It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Ektar
I tend to lean more towards the astronomical aspects
in regards to the older stones due to how perfectly
the math seems to fit with explanations.

I did not find any more information regarding the tuning fork...just tuning fork.

Cheers
Ektar

I just had a thought - I know, it's rare!
But what if they were just tuning forks?
On this thread the OP (how embarrassing) presents findings from Mae's Howe in Orkney, and the discovery from archeoacoustic researchers that the tombs resonate when a certain note is hummed or chanted. The volunteers reported feelings of transcendence, dizziness etc etc, and it is thought they would have been used for initiation, sacred ceremonies etc.

Would a tuning fork not be the perfect symbol to encapsulate that? Since it was probably used?
Ektar, just kick me now!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

a possibility for certain B
arTHOR and the singing sword...in the stone
I am a sound tech that uses brainwave entrainment professionally
it occurs when sound waves travel around the head tricking the brain into a state inluenced by the cycles per second
Mostly we use headphones or surround sound to do this
At its simplest you go from a couple cycles per second asleep up through relaxation suggestibility, focus etc...to alertness...

The masons did this with math and the geometry of the building, its part of the secret knowledge base along with the cross.
the cross is more of a key then even the few who know of it know

in other words it promotes mystical awakening if used for good
or can be used mind control when used for bad
edit on 22-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
afrikan lung fish get to be some 6 feet long, the south american ones 4 feet would be big
i remember seeing a tv show regarding traveling lung fish in florida i think and how they would curl up in the mud during droughts and looked just like a sandstone ball or round rock till submerged in water or chipped open

they do the land and sea thing

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Arthur and the singing sword in the stone? When we already think Carthimandua is Guinevere?!

But the sound waves, yes, that's exactly what the archeoacoustic engineers concluded - would you use a tuning fork for that, to create a resonating sound?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Officially, tuning forks were invented in 1711 by John Shore, a British Musician. Unofficially, their existence traces back to ancient Celtic and Egyptian times

montalk.net...
this is a good article along the lines you speak of

A tuning fork? possibly except the frequencies I mentioned for brainwave entrainment are too low to be heard, it has to be piggy backed so to speak on chanting, or on a relativley steady, or repetitive sound, I use music or tones or noise...or hypnotist's recordings - along with laser acupuncture, this is how I quit smoking...so it does work.
Two slightly different frequency tones interacting cause beats at the slow speed too, guitar players use this trick to tune up all the time...no beats means exactkly in tune.
This musical math was discovered by pythagoras and really shows up after . 570 BC – c. 495 BC, but the music existed long before this...

while that may or may not be a tuning fork the sound was definitely used as psychacoustics I have always felt it was used but the people of the day would have understood it spiritualy not scientifically the way I see it here and now.

Don't know why im having so much trouble trying to post images ....grrrr
www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...
Here you will see thoth the baboon with a fork and mirror on his head...Im thinking it represents sighting the sun

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Danbones
afrikan lung fish get to be some 6 feet long, the south american ones 4 feet would be big
i remember seeing a tv show regarding traveling lung fish in florida i think and how they would curl up in the mud during droughts and looked just like a sandstone ball or round rock till submerged in water or chipped open

they do the land and sea thing

Yea I hear some species even have hooves and a mane.

Seriously I had thought you understood the meanings behind some of these really not so esoteric at all icons. At least this one is easy to understand.

edit on 22-2-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Sorry. Just had to use this - the first opportunity I've come across!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

hooves?
gotta pic?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Like wow man are you really even reading here? Yea back one page at the bottom top of post....Pictish sea horses with hooves and mane.

Unless you are talking about something else.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just to tie up another loose end:

Thus this bi-lingual inscription records that: "This Sun-Cross (Swastika) was raised to Bil (or Bel, the God of Sun-Fire) by the Kassi (or Cassi-bel[-an]) of Kast of the Siluyr (sub-clan) of the "Khilani" (or Hittite-palace-dwellers), the Phoenician (named) Ikar of Cilicia, the Prwt (or Prat, that is 'Barat' or 'Brihat' or Brit-on)."

