It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Being convicted of murder doesn't mean one has committed murder (or any crime for that matter).

That she is convicted of murder is a fact, but that doesn't mean she is in fact a murderer. Because no innocent person has ever been convicted in the history of trial. If every person ever convicted was guilty of the crime of which they were convicted, your logic would stand.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Viesczy

Jefferton
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is your opinion. Not fact.

Flyers Fan has beaten me to the reply, but he is spot on with what he said.

From the hours of interrogations w/o legal presence on her behalf to no direct physical evidence of being the culprit... what else is needed?

Have you read up on the antics of Giuliano Mignini even?

Derek

Watch the TV interviews she has given since she returned home. Then look at her eyes.
They are the eyes of a liar.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'm not completely sure what to make of it. My personal opinion (and it is no apologies or excuses just an opinion), is that the media spat out a sensationalized, sleazy narrative and got it in people's heads, and now the prosecutors, the court, the media and to a point the Italian people have a vested professional and/or emotional interest in maintaining that narrative; regardless of what the truth may be at this point.

That story gained steam like a locomotive, judgment was compromised and there were some definite Kangaroo-court aspects to the first trial because of it.

I know full well I could be wrong here, but I'll stick my neck out and say I don't think she is guilty. I don't buy it.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

alldaylong

Viesczy

Jefferton

From the hours of interrogations w/o legal presence on her behalf to no direct physical evidence of being the culprit... what else is needed?

Derek

Watch the TV interviews she has given since she returned home. Then look at her eyes.

Im glad that we dont convict people because of their EYES. We usually use evidence.... and in this case, evidence is sorely lacking.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

alldaylong

Interesting, you see a liar and I see scared. I suppose the juxtaposition is a nod to the fallibility of perception if nothing else.
edit on 30-1-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think Knox IS guilty. She has constantly changed her story on several occasions. She ruined the life of a barman by accusing him of being in on the murder and he has lost his business and is now unemployed. It is alledged that she did cartwheels shortly after being arrested and then there are the pictures of her and the boyfriend kissing each other after the murder. It is very strange behaviour and I believe this points to something not being right at all. I feel sorry for the family of Meredith Kercher. They have lost a loved one. She will never come back. And to be honest it is all a complete mess.

However I do feel USA should honour any extradition requests and be forced to send Knox back to Italy. After all the USA plays merry hell when they want someone from another country and wont stop until they have their way. I'm sorry but being American does not give one immunity from international criminal justice system. You either honour a treaty or stop insisting on having people sent to USA for crimes committed on American soil. This is the sort of thing that is annoying the world at the moment and shows the USA as being the global bully.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

redhorse

alldaylong

Interesting, you see a liar and I see scared. I suppose the juxtaposition is a nod to the fallibility of perception if nothing else.

Have you ever heard the expression " The Eyes Don't Lie"
Look it up if you havn't

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

The US is the global bully? In this case Italy is looking the bully, and I would bet the Italian people are as divided on this case as we at ATS seem to be.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That's a laugh. THey obviously are innocent. That whole investigation was a joke.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i wonder what a body language expert would say about her interviews, she did seem to be hiding something or lying. if i remember correctly there were many things about her actions right after the murder that seemed very shady to say the least.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They look guilty , very guilty.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
amanda knox managed to get away with murder by using the oldest trick in the book.

just blame the black guy.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Just of the top of my head, the Itailan court has only made
itself look wishy washy and incompetent. If she's guilty they
botched it up by letting her out and letting her go home.

Then they put her on trial again? And find her guilty again?

WTF are they do'in over there?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Haven't really followed the case but hasn't she given several versions of her story - lied, implicated innocent people & isn't there some physical evidence against her DNA - not sure. Would probably say she knows more than she is saying at the least and may have done it.

But wasn't the prosecutor a whack job and my have been disbarred during this process.

With all that would just give her time served 4 years and call it a day cause the case was so screwed up from the beginning.
edit on 30-1-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Food for thought:

This Italian judicial system is the same kangaroo court that convicted six scientists of manslaughter for failing to give adequate warning for an earthquake.

Six scientists and a government official were sentenced to six years in prison for manslaughter by an Italian court on Monday for failing to give adequate warning of an earthquake that killed more than 300 people in L'Aquila in 2009.

www.reuters.com...

Seems to me that the Italian justice system feels that they can try anyone for anything and if they don't get the result they want, then they simply keep trying.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

And you honestly think that Italy gave her a fair trial?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
I think Knox IS guilty. She has constantly changed her story on several occasions. She ruined the life of a barman by accusing him of being in on the murder and he has lost his business and is now unemployed. It is alledged that she did cartwheels shortly after being arrested and then there are the pictures of her and the boyfriend kissing each other after the murder. It is very strange behaviour and I believe this points to something not being right at all. I feel sorry for the family of Meredith Kercher. They have lost a loved one. She will never come back. And to be honest it is all a complete mess.

However I do feel USA should honour any extradition requests and be forced to send Knox back to Italy. After all the USA plays merry hell when they want someone from another country and wont stop until they have their way. I'm sorry but being American does not give one immunity from international criminal justice system. You either honour a treaty or stop insisting on having people sent to USA for crimes committed on American soil. This is the sort of thing that is annoying the world at the moment and shows the USA as being the global bully.

REally? The US always gets their way?

I am sure the families of Bowe Bergdahl , Amir Hekmati, Warren Weinstein would love to know that.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

rupertg
amanda knox managed to get away with murder by using the oldest trick in the book.

just blame the black guy.

This is absolutely absurd.

The black guy in this case OBVIOUSLY did it. There was absolutely ZERO evidence that supported Knox did it and plenty of evidence to support the black guy did it.

The DNA in the toilet belonged to that black guy. His story was that he came in and found the murder and used the bathroom. Come on. Who doooes that? Then he didn't call 911.

What they did was take a sex crime between the black guy and the victim and tried to turn it into a 1980s style satanic panic sexy slaying.

it was a circus.
edit on 30-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Of course she shouldn't go back.
She is innocent and they want to lock her up. They are trying to turn it around because they did such an embarassing job the first time.

All DNA evidence pointed toward the third party (the black guy) having done it (not the restaurant owner - the other lighter skinned black guy).

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

alldaylong

Viesczy

Jefferton

Derek

People see what they want too see. That is the most ridiculous claim.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join