It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Species With Amnesia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

punkinworks10
reply to post by Harte

Harte,
Like I said , Mesopotamian.

Akkadians=Mesopotamian

The golden calf idol was the Baal , that the temple was built for.

I attended a video lecture from UC Santa Cruz, by the chair of Hebrew studies, from some European university, on early Hebrew history, from pre history to the building of the first temple.
It was one of the best 3 hrs of my education.

The Canaanite religion existed at the same time as the Babylonian one.
They were not the same religion.

Harte

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

where can I get the full pdf??

All i saw where copys on amazon for 200$+ !???

I thought i found the full pdf but it was just an excerpt..
i need more information....now..

thank you so much!!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Danbones
there were two mile hi glaciers pre 12000 years ago
they calved...into the sea
then melted...into the sea

So much ice collected in these two major regions and several lesser ones that the sea level dropped by some 400 feet

earthguide.ucsd.edu...
civilization of the day was on the shore...
was being the key word after the above
They were not so stupid as to stand on the beach for a hundred years until they became submerged.
People aren't plants. Well, most people aren't.

DanbonesNow why do we say to "cross" the ocean.....?

cross (v.) c.1200, "make the sign of a cross," from cross (n.). Sense of "to go across" is from c.1400; that of "to cancel by drawing lines over" is from mid-15c. Related: Crossed; crossing.
Source
When you "cross" something, you make the sign of the Cross with the thing you are crossing.

Glad I could be of service.

Harte

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

Re Miller and the cross
+sigh+
The book is pricey...its on my list of things to do
other then that the parts of "the cross of thoth" his movie are on his web site
His full movie was out there on the web...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

a two mile high piece of ice hitting the water
can you spell tsunami?

whats that huge ice dam that let go in the middle US after the last glacier again?
wiped out the whole territory in like a day repeatedly

Lake Missoula was a prehistoric proglacial lake in western Montana that existed periodically at the end of the last ice age between 15,000 and 13,000 years ago. The lake measured about 7,770 square kilometres (3,000 sq mi) and contained about 2,100 cubic kilometres (500 cu mi) of water, half the volume of Lake Michigan.[1]

The Glacial Lake Missoula National Natural Landmark is located about 68 miles northwest of Missoula, Montana at the north end of the Camas Prairie Valley, just east of Montana Highway 382 and Macfarlane Ranch. It was designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1966 because it contains the great ripples, (often measuring 25 to 50 feet (7.6 to 15.2 m) high and 300 feet (91 m) long), that served as a strong supporting element for J Harlen Bretz's contention that Washington State's Channeled Scablands were formed by repeated cataclysmic floods over only about 2,000 years, rather than through the millions of years of erosion that had been previously assumed.[2]

The lake was the result of an ice dam on the Clark Fork caused by the southern encroachment of a finger of the Cordilleran Ice Sheet into the Idaho Panhandle (at the present day location of Clark Fork, Idaho at the west end of Lake Pend Oreille). The height of the ice dam typically approached 610 metres (2,000 ft), flooding the valleys of western Montana approximately 320 kilometres (200 mi) eastward. It was the largest ice-dammed lake known to have occurred.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

thats one on land, how many hit the ocean?

How about actually kneeling at the foot of the cross to take a bearing
on the north star...in the constilation of the bear...

an ice chunk the size of manhattan breaks - video
eta duration of calve 75 minutes
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 20-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Danbones
a two mile high piece of ice hitting the water
can you spell tsunami?

whats that huge ice dam that let go in the middle US after the last glacier again?
wiped out the whole territory in like a day repeatedly

Lake Missoula was a prehistoric proglacial lake in western Montana that existed periodically at the end of the last ice age between 15,000 and 13,000 years ago. The lake measured about 7,770 square kilometres (3,000 sq mi) and contained about 2,100 cubic kilometres (500 cu mi) of water, half the volume of Lake Michigan.[1]

The Glacial Lake Missoula National Natural Landmark is located about 68 miles northwest of Missoula, Montana at the north end of the Camas Prairie Valley, just east of Montana Highway 382 and Macfarlane Ranch. It was designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1966 because it contains the great ripples, (often measuring 25 to 50 feet (7.6 to 15.2 m) high and 300 feet (91 m) long), that served as a strong supporting element for J Harlen Bretz's contention that Washington State's Channeled Scablands were formed by repeated cataclysmic floods over only about 2,000 years, rather than through the millions of years of erosion that had been previously assumed.[2]

The lake was the result of an ice dam on the Clark Fork caused by the southern encroachment of a finger of the Cordilleran Ice Sheet into the Idaho Panhandle (at the present day location of Clark Fork, Idaho at the west end of Lake Pend Oreille). The height of the ice dam typically approached 610 metres (2,000 ft), flooding the valleys of western Montana approximately 320 kilometres (200 mi) eastward. It was the largest ice-dammed lake known to have occurred.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

thats one on land, how many hit the ocean?

