It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of The Union Address (2055 EST)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Okay folks! Here's the thread to debate, discuss, argue, yell, fling tiny bits of sandwiches at others, compare facial tattoos, all concerning the presidents State of the Union.

It should be a good one.

Obama has come off a really bad year. Crummy Obamacare turnout, high unemployment, high numbers on food stamps and welfare, low job numbers, a crappy foreign policy.

Just what in the hell is he going to say?

I think he'll do this. . .

What do YOU think he'll say?

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As I so eloquently noted in another thread...

The President will attempt to polish a turd...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever he says will in Reality be the Exact Opposite . For instance , he came out and said the other day that the NSA does Not Spy on the American People . So what do you Think he Really Meant by that ? .......

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

A president could go either of 2 ways.

Uniting or divisive.

I'm going with divisive.

I think he's going to use his "blame thrower" and accuse everyone from Bush, Tea Party, Limbaugh, Fox News, my aunt Shirley, the guy who sits in the lobby at my bank and picks his nose, for all of his mistakes.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever he says will in Reality be the Exact Opposite . For instance , he came out and said the other day that the NSA does Not Spy on the American People . So what do you Think he Really Meant by that ? .......

OooH
OooH

Pick me
Pick me

(waves hand. . . . )

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by madmac5150

A president could go either of 2 ways.

Uniting or divisive.

I'm going with divisive.

I think he's going to use his "blame thrower" and accuse everyone from Bush, Tea Party, Limbaugh, Fox News, my aunt Shirley, the guy who sits in the lobby at my bank and picks his nose, for all of his mistakes.

Well of course... I call it the culpability deflection clause; I think it is part of the "secret" oath the president takes to "infringe and destroy"

In any case, I will not be tuning in. I'd rather read about it on here, quite frankly...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dear beezzer,

Rather going out on a limb, there, old chap. Steady on, that's a bit of a risky prediction, that is.

I'm going with divisive.

Of course, conventional wisdom says he'll emphasize income inequality, the minimum wage, immigration, and the fact that he can do it all without Congress.

I know it's probably going to be considered an event with historic value, but after thinking about it, I can't imagine why I'd want to listen to it. I'm not a masochist, and I'll just end up suffering because I know the president should be ashamed of what he'll be saying, but he's not mentally fit enough to realize it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can someone post a link to the transcript and/or the full video in this thread for me, once it's up on the net ?

I won't be home until later tonight (Tuesdays is my dart's league) so I'll miss watching it live, and I'm interested to see what vitriole this putz has to spew out of his gums.

Muchly appreciated !

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, my friend, this State of the Union could be historic!

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
He doesn't have the stones to be more divisive than he's already been. His remarks of that nature will be couched in generalities and he'll leave it to the press for interpretation.

He'll give us a lot more 'hope' as a community organizer, but nothing of substance.

Personally, I'm not gonna waste a minute watching. Life's too short to devote any of it to a guy who could really care less about me or what I think.
edit on 2812014 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I want to watch.

I want to see how he is planning to do what he wants to do.

(self-edited)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Isn't the SOTU address just an excuse for a president to get up on a soapbox and blame the other side anyway?

I mean, I know I've seen some speeches that weren't that bad, but considering there's always a rebuttal from the other side and considering the history of the last few years, I expect the GOP address to be far more divisive than Obama's.

I don't think he'll announce or discuss anything of real worth. He'll probably just laud Obamacare and his recent NSA decisions and discuss a few military things.

I'll be watching live though.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

CranialSponge
Can someone post a link to the transcript and/or the full video in this thread for me, once it's up on the net ?

I won't be home until later tonight (Tuesdays is my dart's league) so I'll miss watching it live, and I'm interested to see what vitriole this putz has to spew out of his gums.

Muchly appreciated !

Always aim for triple 17's.

If I can, I will.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Chime in, Tenth!

We can do a drinking game.

Blame the GOP = do a shot
Laud his accomplishments = do a shot
Blames Fox News = Double shot

(I expect to be hammered by the end of the speech)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I always said congress should have a two drink minimum!

(Back to the topic)

Was there any mention of special commentary or announcements?

I haven't kept up on the news the last few weeks.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would rather watch a "State of The Onion" address...

The sad thing is that The Onion probably tells the truth more than our politicians...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by beezzer

I always said congress should have a two drink minimum!

(Back to the topic)

Was there any mention of special commentary or announcements?

I haven't kept up on the news the last few weeks.

~Tenth

Depending on what he says, I think the rebuttal will be interesting.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

It's been leaked - here it is:

Good evening Serfs - oops, fellow citizens. I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone, and an ignorant attitude, and I'm gonna use all 3 to crap on the Constitution and anything else I want to.

Have a good night.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Here you go.

It's going to be live on that link, but after it's done and over with you'll just see the recorded speech.

WARNING: I'm not responsible for any pre-speech propaganda. Watch at your own risk.

edit on 28-1-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Obama will use the standard "Ten D's" combo tactics.

Deflect
Delay
Deny
Discount
Deceive
Divide
Dulcify
Discredit
Destroy
Deal

Probably in that order too.

Gawd help if he addresses *ANY* of his many failures !!

He will highlight only the miniscule accomplishment(s) that never seemed to provide any positive benefits to the majority of Americans.

He will highlight "New" goals that allude to "helping" the Middle Class.

He will instill ideas that end up doing the opposite of what he claims to be genuine heart felt programs.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

READ between the Lines with Him !!

Think Opposite

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join