It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of The Union Address (2055 EST)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I suggest a name change to the STOU it should be called The Lip Service Speech.All the stuff he just talked about all these bold ideas will come to nothing.As I have said the State Of The Union speech is meaningless it's only function is to maintain the illusion that The President is in charge.Well,to the few of my fellow ATS members who believe this he's not.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lol!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The SOTU address.......umm...

....I actually had to smash my man parts with a can-of-corn, to take away the pain from my eyes and ears.

That was mind numbing.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

madmac5150
As I so eloquently noted in another thread...

The President will attempt to polish a turd...

Well like Henry S. Truman said madmac, "Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day" either. LMAO!
~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thorneblood
I might have missed this in the beginning of this thread but I gotta ask, what was with the manilla envelopes he handed Biden and Boehner?

Naked pictures for Blackmail?
Launch codes?
Transmission from our Tall, White alien overlords?
edit on 28-1-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

It was the official Obama.Care sign-up list...

Both pages.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

beezzer
It'll help (the 10.10) about 1% of the population.

YAY!

Actually, about 84% of Federal Workers are Union, and will get a raise from this, it's pre-written in their contracts, and non-negotiable. For about every .75 cents the minimum wage increases, most Unions will get a mandatory %5-%8 raise, so, do the math. It works out into a nice fat raise, especially for those that already are pulling in over $48.00 an hour already.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever he says will in Reality be the Exact Opposite . For instance , he came out and said the other day that the NSA does Not Spy on the American People . So what do you Think he Really Meant by that ? .......

TextText Orange

They don't spy they watch they don't have to spy if they own the satellite the information goes through...Spying is the smoke cloud of what is really being done for years many agencies have the right and authority to watch everyone..The secret is what ed snow works around. He is not a hero or rat. His purpose was to make you think he knows something more which he probably does but what does he say??? Spying surveillance... SURVEILLANCE is key but the Caliber of how they do it is beyond what anyone wants to believe....for instance, would you believe someone could be standing in your house but you could not see them? How about the factor of control. Does ed really know what he is doing or is being hosted to do it. Many lives live "hosted" and do not know it..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Libertygal

beezzer

YAY!

Actually, about 84% of Federal Workers are Union, and will get a raise from this, it's pre-written in their contracts, and non-negotiable. For about every .75 cents the minimum wage increases, most Unions will get a mandatory %5-%8 raise, so, do the math. It works out into a nice fat raise, especially for those that already are pulling in over $48.00 an hour already.

I wonder where they are getting all this money from?

This is f'n surreal

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I feel Taft...should go down as the greatest POTUS ever now...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
makes me tempted to give my own state of the union address

Dont be down hearted I can fix it for you

What plagues this great country was greased over by those of lesser ability

The great issues of this time are as follows

Corruption
in the government -federal and state
in the judicial system - federal and state

Prison system
regearing towards real purpose of punishment
-prevention

US Military
lack of discipline with lip service only
outright theft

Threats to american security
-Al Queda
-Cartels
-human trafficking

Food Supply issues
-GMO foods

Water Supply issues
-lack of coordinated efforts to keep the supply running

Economy
issue is the value of the dollar
-cost of existence

Space Program
To the moon base

Training
Not to the Job to the abilities that enable advancement
a complete overhaul- complete

Employment
-Hiring laws- the mets way of hiring
--- blind tryouts

Black Communities (as a white guy I am going there)
-Drug
-Violence
-opportunities

Three simple executive directives slash initiatives

-Operation Long arm of the Law

ask congress for the boss hog act

-Operation Bank of Jackson

ask congress for the financial restoration act

- Operation Kennedy

ask congress for research advancement act

that addresses every issue that actually exist in America

Most of what I heard was the equivalent of blue laws not letting you by alcohol before noon on sunday and plans to stop alcohol sales after midnight

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Bigburgh
I feel Taft...should go down as the greatest POTUS ever now...

Naww...

William Henry Harrison.

He did the best job as President ever !!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
In case it hasn't been posted yet..

www.youtube.com...

This video looks like animatronic. Is everybody wearing make-up?! Are these people beaming in from some other location?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
He is laying ground to have the Government overtake the investment accounts.....just wait...

That's exactly what he is doing. Seize retirement accounts to the tune of over 3 billion, then "give" every man, woman, and child, and every child born thereafter, $500.00 for a starter account.

Then, every paycheck will have "taxes" taken out, taxed, of course, and deposited into the account. This will replace Social Security for anyone under 55. You will, of course, be taxed again upon withdrawal, because the government will make a small matching donation per year of perhaps 2-3%.

The plans have already been written, and were proposed to Democrats originally back in October, 2010, I believe it was.

This has been written about by me, on here, as well as Rush Limbaugh. I have seen mention of it by a few others on a few posts.

www.forbes.com...

m.us.wsj.com...

www.americanthinker.com...

edit on 28-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What happened to the SOTU addresses that were conducted behind a desk, that talked about unemployment, the GDP, and the deficit? Wait, deficits weren't in the trillions back then.

Seriously, this was nothing more than a campaign speech. No real solutions, all fanciful ideas, and nothing substantial. There was no mention of how to fix the 16 trillion gaping maw, or talk about cutting programs. It was say something, and applaud. This speech had NOTHING to do with the current SOTU. Nothing at all.

Are they REALLY that separated from reality? REALLY?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

mike dangerously
I suggest a name change to the STOU it should be called The Lip Service Speech.All the stuff he just talked about all these bold ideas will come to nothing.As I have said the State Of The Union speech is meaningless it's only function is to maintain the illusion that The President is in charge.Well,to the few of my fellow ATS members who believe this he's not.

How about, instead of STOU just STFU?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Libertygal

beezzer

YAY!

Actually, only entry level personnel in the next contract cycle will benefit from this.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Basically, he told us, in no uncertain terms, he is now a dictator. Pure, and simple.

People fail to read between the lines, but, discourse is for a reason. Opposing parties have rights, and reasons to disagree.

When you pee is his Wheaties, however, he will do what he must, and play by his own rules.

That, my friend, is a dictator.

Some will find that a hard pill to swallow, and most will pretend it's not true. But, that's the meat of the matter for those who can face the blunt painful truth.

edit on 28-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How about, instead of STOU just STFU?

I was kinda afraid to say that and have the mods yell at me.

Coming up next Obama gives the STFU address to the nation.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Libertygal

That's exactly what he is doing. Seize retirement accounts to the tune of over 3 billion, then "give" every man, woman, and child, and every child born thereafter, $500.00 for a starter account.

Poland did it with success. Why not the USA?

Here is a pretty good article I just found.

OBAMA STEP CLOSER TO SEIZING RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS

When you hear, “Hello, I’m from the federal government and I want to help you manage your retirement savings,” the best advice is to run away, as fast as you can.

Two years ago, WND reported the U.S. Department of Labor and the Treasury Department held joint hearings on whether government lifetime annuity options funded by U.S. Treasury debt should be required for private retirement accounts, including IRAs and 401(k) plans.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This is why I'll yank all my cash out of my 401k!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join