Actually, they all hit the ocean.

See if you can discover how big the tsunamis were from the various Missoula floods, once they finally hit the Pacific.

And, yes, a big enough piece of ice hitting the ocean can cause a tsunami. But tsunamis don't cover anything up with sea water, they just wash over it and recede. In fact, a tsunami would leave plenty of evidence of any civilization it affected - mostly at the high water mark.

Tsunamis aren't permanent, and they don't hit everywhere. A Tsunami in the pacific wouldn't touch a culture on the shore of the Atlantic.

Now, please explain to me exactly how we have evidence of a culture existing before the Altai ice dam flood.

How about actually kneeling at the foot of the cross to take a bearing
on the north star...in the constilation of the bear...

I gave you the known etymology. If 6you want to fabricate your own, go ahead. But, it certainly can't be considered valid.

Harte

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

There are some flaws in your logic,
first off, a two kilometer tall ice sheet doesn't calve a two kilometer iceberg. The main portion of the lauentide sheet was thousands of miles from the coast. Look to modern Antarctica for a good example, the ice is more than mile thick , but the glaciers are only a few hundred feet thick at the ocean.
And when iceburgs calve they are already in the water, so no displacement , no displacement no wave.
Secondly the lake Missoula floods were a regular occurance, happening every 150 years or so for thousands of years.
And it wasn't the only glacial lake in north America or the world, nor was it the largest .
The west Siberian glacial lake spanned Eurasia from the from north east Siberia all the way to med via the black sea, Caspian sea and lake Baikal.
Tsunamis leave one heck of a trace on coastlines, the huge chevrons made of deep sea sediments on Madagascar and Australia and in India are evidence for something catastrophic happening in the 3rd millennia bc.
There is an archeologist who makes an argument that troys massive walls were in response to a series of tsunamis that pummeled early cities in Turkey.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sorry my post was stupid, seems other people are discussing a theory I believe in already. I should have read the entire thread instead of the first post, and then commenting.
edit on 21-2-2014 by DonVoigt because: deleted post i had originally used after reading someone posting the same thing already

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Hanslune

Wait, wait, wait,

Hold the phone

You can't just do a drive by posting....

Forget it, he's gone

Hey Slayer

Sorry I missed this last week how can I help?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There are two key dates for a global flood, around 6500.bC and around 3250.bC.

Here is some evidence for 3250, which is also near the Chaldean/Septuagint flood date of 3180. The average date from the following is 3190.bC.

Some key geological reports around 3250.bC.

3300 Europe, Belgian coast (sea level)
3300 Global, July summer cooling, Soviet Union (cold)
3300 California, Mid Holocene wet (warm, cold)
3300 California, San Francisquito Bay (sea level)
3270 New England, Elm collapse (cold)
3250 Europe, Piora oscillation, Europe (flood)
3250 Europe, Newgrange start (archeology)
3250 Global, Atmospheric methane (cold, warm)
3250 Global, Sulfate in GISP2 (cold)
3250 Global, Stormy weather (flood)
3250 Egypt, Egypt Nile delta (sea level)
3250 New England, Hemlock decline New England (cold)
3250 Florida, Pine bursts (cold)
3250 Peru, Huascaran glacier (cold)
3250 California, Santa Barbara basin off the coast (cold)
3212 Europe, French coastal megaliths (archeology)
3200 Ireland, Cessair (flood myth)
3200 Mesopotamia, Tigris-Euphratres (warm, dry)
3200 Missouri', Pomme de Terre River (flood)
3199 Europe, Irish oaks (cold)
3190 Global, Heckla eruption, Iceland (cold)
3160 California, Sunnyvale girl (archeology)
3150 Europe, Iceman of the Alps (cold)
3150 Global, Sulphate spike (cold)
3150 Greenland, Camp Century, Greenland (cold)
3150 Global, Paleoclimatic flood, global (flood)
3150 Turkey, Lake Van Oscillation (flood)
3150 USA, SW, SW US flood peak (flood)
3113 Mexico, Mayan recreation (flood myth)
3110 China, Yangtze River (flood)
3100 Europe, Stonehenge (start) (archeology)
3100 Greenland, GISP ice core (warm, cold, warm)
3100 Egypt, Egypt, Unification (archeology)
3100 Nebraska, Republican River, (flood)
3100 California, Sierra cooling (cold)
3100 USA, End of alluvial period (dry, warm)
3100 Boston, Sticks from fish wier (warm, cold, sea level)
3090 Egypt, Egypt, Nile (flood)

source; www.stanford.edu...

