It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Liquesence

She is convicted of murder...that is the fact.
To me it is ok to call her a murderer and call that a fact because she has been convicted in court.
BTW it isn't counted as double jeopardy in her case seeing as it is a continuation of the original trial.
edit on 30-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Then you will be happy to know that MMR vaccines cause autism:

Italian Court rules that MMR Vaccine caused Autism

Valentino Bocca was given an MMR shot in 2004, at the age of 15 months. According to his parents, the change in his behavior was immediate. That same night he refused to eat, and he developed diarrhea during the night. It quickly went downhill from there. Within days he was no longer able to put a spoon to his mouth, and he spent nights crying in pain. His parents immediately suspected the vaccination, but were told this was “impossible.” Valentino progressively regressed, and received the diagnosis of autism a year later.

In the final analysis, the Italian Health Ministry disagreed with the initial conclusion of the pediatrician, conceding that the vaccine was at fault.

As a result, a court in Rimini, Italy recently awarded the Bocca family a 15-year annuity totaling 174,000 Euros (just under $220,000), plus reimbursement for court costs, ruling that Valentino “has been damaged by irreversible complications due to vaccination (prophylaxis trivalent MMR)i.” According to a featured article in the UK newspaper, The Independentii, about 100 similar cases are now being examined by Italian lawyers, and more cases may be brought to court.

If a court makes a verdict, obviously that verdict is foolproof.
edit on 30-1-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm absolutely not going to stand up for Europe or Italy on this. It's farcical, comedy justice - but not funny in the slightest, for those on trial or Meredith's family.

A contaminated crime scene, botched forensics, wild conjecture presented as evidence. I've no idea if Amanda Knox is guilty or not. No-one can be or ever will be sure thanks to the way the case has been conducted. So on that basis, not guilty.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Points to note :

Raffaeli Sollecito had his sentence of 25 years reduced to 17 after formally apologising to Meredith Kertchers family

Amanda Knox did not (presumably) apologise and her sentence remained at 26 years, An extra year for lying about a bar manager and trying to frame him for being at the scene off the murder when it was later clearly established he wasn't.

These two aide and abetted in murder alright,

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Murder is the ultimate issue to play with extradition on. Especially with a nation that is an ally and a fairly strong one at that. I mean, really, can we have one ally left in the world? Err.. even Italy?

**Firmly jams tongue-into-cheek** Are you talking about those guys that willingly took sides with Hitler? With friends like that ... who needs enemies?

I'm siding with JayinAR on this one. His post www.abovetopsecret.com... is spot-on.

I also think this is good for Ms. Knox. Nothing more fitting than having to sweat the fear of the unknown. Everybody knows she had a hand in it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The whole case should be thrown out; marred by farcical incompetence from the get-go.

I think it unlikely Knox/Sollecito had anything to do with it, but even if they did no one can be sure now because the investigation was conducted in such a breathtakingly amateur manner (interviews not video/audio recorded, no lawyer present, problems with translation, cross-contamination and incorrect storage of vital evidence).

Rudy Guede helpfully left his DNA all over the place, they got him bang to rights, case closed.

As to Knox's extradition - forget it.

It's not going to happen.
edit on 30.1.2014 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This was a gigantic sham from the get go. What was it again, oh yeah, "a satanic sex cult". This delusional scumbag and let's not beat around the bush, incompetent, sociopathic, bat # crazy prosecutor who is now knee deep in legal troubles started this absurdity. And the Kangaroo court is just too proud to admit they were wrong so they play with these kids lives like it's a game. It's just like the Salem witch trials. I just feel sorry for her boyfriend. A talented, intelligent life wasted by these #bags. Amanda will be fine as long as she doesn't leave the States.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I think the letter of law between the nations should be what carries. From what I was following earlier on a small blog at a law school, Article VI in the Italian-American extradition treaty may be a legal basis of saying no. If that works, it's all a moot point and she stays regardless, as I'd understand it.

