It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher murder.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

conspiracy nut
i wonder what a body language expert would say about her interviews, she did seem to be hiding something or lying. if i remember correctly there were many things about her actions right after the murder that seemed very shady to say the least.

The only shady thing after her murder was her and her boyfriend holding each other and kissing while standing outside of the police take at the crime scene. Just taking comfort together that a friend was killed.

The loony Italian police took it as a "they are getting off on this - look at us we are third grade level profilers - der der der."

Then they tortured/ physically and psychology odd statements out of her. Lying to her and so forth, interrogating for hours with not sleep, relief, or council.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I followed the case to a limited extent, enough to see the evidence was lacking. I have seen the photos of somewhat weird behavior while locked up, but who really knows how they themselves would act if incarcerated and convicted of murder?

Not sure how I feel about her being extradited after being found not guilty but we have to remember that Italy's' justice system is not ours. Perhaps they can try her multiple times until they get their conviction? I would fight extradition tooth and nail and expect my country to do the same.

Lastly, here in the U.S. we have repeatedly tried to enact laws, with varying outcomes, to exclude foreign laws from being used in our courts. So couldn't we just demand their courts to follow our laws and if they refuse call racism and stuff???

link   

FlyersFan

boymonkey74
.so should she go back and face the music?

No. She spent four years in jail for a crime she didn't commit. She was convicted on gossip and anti-American bias in the newspapers there. Nothing more. Looking at the facts of the case, it's really insane that she was charged at all.

I agree. I believe they have the murderer in prison. The Rudy guy. Sorry, I can't ever remember his name. I believe he worked alone. She was very young & under a huge amount of pressure when questioned for hours. She had no criminal history here, why would she suddenly have one there?? I know there's much disagreement on this case, this is just my opinion.

link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Wow.. tell me about your home planet. You are the first Martian I have ever met.

No wonder your land is so barren Martians must not have much in the way of common sense or critical thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Aleister

chiefsmom

My heart goes out to the victims family. This has been drug out far to long, with no "real" justice for them.

They had justice, the murderer was tried and convicted. It just wasn't Knox or her former boyfriend.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Yes this exactly.

They caught the murderer. They caught him with DNA and everything.

They just wanted to try to pull off their crazy sensational "sex orgy theory" which made zero sense. That is why they are trying to pull the other two in.

They caught the murderer guys, WITH DNA. Meanwhile NO evidence against Knox.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

The Fifth Ammendment doesn't protect you from a retrial in cases of a mistrial or procedural error, which the Italian court ruled this to be. It prevents you from being arrested and charged a second time.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Liquesence

She is convicted of murder...that is the fact.
To me it is ok to call her a murderer and call that a fact because she has been convicted in court.
BTW it isn't counted as double jeopardy in her case seeing as it is a continuation of the original trial.
edit on 30-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Uh.. where did you hear that lie? Or did you just make it up? She was acquitted. That is why she is in the US.
She never deserved to be arrested in the first place. Poor police work got her locked up, then they found the real murderer, but rather than admit their mistake they tried to fabricate a wacky conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The Fifth Ammendment doesn't protect you from a retrial in cases of a mistrial or procedural error, which the Italian court ruled this to be. It prevents you from being arrested and charged a second time.

Knox was acquitted, then their highest court ordered a new trial.

Italy's highest criminal court ordered a whole new trial for Amanda Knox and her former Italian boyfriend on Tuesday, overturning their acquittals in the gruesome slaying of her British roommate.

www.foxnews.com...

I don't know how the legal system works in Italy, but in the US this is considered double jeopardy.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No, a new trial based on new evidence is double jeopardy. A retrial because someone screwed up is not. The Italian Supreme Court overturned the acquital based on evidentiary issues. That means this is still the first trial.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
but it was still an acquittal .. italian law allowed them to overturn it but you can't overturn an acquittal here so I don't see how the U.S. sends her back based on the double jeopardy standard

Zaphod58

No, a new trial based on new evidence is double jeopardy. A retrial because someone screwed up is not. The Italian Supreme Court overturned the acquital based on evidentiary issues. That means this is still the first trial.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The U.S. won't send her back, but now she has to give up traveling outside of the U.S. or make some very careful agreements and arrangements with each and every nation she ever plans to visit. She seemed to love Europe, so not being able to go there anymore is both an unfair punishment and a reason why Italy should finally just give up on this case.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Here in the US that woman would have never been arrested and everyone knows that.
The Italians botched the job entirely from the get and the miniscule amount of DNA found on that knife would be inadmissable for more than one reason.

