It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a mass redistribution of wealth

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

While I can agree with what you say. And its a great OP analogy you have written. Makes sense, and yeah its a problem. Its a problem for those with no socks on their feet, and no food in their belly. The really really poor. Not talking about my kind of my poor.
My kind of poor is this. I live pay check to pay check. But I have food in the house. I have a roof over my head. I have some creature comforts of this world, and I am allowed my vices. But I own no credit cards, I have 0 debt in my life. But I have 0 savings or anything put back either. I am considered poor. Yet what I have in my life, I consider myself very LUCKY.
I have no will for greed, or the desire to ladder step upon others. Just not in my personality. I never have been competitive and never will be. The only reason I would ever want to be rich, is so I would never have to "worry" about my car breaking down, and can not afford to fix it. That feeling of money in my hands, and then by the end of the month.. Poof, all gone! But my bills are paid, but it just starts over next month. Being rich, Id never have to worry about that again. I would not live HIGH on the HOG. Id keep my life the way it is now, only difference is Id not have that worry on my shoulders.

The 1% must be a miserable lot of people. They have so much to lose!! They must hire guards, and hire servants, and pay for their safety. They have to put out at least 10-25% of their wealth, just to keep it. That gives them SOO much more worry than I will ever have. I do not live day to day fear of losing it all. LOL I have nothing to lose. And I do not have enough faith in our system to "save" my money. Why save it when down the road its becomes more and more useless.

These rich people may appear to be happy. But I do not think that is the case. AS they could never live 1 day in my shoes.
Sure I work hard and stuff, and make an honest living. And I live my life pretty much carefree. And is why I do not want their money. My share could go to those who really need it. Those with no homes over their heads, and no food in their bellies.

That is the only way that system could work. People like you and I would have to take it seriously and not fall into the same greed system that befell that 1%.

So I say, with a smile on my face.. Take my share, and give it to those who REALLY need it. I will be fine, and I have been poor all my life. I grew up poor, so I know how to deal with it, and how to navigate the twisty roads of being poor.
That is the only way this could work.. Is by having people like you, and people like me, willing to give up our shares, to those who really NEED it. AT the very least, make all the poor people, on my level of poor.
Its not the greatest, and its no life of luxury, but it sure beats what most of those poor folks have in other countries.

There are far to many that would rook this system, and abuse this system. That the only way it could work, is by propping up the VERY poor.
As us poor folks here on ATS. We have internet connections, and some device to access cyber land.

So maybe not distribute all wealth.. But for the love of God, people are staving to death, and have no roof over their heads. The Rich should at the very least help them all. Each and every last one of them.
Deep down I know.. Its not ever going to happen. Or all those families helped, will in turn have more kids, and over populate the Earth.

Sadly the only real "cure" for being dirt poor, cancer, sickness. Is a LARGE culling of the population of this Earth.

Humans will live on. But under the will of this new control system. They are just having a good time now, as you said in your OP.. Letting us keep on playing.. Even though we are never going to win. They are going to let us pass "go" a few more times, before the culling starts.
Yet that is the only fix in their eyes.. Depopulation. That is their cure..

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thanks for that post about neocons. Really interesting!

I'll have to read more up on it. Maybe my view of conservatives has been too twisted by neocons and FOX news...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

beezzer
According to you, it is now treason to have more than you.

Antigod
Actually you do come across as Beezer suggests.

Then you have trouble reading too. Anyone reading my words will see I'm talking about actual treason. A plot to take over the United States government... Creating laws to make themselves immune.

Shame on you for supporting Beezzer's rewording. The only way you guys can attack me is by first changing what I say.

You guys support the idea of wealthy being above the law, and I don't.
edit on 2-2-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

The 1% must be a miserable lot of people. They have so much to lose!! They must hire guards, and hire servants, and pay for their safety. They have to put out at least 10-25% of their wealth, just to keep it. That gives them SOO much more worry than I will ever have. I do not live day to day fear of losing it all. LOL I have nothing to lose. And I do not have enough faith in our system to "save" my money. Why save it when down the road its becomes more and more useless

The 1% are people like high court judges, top surgeons and good executives. People in this group aren't so conspicously wealthy they need guards, at least not in the UK. Burglar alarms maybe. Probably have a nanny/cleaner and a gardener.

You have a peculiar idea of what the 1% have. It's really only people with assests more than 10 million who need to start worrying about personal safety. There are about 700,000 millionaire households in the UK. Upper middle class stuff.

There was a great program on statitsics that showed even if you removed all just about all the assets from millionaires in the USA by tax, it wouldn't make a significant difference in the wealth of the lower end of society.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

beezzer

Antigod

Then you have trouble reading too. Anyone reading my words will see I'm talking about actual treason. A plot to take over the United States government... Creating laws to make themselves immune.

Shame on you for supporting Beezzer's rewording. The only way you guys can attack me is by first changing what I say.

When did I ever say they should be above the law? Not once.