The species with amnesia are the Atlanteans from Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This is great.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Now, please explain to me exactly how we have evidence of a culture existing before the Altai ice dam flood.

Harte

Ancient tools and bones found in Florida

The ancient tools and bone are 14,550 years old, they reported Friday in the journal Science Advances, making them the most ancient human remnants ever found in the southeastern United States. The researchers say the find is unequivocal proof that people were in Florida more than 1,000 years earlier than anyone had imagined — a discovery that could help rewrite the history of humans on the continent.

By the time archaeologists reached the 14,500-year-old stratum, they began to find objects they say could only have come from humans: five sharpened rocks that were carried in from elsewhere in the region, and a double-sided stone knife, or biface, that would have been among the most advanced technologies of the time. The team then re-examined the mastodon tusk found by Webb and Dunbar (who was also part of this excavation) and determined that it was most likely butchered by humans.

May 13, 2016

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Predictably, I'm going to take Hartes side on this, there was no huge flood at the end of the last ice age, for two reasons
1. We are still in the ice age, it didn't end yet
2. Because shoreline data says there wasn't.

See for yourself, the data used for these animations are the same data that Graham used in underworld, where he selectively used pictures thousands of years apart to claim there was a big flood. He lied, he continues to lie, he is a liar

Here's the scientific proof, that it took thousands of years to flood anything

INDONESIA

I think this one is the most interesting which is why I posted it first, as you can see, it was probably a bit easier for the Australian aborigines to reach Australia than you may have been led to believe

EUROPE

SOUTH EAST ASIA

CARIBBEAN

Seeing as Hancock had all this exact data in 2001 when he wrote "Underworld", it seems that it isn't our species that has Amnesia, its just him...

Now here's an absolute fact that you won't hear discussed here very much because people don't tend to get into the minutiae of history.
The book of Noah was based on the flood of Gilgamesh
The flood of Gilgamesh was based on the flood of Upnapishtim
The flood of Upnapishtim was based on the flood of Atrahasis
The flood of Atrhasis is based on the flooding of the river Euphrates, which is well attested both archaeologically and textually
All of them global except for the original, because, things get bigger in the retelling

So any flood based on any of those originals can be traced back to a river flood and that covers pretty much all of the flood stories from the middle east..

edit on 5-6-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Very interesting. This is why I think archaeologists should consult with other disciplines before making definitive decisions on any given site.

They do.

That's why I recommend that people join a local archaeological society - to see how it's actually done.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

See, for me when I read about the Library of Alexandria's destruction or of Ancient Chinese rulers burning all literature or later of the Spanish/Church destroying all the Aztec codices I can imagine collaborative information for such prehistoric events lost to humanity for all times.

My Point Exactly ! Slayer ... of all the Unsolved Ancient Mystery Around the World !
The Library of Alexandria with all it wonder Could of Solved most of the Riddles

Probably not.

Although Alexandria was a center of research and learning, this was in 300 BC and later. The library was stocked with books - any ship that came into port was searched for books and the books were confiscated and put in the library. Copies were made and then sent back to the original owner.

So all that knowledge was actually from around the known world and pieces and bits may still exist elsewhere from books that were shared around the world. There was original work as well, but the whole library was not made up of original works. Also, scholars from elsewhere came to research, so the knowledge was both flowing into the Library and out of the library.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

See, for me when I read about the Library of Alexandria's destruction or of Ancient Chinese rulers burning all literature or later of the Spanish/Church destroying all the Aztec codices I can imagine collaborative information for such prehistoric events lost to humanity for all times.

My Point Exactly ! Slayer ... of all the Unsolved Ancient Mystery Around the World !
The Library of Alexandria with all it wonder Could of Solved most of the Riddles

Probably not.

Although Alexandria was a center of research and learning, this was in 300 BC and later. The library was stocked with books - any ship that came into port was searched for books and the books were confiscated and put in the library. Copies were made and then sent back to the original owner.

So all that knowledge was actually from around the known world and pieces and bits may still exist elsewhere from books that were shared around the world. There was original work as well, but the whole library was not made up of original works. Also, scholars from elsewhere came to research, so the knowledge was both flowing into the Library and out of the library.

Right that what I heard around the location of the Library there was a Port trade Hub ..
yearning for knowledge .. they confiscated those books, Scrolls , parchments what have you,
and Copied them .. but not sure if there were a guarantee ,to go back to their rightful owner ..

The Library Itself was a Major cache of Literature of Knowledge ..

There was another Center Hub for Knowledge that would be the ( ANCIENT ) Middle East ..
Most of the Library were Destroyed and Torched by Muslims ..

