It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Whether the government is left or right the majority of their decisions are made for their own benefit and not the countries. Just one question to ask (if anybody could answer it) how many in the important positions of power have come from poor backgrounds and made it to power themselves without being picked and moulded by other people in power? I would hazard a guess no one.
In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.
We should be a bastion of freedom and economic growth and incentive for the rest of the world to want to adopt our model for a free market, individual liberty, and our policies for government
Current federal spending alone on the 'poor majority' is over $2.2 trillion dollars.
Recycled wealth that doesn't create jobs, and new wealth, or long term wealth.
We are not even close to being free.
Damn right shameful that some Americans think they are 'poor'.
That so called 'poor' Americans don't know what real poor is.
That is places like Africa, and elsewhere in the world.
Conservative Ideas cannot sustain a poor majority. Until we figure out how to make sure everyone doing 8 hours a day can have a decent life... conservatism is gone. GOP may as well get ready to lose is all. Even if some of your ideas are good.
"Conservative Ideas cannot sustain a poor majority"
Tricky statement. I don't think anybody's ideas can sustain a poor majority.
But maybe Conservative Ideas are not the problem?
If they *Are* the problem, can we see a list >>>>
But first, define a "poor majority".
reply to post by neo96
Disagree. Now is where you insert the reply in my last response.
And in order for them to cut entitlements and create jobs the government needs to allow for the free market. Oh stop all wars immediately.edit on 20141America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago4731502014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)
There is much to be retooled before we go off blaming ONE party, when BOTH are screwing everyone as hard as they can. THEY are the government that is killing jobs, offshoring work, taxing us, using tax money for BS, screwing up needed social programs, destroying education, etc etc. I guess being blatantly biased makes some sleep better at night by identifying the boogey man, but one day theyll wake up and realize what we have allowed our ravenous behemoth govt to become in itself is the real boogey man. Starve the beast and promote American innovation, business, and ingenuity... among a million other things we could do besides blaming a donkey or an elephant.
Lets start with a Government that lets millions of low skill jobs go over seas and allows million of low skill workers into our country illegally.
Add in 60% of our young go to college where Hacks pretend to teach, the lazy pretend to learn and employers pretend to need them.
Top it off that unless you have a government job you are screwed....
They didn't just "let millions of low skill jobs go over seas" by accident, they signed an agreement called the "Lima Declaration of 1975" and allow millions of low skill jobs go over seas". Perhaps they didn't understand that those 30% would undercut the remaining 70%.