It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tara People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

When did you last see her? How do you know her? Why do you seem concerned about her? What makes you think she lives here?

But is sounds like she did that. When they last saw Tara, how they knew her....

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by athenatree

I have no issues with your story except as many the number of people for years that have been coming to your door.

Interesting case that everyone did seem to believe that i read once, maybe on ATS, a guy and his girlfriend saw some keys fall from their bathroom ceiling, they were physical objects that appeared from the solid ceiling of a house, they never did find an explanation. I may have some details wrong and there was more to their story of missing items and such all the time.

I believe them because i have had strange things happen with items being missing from where I am sure they were and items being moved to weird places...including pictures from walls moved across rooms.

If this were a creative writing endeavor it is interesting, but we have a forum for that and ATS does not permit knowingly Hoaxing of any kind I am sure you realize.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don’t know where to begin; I wasn’t really expecting such hostility from a simple post. As for cats, yes, we have 2 but they are more recent additions and the missing items thing was happening before their arrival so it remains a mystery.

And now on to Tara: no, the first 4 years we lived without much of an incident whatsoever, no weird strangers showing up at the door other than the occasional salesman. I have thought about a journal, or better one of those peephole camera/microphone gadgets to record my interactions with these people. I am not very techie, and think such a gadget would require drilling into the door so until I can figure out another solution the journal may be the better way to go.

As far as a con artist, I would buy that, my only problem is most of these people are stating that they were at my apartment and they talked to her days/weeks/months etc, which is why I thought for quite some time that she perhaps lived in a neighboring building – as stated we do have 6 buildings that are identical and I know lots of deliverymen have been turned around on occasion. I just find it odd that they keep coming…and coming. It is a variety of them as well, and none are acting as though they have been scammed. As said she must be really social because I’ve never ever had so many people show up at my door wanting to talk with me, or even try to sell me something.

Now, I have worked in Customer Service, so yes I can imagine looking up a first name would be difficult. This is what the woman in the office said she did; I am not sure if she used a wildcard search, or how she did it, at the time I just wanted answers. She was quite baffled as well as intrigued and wanted to see what she could find. I have no idea why she would lie to me and tell me what she did to appease me – she has nothing to gain from this any more than I do by retelling it. How would looking it up by apartment number help? Yes, she can look at my specific apartment number which is what she did first, but as I stated there are 6 buildings and I was under the assumption that they were getting apartments mixed up and coming to my apartment by mistake. So, this is why she searched the way that she did. While there are 6 buildings there aren’t a lot of apartments, this isn’t a mega complex by any means.

I have searched by address and conducted my own research, which although I have no idea how far it goes back and I will tell you it was very tedious, shows no Tara having lived in this general vicinity at any of the 6 apartments. While I know online records aren’t always the most accurate it is all I really have to go on other than what the office has already told me. As stated, who knows, people let friends move in and don’t put their names on the lease it isn’t an uncommon thing to do and I’m not discounting that could be what this is.

Questions – I have asked many, trust me strangers popping up for a person you don’t know by the droves you are definitely going to ask some! The first thing I ask is what she looked like, how long ago they were in contact with her, are they sure they are at the right apartment? Who are they, what do they want with Tara, etc. They have plenty of questions for me as well at times, some show concern and bafflement – they are just as confused as I am. Others really don’t know much about her and don’t care one way or another. Others like I have said have been invited in (by Tara) and have described their experiences. I am pretty shy, so it did take a little while for me to start getting more demanding, however my curiosity and fear have lead me to become more bold and ask more questions as time goes on.

No one has been related to her, or wanted to leave a message for her, though I’ve never asked since I don’t know her, nor have any way to get her a message. Would be interesting to see what they say though, so I might need to try it.

I’m just reporting my story, and maybe looking for some advice, maybe find out what I should try next, what I’ve not thought to do. I have looked into it in a million different angles and am throwing it out there for what it is. It to me is creepy, but the people themselves don’t terrify me in a way that black eyed people would – I certainly hope they never show up at my door looking for Tara! Other than the one instance that did make me a little afraid with the beautician, they just seem like normal people. I don’t as I have said feel afraid. What else am I supposed to do? I have phoned the police fairly early on – before I went to the office to find out more about Ms. Tara, but of course they’ve told me unless these people do something, there is really nothing that can be done. Nothing has ever happened, my apartment hasn’t been broken into, tampered with, and no one has ever made a threat against me or my son.