I know WIKI ,, LOL

but Quick n Easy

List of destroyed libraries
en.wikipedia.org...

List of libraries in the ancient world
en.wikipedia.org...

now its Happening again, from the middle east torching libraries..

One Word : ISIS !!!

well to bad the Public doesn't have access of all the Sumerian Cuneiform text translated
from Tablets and such and the Ancient India Sanskrit .. Just Commoners just hear bits and Pieces ...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

well to bad the Public doesn't have access of all the Sumerian Cuneiform text translated
from Tablets

Been available for about 15 years
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

from Tablets and such and the Ancient India Sanskrit .. Just Commoners just hear bits and Pieces ...

You do... you just have to know where to look. That's the hard part. If you want to make it easy on yourself, take (or audit) a university course and the profs will be glad to overload you with source material. You'll be shocked at just how much there is.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

from Tablets

Been available for about 15 years
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

Please .. LOL yeah OK ...

I guess you missed this part on the Link you posted

(ETCSL), a project of the University of Oxford, comprises a selection of nearly 400 literary compositions recorded on sources which come from ancient Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) and date to the late third and early second millennia BCE.

400, Recorded .. at Oxford what about the ones that are not Recorded ???

didn't you see this site ???

You know that Cornell placed up their own recordings
and some Cuneiform Archives from other collections too..

Cornell University Archaic Tablets
cuneiform.library.cornell.edu...
( some are dead ends to the Tablets )

from the site...

219, Cornell University Archaic Tablets
3,080 est Early Dynastic and Early Sargonic Tablets from Adab in the Cornell University Collections
194, Recorded - Combined from Cornell university , (CDLI), UCLA
89, from the Dūr-Abiešuḫ Archives
1400, from the Garšana Collection Collection
434, Archive of the Classical Sargonic Tablets
94?, Lexical Texts in the Schøyen Collection

so a a big guess total 5,910 combined, including oxford

Here is the Inventory List from the Site of Cornell University ..
cuneiform.library.cornell.edu...

Ohh and this too..
hundreds photographed in David I. Owen Photo Archive

that im I am Talking about ..

and your showing me a Evil Devil Sign .. Please...

as there claims there is about Least 10,000 Tablets from Cornell and what about the rest of them ???

Ohh NOOOOSSS!!!! have fun getting at them now! ( 3 years ago )

Cornell to return 10,000 ancient tablets to Iraq
Forfeiture of private collection detailing ancient daily life may be largest return of antiquities by a U.S. university.
November 03, 2013|By Jason Felch
articles.latimes.com...

yet again Ancient History Possibly Lost in the Making

Stupidity on Cornell University Part !!
returning them back to a Now Fundamentalist ( ISIS ) Country is insane
even it they were looted.. they would of been safer at Cornell ..

Muslims !!

Pol-i-Khomri Public Library - Taliban

Ahmed Baba Institute (Timbuktu library) Islamists militia

Iraq National Library and Archive, Al-Awqaf Library,
Central Library of the University of Baghdad,
Library of Bayt al-Hikma,
Central Library of the University of Mosul and other libraries
Looted and Burned by the population

So far Booking burning and Destroying from the cause of the ISIS

Mosul University libraries
and private Libraries
Libraries in Anbar Province
Mosul public library
(Central Public Library in Ninawa)
BYRD :: yeah I here yeah... and your Right...
Extremely hard Now, of knowing were to Look, seeing The Sumerian Assyrian Babylonian
Tablets probably now, are back in Iraq and RE-- Looted and Destroyed Now ( Originals )
Sadly The Tablets were Right in Our back Yard
( well close to my yard from Ithaca NY to where I live est.. 4 hour drive )
well thankfully we have photographs to decipher them
( thats if they are all Photographed all 10,000 of them )

from the Cornell's University Site, Digital Cuneiform
The Inventory List ...

Seems like that Tablets were Records from a Farmers Market

Livestock , Grain Flour Cereal Barley and Such ..

as I said Sadly there were alot of Holding Storage to Library's within the Middle east
that were Destroyed and Torched , from Conquering to Crusades and Raids
from Islamic to Christianity .. through the Centuries ..

edit on 22016TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago6158 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
well this is interesting

one of the few earliest writings ..

7270-year-old Tablet Found in Kastoria Calls into Question History of Writing

By Stella Tsolakidou - Jul 16, 2012
- See more at: greece.greekreporter.com...
greece.greekreporter.com...

Amnesia...

because of Our History being Lost
from Religious Fundamentalist
and Dumbing down the population for Control !!
by Burning and Destroying History !! our Past written records

Knowledge up in Flames !

List of book-burning incidents
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join