It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of The Union Address (2055 EST)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

vkey08

beezzer
*yawn*

Oh my goodness! I just had a terrible nightmare. I dreamt that Obama was on tv last night pushing for more draconian rule, going about legislation without congress, wanting more of my money with a rebuttal from Aunt Bea who bored everyone to sleep.

Silly huh.

Wasn't a dream Beezzer

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

That's pretty scary, now that I think of it. Good luck to all in the US for 2014. You're going to need it based on what your dear leader just said. I just hope it doesn't spill over the borders in 2015...
CAUTION: ABOLISHMENT OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS AHEAD

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yeah...summary: I'm gonna do anything I want regardless of what anyone thinks, regardless of the rules and the checks and balances and you can't do anything about it...because I'm the President, and if you don't like my rules, you're a racist and part of the problem.

Surprise! Nothing new or unexpected here. Raise the minimum wage and don't do anything about jobs. Yeah...raise employer's cost with health care, raise employer's costs with a larger minimum wage, raises employer's taxes. Thats the ticket! That is how you get employers to hire more people. Take away their money!! Ummm...wait a sec???

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I wondered why noone has said anything about this yet. Watching last night I thought this was the only part he really showed his true collors.

The sanctions that we put in place helped make this opportunity possible. But let me be clear: if this Congress sends me a new sanctions bill now that threatens to derail these talks, I will veto it. (Applause.) For the sake of our national security, we must give diplomacy a chance to succeed.

Emphasis on threatens.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

MessageforAll
I wondered why noone has said anything about this yet. Watching last night I thought this was the only part he really showed his true collors.

The sanctions that we put in place helped make this opportunity possible. But let me be clear: if this Congress sends me a new sanctions bill now that threatens to derail these talks, I will veto it. (Applause.) For the sake of our national security, we must give diplomacy a chance to succeed.

Emphasis on threatens.

Obama doesn't have any foreign policy successes.

Giving Iran the oppourtunity to build "the bomb" would be his only one. . .

Oooops, did I say that out loud?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

beezzer

HomerinNC
His fixing of the broken immigration system is give amnesty to all the illegals

Isn't that like solving robberies by letting the thieves keep the money?

That's exactly what it is.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU! to all of you who suffered through his speech, and shared it here.

I just couldn't do it. He brings out my temper more than anything, and I didn't need to be throwing things at the t.v.

And from all you have posted, sounds like we are in big trouble here in the US.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is my contribution to the thread:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

freakjive
This is my contribution to the thread:

For those who wondering what show this is: The boondocks
edit on thAmerica/Chicago129000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
After finding a reading a transcript of the speech. I don't think we in for a good time in the coming year or more.

FULL TRANSCRIPT: Obama’s 2014 State of the Union address

Here is a link to the one I read it shouldn't differ from any other, but not saying it couldn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Alright another Obama bashing thread
keep it classy ats

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Bigburgh
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hey wabbit? If it is found that..hypothetically Obama is not legal to be POTUS. would that undo all his executive orders..assuming the ones passed by Congress would still hold. Or would everything since he took office be wiped clean? Can't find anything on that.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

In strictly legal theory? Well.. the law doesn't care if he's been in office 3 days or 30 years. If he wasn't valid to hold the office, he wasn't valid to issue orders ..or appointments of others.. and everything as a result is, to borrow a legal term, 'fruit of the poison tree'. He's had time to impact the Supreme Court for goodness sakes...

So..IF..(and again, I don't buy any of the birther BS, since they don't even focus on the one legitimate question this may all be about anyway...not citizenship) IF he were found to have been illegitimate? Then the law and reality will have to have a conference and chat about just how all that works to do without outright destroying the nation in the process.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

madmac5150
As I so eloquently noted in another thread...

The President will attempt to polish a turd...

As I've always said (and will pass down to my child someday) that you can spray paint a turd with gold paint, but underneath it's still a turd. There is amazing wisdom beneath the crassness of that!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Trubl
Alright another Obama bashing thread
keep it classy ats

Polls indicate the American public distrust, detest or outright HATE this President at well over 50% numbers. In fact...pushing 60% to be exact.

Bashing ....OR.... venting genuine feelings toward the ultimate individual public figure? A fair question, I'd say...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wouldn't be surprised if a large part of the other 40% or 50% who took that poll didn't wish to comment.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I put protective eye glasses on while watching because once the lies started I didn't want shards of glass getting in my eye when his nose comes through the TV.

It was quite comical, I'd love to know where he got some of the things he presented as fact.

Did you also notice how many times he this is happening or that but used words like "intend" or "think" lmao. what a farce. Someone asked me why it took him so long to get to the podium on TV....I said it takes time to get the courage to lie to 35 million people at once.

Big Balls!!!
edit on 29-1-2014 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

I'm talking about the approval polls that run weekly and from more than one company/sample of people to show a fairly broad and ongoing look at sentiment toward Dear Leader and Congress.

He was 43% approval that I'd seen last night while Congress has a whopping 13% who think they're worth anything to keep around. (I guess 13% is the figure we can place on party Faithful and usual political hacks, by that count..lol)

Heck of a way to run a nation, eh?
edit on 29-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Obama, a plan without action isn't a plan, it's a speech....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It seems like the only people that watched Obama speak last night are the people that don't like him.

Ironic, eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
It seems like the only people that watched Obama speak last night are the people that don't like him.

Ironic, eh?

Maybe that's why we keep getting the wrong people in office, people are not interested in what is going on, I didn't watch the speech either.
lol

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join