If that doesn't apply, then I think it comes down to the rest of the treaty as agreed to and ratified. Unlike some nations, our Constitution doesn't prohibit extradition of citizens ...and probably good for that. We're the last nation to really push that issue at this moment in history, IMHO. We didn't even extradite in recent cases. We just rendered people and they woke up in a whole new part of the world sometimes.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

How is is a retail. She was acquitted. If it were a retrial she poo uld have remained in custody and not been allowed to come back to US.

It would be oooo uncle jeopardy in the states everyone knows that. Its even noted in yhe msm.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Uhm.. Article VI: "ARTICLE VI
Non Bis in Idem
Extradition shall not be granted when the person sought has been
convicted, acquitted or pardoned
, or has served the sentence imposed, by
the Requested Party for the same acts for which extradition is requested. "

Was Amanda Knox in jail in the US for murder? Could you provide a link to the blog in question, please? Because I don't understand the logic in this case.

Nevertheless:
* Even if anyone has doubts, do you think that the USA should withhold a person from extradition just because "they don't feel like it"?
* Do you think that the opinion of the MSM should override treaties with other countries?
* How would you comment on other states doing this with persons persecuted in the USA of murder - no extradition to the USA?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Because the Supreme Court overturned the verdict. She wasn't aquitted by the jury in the original trial, she was aquitted by a judge on appeal.

The Supreme Court overturned the appeal due to evidentiary issues. It was a retrial.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dude77

An aquittal in the US can too be overturned for various reasons and can be appealed. It has happened but is rare. It is also not double jeopardy if it hsppens.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This also means she can never leave the country , if she travels abroad authorities can get her and extradite her. Both UK and Germany extradite to Italy.

Course thats no big deal I'm nearly 40 and have never been outside the state I live much less have money to go abroad.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Apologies for being completely off topic but would it be odd if I was to say I find miss Knox quite attractive. Wouldn't know what I'd do if she attacked me definitely a hot killer
edit on 31-1-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
How anybody can look at the FACTS in this case and think Knox and Sollecito are guilty is beyond me.

Rudy Guede clearly did it, and is currently in jail for it. Yes, Knox and Sollecito made a few errors in their fear of having just been arrested (such as blaming it on the bar owner) but when one looks deeply at the FACTS it is more than clear that these two are NOT GUILTY.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on your point of view while reading the details of the case. Those with a predetermined mindset that she is innocent will see no evidence or case against her, whereas those with no view or who believe in her guilt see the actions of someone who is guilty and see the evidence of guilt.
Yes the Italians screwed up, that does not mean she is innocent.
They were convicted for a reason, and acquitted on appeal due to technicalities, mainly due to the contamination and mishandling of the evidence by the Italians.
There are so many inconsistencies in her story of that night.

Personally, I believe she is guilty as sin, and was lucky to get away with murder. She should be extradited without question, as opinion and media spin should have no relevance in that decision.

I come to that conclusion from reading all the details of the case facts, interviews, and witness statements at the time, not from any bias.

Gotta love the US media spin on her......painted as an innocent sweet girl caught up in horrible circumstances, where in reality, she was as much involved as Guede, and deserves to go to hell for what she did.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Actions of an innocent man??? Don't think so.........

Kercher 'Killer' Sollecito 'Stopped At Border'

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

If you were facing a life sentence for a crime you did not commit in a country where the courts seem to favour the absurd rather than the factual, wouldn't you try to leave the country also?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by boymonkey74

Wow, just wow. Poor girl.

Your thoughts are only with Knox. Were is your concern for the family of the young woman who was actually murdered.
Not a single word you have uttered.

Sickening.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Eh.. well however she got home she is here to stay. They treated her terrible and she was obviously innocent.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

alldaylong

Your thoughts are only with Knox. Were is your concern for the family of the young woman who was actually murdered.
Not a single word you have uttered.

Sickening.

Did it cross your mind that it is a disservice to Meredith Kercher and her family for the wrong people to be convicted? That jailing an innocent couple serves NOBODY justice?

By showing support to Knox and Sollecito it does NOT, in any way shape or form, show that we do not care about or show concern for the murdered girl and her family - quite the opposite actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join