She was acquitted. She will lawyer up with top-knotch legal representation, fight extradition and likely never step another foot in Italy.

Do I believe she had a hand in the murder? Possibly. She lived a very sheltered life here in the states until she went to Italy. A lot of times those types of people go absolutely wild once they gain the freedom of being away from home. But I gotta call a spade a spade here, if she killed Kercher, she got away with it. No way she is extradited. Any lawyer worth his salt will clearly show that Italian job to be a complete mockery of what we here term a "judicial system."
Extradition treaty or not, this situation reminds me of something like being accused of being a witch in Haiti and the US Gov just handing you over to be killed

All that said, it is very interesting that she tried to frame an innocent man. I think she is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It will be interesting to see what happens down the road for her here in the states now. You know she will be thoroughly scrutinized.

Not only was she doing cartwheels and the splits in the police station, sitting on her boyfriends lap and kissing dude after her "friend" had just been murdered, but one cop said she was doing a sexy dance outside the house right after it happened.

Crazy stuff. I would probably steer clear of her if I ever met her.

ETA: Another thing I find very interesting are the notes she took in the police station.comments about wanting to write a song about it all and being so hungry she would "kill for a pizza."

That is pretty smart. It appears wreck less, but she is already paving the road for her allegations of police coersion and abuse. "See they aren't feeding me".

She freakin knew they would take that notebook away. Who wouldn't.

Even the comment about the song is strange. She said it would be her first song and it would be profound to her because of how traumatic it all is.

Sounds to me like someone gloating.
edit on 30-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dude77

They can be overturned in the US as well, the difference is that here the standards are very high to do it. I have heard of a couple of cases where it happened though. There is no double jeopardy here though since it is a retrial.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Wow, just wow. Poor girl.

Guilty, then innocent, then guilty again. I really feel for this woman after getting her previous conviction overturned only to have an over zealous court try her again for the third time with a conviction. What a joke of a justice system in Italy. I wish I had the money to travel there so I could say I would never travel there.

I hope the US doesn't extradite her. If I were her in that case, I don't know what...change identity and go into hiding? I also feel for her parents who've been practically bankrupted by the kangaroo court to defend their daughter. Maaaan what a shame. God Speed Amanda, god speed.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Oh I agree. She may not have stuck the knife in, but she is far from the wide eyed innocent girl she tries to pass herself off as.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
you can't keep going after someone on the same charge after they've been acquitted here .. once you're found not guilty, it's over .. from what I'm reading, there was an acquittal in her case.. no way does the U.S. send her over there based on that

Zaphod58
reply to post by dude77

They can be overturned in the US as well, the difference is that here the standards are very high to do it. I have heard of a couple of cases where it happened though. There is no double jeopardy here though since it is a retrial.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What about the parents of the poor girl she has been found guilty of murdering?.
She tries to paint this picture of poor me but I just see it as guilt, she lied and lied under questioning, tried to set someone else up for it and her money has gotten her off...for now.
I hope she does get extradited and serves the time in jail like she deserves.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dude77

If there is a procedural error in the trial the verdict can be overturned and often is. You can't rearrest them on the same charges but if the verdict is overturned the first trial never happened. The Italian court found problems with the evidence and statements made in the original trial which got the verdict overturned and a new trial ordered.

A retrial is NOT double jeopardy except in some cases of a mistrial.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm sorry, but she has been acquitted. The posturing by the Italian courts is borderline obscene. There is no evidence linking her to anything and the dude that actually did it has been caught red handed.

If she did the crime I agree she needs to do the time. But while I think she may have had a hand in it, there is nothing to suggest she did other than the rantings of a man who has somehow convinced himself this was a satanic ritual (not even the first OR second time he has argued this nonsense in court) and a legal system that has actually tried scientists for manslaughter for failing to accurately predict an earthquake.

The legal system over there is an absolute farce.

The Kercher family already has closure. The Rudy guy did it. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm a bit late to this so just take my regular two cents for a penny and a half on depreciation.

If the Italians make a formal and legal extradition request and we don't honor whatever the precise text is between nations on extradition matters (and I don't know what that is to a legal degree), we may as well never even bother asking for another criminal in another nation be returned to us. For much of anything...

Murder is the ultimate issue to play with extradition on. Especially with a nation that is an ally and a fairly strong one at that. I mean, really, can we have one ally left in the world? Err.. even Italy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join