More likely to Bel, hence Beltane:

Beltane was one of four Gaelic seasonal festivals: Samhain (~1 November), Imbolc (~1 February), Beltane (~1 May) and Lughnasadh (~1 August). Beltane marked the beginning of the pastoral summer season, when livestock were driven out to the summer pastures.[2][3][4] Rituals were held at that time to protect them from harm, both natural and supernatural, and this mainly involved the "symbolic use of fire".[2] There were also rituals to protect crops, dairy products and people, and to encourage growth. The sí (often described as 'the spirits' or 'the fairies') were thought to be especially active at Beltane (as at Samhain)[2][3] and the goal of many Beltane rituals was to appease the sí. Beltaine was a "spring time festival of optimism" during which "fertility ritual again was important, perhaps connecting with the waxing power of the sun".[1]

Beltane

In Celtic mythology, Bel, Belenos (also Belenus) was a deity worshipped in Gaul, Cisalpine Gaul, and Celtic areas of Austria, Britain and Spain. He is particularly associated with Cornwall, West Cornwall being anciently called Belerion, the place of Bel. He was the Celtic sun god and had shrines from Aquileia on the Adriatic to Kirkby Lonsdale in England.[1][2]
The etymology of the name is unclear. Suggestions include "shining one,"[3] "the bright one"[4] and "henbane god".[5]
In the Roman period he was identified with Apollo.[1] There are currently 51 known inscriptions dedicated to Belenus, mainly concentrated in Aquileia and Cisalpine Gaul, but also extend into Gallia Narbonensis, Noricum, and far beyond.[4]

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Logarock

Like wow man are you really even reading here? Yea back one page at the bottom top of post....Pictish sea horses with hooves and mane.

as B pointed out earlier from one of the pictured carvings one of the characters had a stone that turned into a poisonous eel when wet...and had correspondance to a similar chracterset in south america

i was refering to the actual eels with the horse features, and the features as it relates to the characters eel
and the relationship to the artwork

we have all the other characteristics somewhat corroborated including the mane
if you think there may be such an animal which fits as we have already illustrated AND has hooves
I would like to see a pic

other then that I think the hooves like the square snout are artistic license

if you'ld like to make it a challenge ....lets see those hooves then

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

beansidhe
Just when it all seems to be slowly falling into place, I came across this stone which I hadn't looked at carefully before. Logarock's going to hunt me down and punch me repeatedly for even more diversions, I know, but what is this?

Bottom left of the stone, there seems to be a horned thing in a dress. The stone is only categorised under 'deer' on the database, with no mention of it. I've never seen it before on a stone.

In keeping with our theme here...

Hecate here with lunar horns. Really the negative aspect of all the female goddesses.

Because her devotees practiced such magic wherever three paths joined, Hecate became known to the Romans as Trivia ( tri "three," and via "roads"). Offerings were also made to her wherever evil or murderous activity occurred, as such areas were believed to be magnets of malevolent spirits, something like "haunted houses," and if one wanted to get along with the resident apparitions they needed to make oblations to the ruler of their darkness—Hecate. The acceptance of the oblations was announced by Hecate's familiar (the night owl), and the spooky sound of the creature was perceived as a good omen by those who gathered on the eve of the full moon. Statues of the goddess bearing the triple-face of a dog, a snake, and a horse,

This was because Hecate characterized the unknown night-terrors that roamed the abandoned and desolate highways. She was often depicted as a young maiden with three faces, each pointing in a different direction, a role in which she was the earth-spirit that haunted wherever three paths joined. As the "goddess of three forms" she was Luna (the moon) in heaven, Diana (Artemis) on earth, and Hecate in the underworld. At times of evil magic, she appeared with hideous serpents—spreading demons, encouraging criminal activity, and revealing enigmatic secrets to the crones. At other times she roamed the night with the souls of the dead, visible only to dogs, who howled as she approached. When the moon was covered in darkness, and the hell-hounds accompanied her to the path-beaten crossways, Hecate came suddenly upon the food offerings and dead bodies of murders and suicides that had been left for her by the fear-stricken common-folk. Her hounds bayed, the ghost-torches lit up the night, and the river nymphs shrieked as she carried away the mangled souls of the suicides into the underworld caverns of Thanatos (Death), where the shrills of such damned-ones were known to occupy her presence. In our novel, The Ahriman Gate, we provided a fictionalized account of Hecate in this role:

Good Read

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Danbones

Logarock

i was refering to the actuall eels with the horse features
we have all the other characteristics somewhat corroborated including the mane
if you think there may be such an animal which fits as we have already illustrated AND has hooves
I would like to see a pic

other then that I think the hooves like the square snout are artistic license

if you'ld like to make it a challenge ....lets see those hooves then

This is what I was talking about and probably not what you were referring to.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That is a pic of a carving - those are what I am refering to as artistic representations of the horse eels
( coming out of a mud ball it looks like...?) yep zoom in there and see for your self

Mug Ruith (or Mogh Roith, "slave of the wheel") is a figure in Irish mythology, a powerful blind druid of Munster who lived on Valentia Island, County Kerry. He could grow to enormous size, and his breath caused storms and turned men to stone. He wore a hornless bull-hide and a bird mask, and flew in a machine called the roth rámach, the "oared wheel". He had an ox-driven chariot in which night was as bright as day, a star-speckled black shield with a silver rim, and a stone which could turn into a poisonous eel when thrown in water.

he lived in a time when Irish monks are said to have been crossing the atlantic in round boats and has counterparts in the land of the feathered serpant etc - see the post back one page where i took the quote from

so I suspect that there is an actual animal at the heart of the myth. the horse eels in your pic are no more real then the feathered serpant...
that salamanders are sacred in some cultures is a given, and they look like feathered serpants like the lungfish does...
but that only satisfies part of the requirements for being the origin of the myth

I mention the african lung fish because they are the same size as the ones pictured carved to scale

just like the scarab beetle....carved holding the sun in its pincers...it doesn't actually push the sun
it comes out of a little ball or pushed one around....too or something like that
that might also be B's tuning fork

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Eels don't have split tails. Besides if you cant see that is a "hippocamp" you need to bone up on your Mediterranean civilizations and maybe have your eyes checked out.

edit on 22-2-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

the phonecians we are talking about are from where?
and like I said
ZOOM in
en.wikipedia.org...

though the name by which it is recognised is purely Greek.

the greeks who came way later then the the phonecians named it a hippocamp a horse monster because they didn't know what the hell the stories they heard were about. hell the greeks said troy was them and we know know it wasn't at all it was tin mines in Britian and was the phonecians...
so so much for hippocamp

and we are talking about a lung fish misnamed as an eel and they do have forked tails

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Danbones

so I suspect that there is an actual animal at the heart of the myth. the horse eels in your pic are no more real then the feathered serpant...
that salamanders are sacred in some cultures is a given, and they look like feathered serpants like the lungfish does...
but that only satisfies part of the requirements for being the origin of the myth

I mention the african lung fish because they are the same size as the ones pictured carved to scale

First off these carvings are not carved to scale in any fashion. For Pete sake you got people riding horses. Do you think maybe they are small faire horses with small faire riders then?

And there is an actual animal at the heart of the myth.....a seahorse.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Danbones

the phonecians we are talking about are from where?
and like I said
ZOOM in
en.wikipedia.org...

though the name by which it is recognised is purely Greek.

the greeks who came way later then the the phonecians named it a hippocamp a horse monster because they didn't know what the hell the stories they heard were about. hell the greeks said troy was them and we know know it wasn't at all it was tin mines in Britian and was the phonecians...
so so much for hippocamp

and we are talking about a lung fish misnamed as an eel and they do have forked tails

They are not sure what the Phoenicians called it. And it has been clearly shown that the Greeks, the people living on the Ionian peninsula and the Phoenicians, were not strangers by any stretch. You need to know about cross cultural adaptations which is elementary to a study like this. At some points you can hardly tell the Phoenician art form Egyptian art save for the Phoenician style of the representation. It amounts to Egyptian form with Phoenician style. None of this should be any shock to you seeing the large scale interaction the Phoenicians had with all the population centers in the Med.

You also need to understand that by the time of full Greek emergence they had developed a complete and thorough understanding and adaptation of all the major representations of the pagan mysteries and their icons.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

they are on a carving with a man carved on it
look back at the thread you must have missed it

i don't mind you disagreeing but pay attention at least

thats right they don't know what the phonecians called it but we know how thier freinds the picts carved it and named it

and that cluE from b's post re the blind irish monk WHO HAD THESE MONSTERS IN HIS POSESSION is the ONLY SOLID CLUE so fAR

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Danbones

they are on a carving with a man carved on it
look back at the thread you must have missed it

i don't mind you disagreeing but pay attention at least

Yes you do mind. And don't lecture me when you couldn't even go back one page to the post in question. I had to repost just for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join