I do like the sign idea and have considered something like that, it would save a lot of time, I guess it is a mystery to me, one I would love to get to the bottom of – but doubt I ever will – my lease will be up in 8 months and we are leaving – nothing to do with what is going on here, just wanting a change. My curiosity alone keeps me from turning them away. As for the 1-3 it can be as many as 3 yes, sometimes there may be a week or two with none, there’s no real rhyme or reason to it and you have to remember that it is sometimes a group – when the LDS showed up there were 2-3 of them, though groups are rare. I think that the amount of people that have shown up to my door is what is so baffling and confusing. In the beginning, I just thought they were casing the place, showing up at different times to see when we were home. I could understand that. But as the months went on and they kept coming I have to think it is something else…but what? I wish I knew.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Not a clue as to what it could be though, sorry.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This Tara person must be quite a popular lady to be getting all these visitors.

Only thing I can think of is that its some kinda scam in which someone is using your address, check with post office to see if someone is using mail divert service.

I had one guy using my address like this for all kinds of scams, I would get people turning up asking about some unpaid bill or an item that was rented and never returned.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just going on a whim here

Maybe since Tara is 50, which isn't that old, but kind of old, she got sick and had to move somewhere else due to illness etc.
And these people didn't regularly talk to her, but this was the last known address they had for her. Perhaps Tara lived in your buiilding many years ago, and these people figured she still lived there. This might explain why it took them a few years after you moved in to start knocking on your door asking for her.

They may have gotten notice she was sick (you know how friends and family sometimes can go Yearsss without speaking to one another until a person gets sick/married/or dies) It would also explain the religious person knocking on the door, or the beutician, these kinds of people often show up in numbers to cheer up and help aging/dying/people who are sick from old age/illness etc.

I once had a friend I didn't talk to in years move. I went to their house one day randomly to talk to them and they weren't there, I was confused at first too, as the person who answered the door wasn't my friend but some stranger. I asked them where my friend went and they didn't know the person's name or anything about which I was asking. So I went on my way.

Sometimes people just move and don't tell too many people.
edit on 1/31/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
OK, for one yes we know `Tara` has grey hair, is a petite woman with piercing blue eyes, the description they gave you is very, very precise, described the same, by every one of the hundreds who have been harrassing you for the past 3 year! 1-3 a week but sometimes not for 2-3 weeks then hundreds of unconnected people, save for this elusive `Tara` person, all call at once.

From mormons to dodgy beauticians. Out of all these few hundred FAQ sessions with these unknown visitors, over 3 years, you have not managed to even get a slight picture of who or where she could be?

No one has discussed at length about the 6 identical building theory and they could have the wrong flat?

Maybe pass that round the local community so people get that she doesn`t, nor ever has lived at your apartment!

Meanwhile, a mother with children/child in the house, again after several hundred people continually visiting week in week out asking for `Tara`.... the `Tara People` as you have named them, does not think after 6 months of these visits that maybe some one should put a missing persons poster out? My Ghod if your truthful, which i for one am very dubious about, surely you and the police, who you correctly notified of this bizarre invasion of your once peaceful apartment and most popular of missing people, would worry about this grey haired, piercing blue eyed, popular, well known female and what may have happened to her???

Murder? Suicide? Or a case of mistaken address?

I`m not being hostile at all, but at the same time, deny ignorance!

Is that not the mantra of ATS????

If you ARE telling the truth then I am sure a television series or local news broadcaster would pick up this bizarre mystery and help get it solved for you.

My Ghod `Tara` seems as popular amongst the `Tara People` than Justin`pray for` Bieber and the North American courts.

I am sorry if you feel i am been hostile towards you, i honestly am not. But your story just doesn`t sit right at all.

Maybe your exaggerating the figures a bit, which would fit with the con artist theory or sick person gone and moved theory.

And am sorry but the `these people didn`t regularly talk to her` theory, why then after four years would hundreds of people be chapping a door, every week for 3 years, all unconnected people by the way, if they didn`t speak to her regularly?

I don`t know maybe am in a bad mood or not seeing the whole picture? But what a croc o shower water. Off to find a real thread as i await the `Tara People` knocking on ma door.

edit on 31-1-2014 by fenian8 because: had to put a question mark after regularly. get over it. i have.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

athenatree
It to me is creepy, but the people themselves don’t terrify me in a way that black eyed people would – I certainly hope they never show up at my door looking for Tara!

Hmmm...

Interesting story to say the least. S&F for the interesting read.

However, I do not understand why you threw 'black eyed people' into the equation.

Please do not feel offended, I am not being a skeptic, i just dont understand where 'black eyed people' popped up from all of a sudden.

Furthermore, I would like to ask you what questions you asked these visitors exactly, over the past few years. How/why did they know Tara? You see, in all of this there is still one thing missing. What connected Tara to all these visitors? there must be a mutual connection between all these people, if you find that, you find tara!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Are you feeling alone?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

On further analysis, I would also have to add that it is my suspicion that you are possibly a fiction writer and you are simply throwing one out there for the crowd to gather ideas for part of a story!! ? !

