It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It Just Keeps Running and Running"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Mary Rose
reply to post by butcherguy

That word "crackpot" serves no useful purpose in the world of cutting edge science and technology in my opinion.

Ridicule is a fallacy of reason that is used by vested interests so they can continue to be vested interests. That, and sometimes brutal suppression.

If this guy is honest, he is most likely a crackpot.

Otherwise, he a charlatan that is trying to capitalize on the latest version of a long-running hoax.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

This is what his personal website says (googletranslated from german):

"More and more , he was invited by universities, to talk about his work and about his way of thinking , and so he is now professor Engel.

This seemed to have been before his watchmaking period in the late 70's.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"More and more , he was invited by universities, to talk about his work and about his way of thinking , and so he is now professor Engel.

This is all I see at your link:

How did you find your quote to translate?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Click on the quote and it will take you to an index. Click on "der Autor" and then on the link at the bottom with the document icon.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Thank you.

Do I need to install Google Chrome to make good use of Google Translate?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No just go to the website translate.google.com.... Then copy/paste the text into the text box on the left.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

OK I got a translation.

But it doesn't do a very good job, does it:

It said in the bio he learned English.

Maybe I'll try to contact him using that website.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

No, it is very rough but I think that it isn't hard to make out what is being said. There isn't much detail anyway, taking into account that it is a person's whole life in approximately 300 words.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So it seems he was invited to universities because he was so accomplished without a university education and they wanted to know how he did it.

I see him referenced on this website:

Uponor Timeline

1620 Wirsbo Company founded in Virsbo, Sweden.

1968 German inventor, Dr. Thomas Engel, develops a method to chemically crosslink polyethylene.

1972 Wirsbo introduces Engel-method PEX to the European market.

1984 Wirsbo opens its North American operations in Rockford, Ill., and introduces Engel-method PEX for radiant floor heating.

1988 Wirsbo moves to Lakeville, Minn., and is acquired by Uponor, a multinational plastic pipe manufacturing conglomerate operating in 40 factories around the world.

1990 North American headquarters opens in Apple Valley with corporate offices, a manufacturing facility and training center.

1992 Wirsbo of Canada in Regina, Saskatchewan becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Wirsbo North America

1992 The company launches ProPEX® ASTM F1960 expansion fittings into the market.

1993 AquaPEX® plumbing systems become available, offering an alternative to copper, CPVC and other plumbing piping products.

1995 The company launches its first line of engineered polymer (EP) fittings.

2000 AquaSAFE™ Fire Safety Systems provide the first PEX multipurpose plumbing and fire sprinkler system.

2001 Company name changes to Uponor Wirsbo to capitalize on the brand awareness of both companies.

2006 Uponor Wirsbo and Wirsbo of Canada officially become Uponor North America.

2008 Canadian Sales and Marketing offices open in Mississauga, Ontario.

2009 New distribution centers open in Lakeville, Minn. and Calgary, Alberta.

2009 Uponor becomes first to offer complete lead-free plumbing solution from inlet to faucet.

2010 North American headquarters expands the training center and opens 11,000-square-foot Uponor Academy.

2012 Uponor Academy offers CEUs for continuing education.

2013 Manufacturers Alliance Names Uponor as Manufacturer of the Year.

2013 Uponor named to Minneapolis Star Tribune Top 100 Workplaces.

www.uponor-usa.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are times when of people are calling you a crackpot that you're probably close to something good. Most imventors and scientists get ridiculed prior to their breakthroughs.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Fromabove

There are times when of people are calling you a crackpot that you're probably close to something good. Most imventors and scientists get ridiculed prior to their breakthroughs.

I would be happy to be wrong about what I think about him.
It would be great if someone discovered 'free energy'.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
if you replaced the magnets with bevel gears this machine would work the same way. by that i mean it wouldnt work at all.

dumb, no

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

butcherguy

Fromabove

I don't believe in free energy, but that will never stop the quest to find it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Fromabove

butcherguy

Fromabove

I don't believe in free energy, but that will never stop the quest to find it.

I won't dismiss the possibility of the existence of 'free' energy. I think that if found, it will be more like harvesting the suns rays than creating it.
Personally, I think he isn't so much crackpot as charlatan. But since I don't know him personally, it would be hard to say.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
From what I could find so far, it seems he has been Professor of Chemistry at University of Nice, France (sometime in the nineties?).

I've read the original article. The "control mechanism with eight milliamperes at nine volts" is what kills this thing imho.

Rule number one for any over-unity, free energy tinkerers out there should be: Close the friggin loop!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Mary Rose
reply to post by butcherguy

That word "crackpot" serves no useful purpose in the world of cutting edge science and technology in my opinion.

This device has nothing at all to do with the cutting edge of science and technology....

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

moebius
From what I could find so far, it seems he has been Professor of Chemistry at University of Nice, France (sometime in the nineties?).

I don't think that's the same Thomas Engel.

He couldn't have been unless it was an honorary title.

He's self-educated. He learned by experimenting and reading on his own.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

google says:

On November 28, 1990, I heard Professor Thomas Engel, the inventor of PEX plastic, speak in Sweden. The occassion was the Wirsbo-PEX 10 Times Around the World celebration. This is the speech Professor Engel delivered that day. It's a wonderful story.

LINK: www.heatinghelp.com...

Check the pdf from the link.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by moebius

Oh yes, he has spoken at universities for sure. The professor title is an honorary one.

Great find!

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by moebius

That talk must have been at a company event rather than a university.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join