tara?

She might be there , in that other universe , sitting in her armchair , knitting, and drinking tea, wondering why Kelly the beautician never showed up....

This is twilight zone material, not completely impossible.
I have seen,heard of stranger things in life.

Perhaps before you leave, you should get a psychic to do a reading on the apartment. See if they can sense a "door" somewhere.
Thanks for sharing your story.

S&F

edit on 1/2/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join