No offense bro, you dont seem to talkative so conclusions morph in real time, you know! ;-)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Are you feeling alone?

No shes not because the `Tara People` are knocking her door nearly every day. Duu uh. ha ha

Wish that many people would come by mine.....thats a different thread though...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

How/why did they know Tara? You see, in all of this there is still one thing missing. What connected Tara to all these visitors? there must be a mutual connection between all these people, if you find that, you find tara!

well if the story is true what you say makes no sense to me.

A beautician came to keep an appointment, Mormons came to study with her and such, why would there be a connection?

The whole idea clearly is that there are people visiting an identical apartment in a parallel earth who know the renter Tara who lives there.Thus there are objects gone missing into Tara's apartment, but the writer should have odd objects appear in hers also, why would it be a one way swap.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by combatmaster

How/why did they know Tara? You see, in all of this there is still one thing missing. What connected Tara to all these visitors? there must be a mutual connection between all these people, if you find that, you find tara!

well if the story is true what you say makes no sense to me. why would it be a one way swap.

Why indeed????

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

why would there be a connection?

If they all know Tara, then they must have met her somehow, for some reason, somewhere etc..... the connection is they all know Tara, but how? where did they meet etc. All these people have a mutual friend in common, Tara. So there has to be some kind of correlation be it geographical, sociological, physical etc etc!!!
edit on 2014-01-31T19:04:52-06:00201401bpm3101pm5231 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I didn't notice if it was mentioned, but none of these people knew her last name?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Pauligirl

I didn't notice if it was mentioned, but none of these people knew her last name?

Very good point...that seems very unrealistic.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
To clear up what I can: First off a friend nicknamed them the Tara People. I felt that would be a better title than “Droves of strangers appearing at my door asking for someone I do not know” or some such title. As for the black eyed people, they were referenced earlier, not something I would toss out there as I never equated them to black eyed people. I was half joking about the whole alternate realities, personally I have no idea what it is and have exhausted myself trying to figure out why this is occurring. At the same time I won’t completely discount the strange things that have happened in my apartment either. Are they related? I really haven’t a clue.

All I do know is that there are lots of people showing up at my door asking for a woman that to my knowledge has never lived here in this apartment. When I ask about it, I am getting attacked about why I have not been asking the right questions, or why I am interviewing them. It seems I can do no right here one way or another asked if lonely or why I am not talking enough (I work 16 hour days, I can’t instantly reply, nor would I want to even if I had the time)

I am not offended, I understand there are skeptics and that is fine. Rest assured I am not writing a book as I feel the book would be a terrible one. After 3 years all I know is a first name – yes that is it, that’s all I have and no one so far has given up a last name. I am not threatened by these people; for the most part they appear to be normal. Aside from following them and seeing where they go when they leave my front door the book may be more of a pamphlet as there is no substance, the road so far leads to dead ends. I wouldn’t pay for that rubbish, nor would I expect anyone else to. Fiction, perhaps, unfortunately I can think of a lot better stories to come up with than this one. While I may be able to form a sentence together, I do not have the writing abilities to pull anything like that off, sorry. And I am a woman, so no bro here. I highly doubt as suggested a local film crew would be interested. Honestly, I do not see what the fuss is all about here. It is an oddity, but it isn’t like I am claiming that anything magical has definitely happened, so far Jesus hasn’t shown up at my door looking for Tara. Unfortunately, Publisher’s Clearing House hasn’t been looking for her either.

I don’t think these people are connected in any other way than they have at one point talked to Tara, or at least they are claiming to. As far as I know they have not been victims of a scam, if I were scammed out of money I would be irate. The beautician wanted photos for a portfolio, LDS wanted to follow up on their talks, there have been a few salesmen, some that just ask for her and do not give a reason. So far not one person that is close to her – no friends, or relatives.

I don’t think I will be posting here any longer. I was hoping to maybe figure out what was going on or at least get some ideas for what I could try next. Instead I just feel like I am being accused for something that I did not even ask for. Ridiculed for people showing up at my door, far as I know I’ve not asked for this. Skeptical questions, I totally understand, otherwise I haven’t a clue what more I can say. I thank those that tried to at least try to take this seriously even if skeptical, I appreciate it. As for me I will just endure, only have 8 more months here and then the new tenant can take my place.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the story. Very interesting, when it happens again get some dates. Ask when did they last see her and what day is it now. The scify series fringe has a few episodes on alternate realities.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

What was/is the profession of the father of your child?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Interesting story. Are you you by any chance around 50 with grey hair and blue eyes?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join