What I said repeatedly was that they earned the money, and in doing so contribute seriously to the tax income of their home nation, and create employment and wealth. I'm not sure how that comes across as saying they should be above the law.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

40 years ago, I think it is fair to say that most of the people who earned their own fortunes came by it fairly honestly, but not at this time.

Wall street bankers made hundreds of millions through sheer fraud. If you took the time to do some research, this is what you would find.

They steal billions, and get fined hundreds of millions, and no restitution to the victims. That is a very nice profit for their criminal enterprises.

And what about all the money made from illegal drugs, and the laundering of that money?

Ever read about how Rockefeller earned his massive fortune? He was essentially a mob boss. Then a large number of the super rich, like Mitt Romney made their money by robbing pension plans. He should have gone to jail for those dirty practices, and not been running for president.

Sorry, but those who worship of the wealthy are blind to the reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Antigod

spiritualzombie

beezzer

Antigod

What I said repeatedly was that they earned the money, and in doing so contribute seriously to the tax income of their home nation, and create employment and wealth. I'm not sure how that comes across as saying they should be above the law.

So now you're saying, since they contribute seriously to tax income they should be able to write the laws to suit only themselves and control the country? Is that it?

See how annoying that is...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

You accuse me of changing words, definitions, and then you make false accusations yourself!

I stand by my posts.

You just want what others have.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

It was beezzer who claimed the wealthy should not be punished for their crimes.

Then you backed him.

Beezzer is known for creating straw man argument which he attributes to another poster.

I understand what is being written by Spiritualzombie.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

beezzer

spiritualzombie

You accuse me of changing words, definitions, and then you make false accusations yourself!

I stand by my posts.

You just want what others have.

Riiight, Beezzer.

Just admit you have no real ground to stand on. I see you for what you are. A hack. You re-word and misdirect. You have not at all responded to the actual things I'm saying.

You shoot from the hip, right? With zero focus.

Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Antigod

What do you call it when you don't think the bailout should be investigated, that an entire economy could be held on a 7 trillion dollar ransom and these guys take a huge cut just for themselves.

They are above being investigated, arrested, above court... above your scrutiny.

They are allowed to sway law, control legislation, control the country, reward themselves, taking trillions from tax payers for their own greed addiction.

You most definitely do believe they are above the law.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

LOLZ

You are trying to justify theft.

You want to take away something from someone else. You want to frighten the 1%, kill the wealthy.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

beezzer

LOLZ

You want to take away something from someone else. You want to frighten the 1%, kill the wealthy.

Is it theft when it's a judgment ordered by a court?

Are you against all legal investigations or only ones where super wealthy are involved?

Shame on you again for not responding to what I'm actually suggesting.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

Antigod

What do you call it when you don't think the bailout should be investigated, that an entire economy could be held on a 7 trillion dollar ransom and these guys take a huge cut just for themselves.

They are above being investigated, arrested, above court... above your scrutiny.

They are allowed to sway law, control legislation, control the country, reward themselves, taking trillions from tax payers for their own greed addiction.

You most definitely do believe they are above the law.

I think that you are asking for the same people who offered the bailout to fix it. Why do you think the very same government who gave the bailout in the first place would ever fix it?

You do realize that most of us whom you are lambasting as horrible awful people were also likely screaming to high heaven that the bailouts were bad and shouldn't have been done to begin with?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Does your plan just include America or the world?

Are you endorsing a one world government to eliminate all the greedy wealthy people?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

beezzer

LOLZ

Is it theft when it's a judgment ordered by a court?

Are you against all legal investigations or only ones where super wealthy are involved?

Shame on you again for not responding to what I'm actually suggesting.

Was slavery still wrong when the SCOTUS ruled in Dred Scott?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

beezzer

LOLZ

Beezzer's thinking on justice, "You want to put people in cages for not being as nice as you"
Beezzer's thought on pedophilia "You want to imprison people for loving children."

Beezzer, I want you to rub your eyebrows. It might help wake your conscience.

Just callin' it as I see it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

beezzer

Does your plan just include America or the world?

Are you endorsing a one world government to eliminate all the greedy wealthy people?

Looking for a new quote to re-word?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

beezzer

LOLZ

Beezzer's thinking on justice, "You want to put people in cages for not being as nice as you"
Beezzer's thought on pedophilia "You want to imprison people for loving children."

Beezzer, I want you to rub your eyebrows. It might help wake your conscience.

Just callin' it as I see it.

If you want to put words in my mouth, I'll give you my password.

Save you time.

Again, do you want a one world government, or just get the wealthy Americans?

I'm trying to figure out the end-game here.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

ketsuko

You do realize that most of us whom you are lambasting as horrible awful people were also likely screaming to high heaven that the bailouts were bad and shouldn't have been done to begin with?

I'm totally aware of this, which is why I'm stunned that you disagree with me saying they should be investigated, put on trial, and if found guilty, punished.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join