It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Russian forces hunt jihadist widow feared inside Olympic zone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Russian authorities believe Ruzanna Ibragimova, the widow of a terrorist killed by security forces, may have traveled from Dagestan to the Sochi area. They are hunting for her inside the Olympic security zone.

Bulletin warning of potential terrorist is being circulated inside the massive security zone in Sochi.

U.S. counterterrorism operatives are helping Russian security agents in the hunt for a “white widow” — the wife of a dead terrorist — who could already be inside the massive security zone set up for next month’s winter Olympics.

Ruzanna Ibragimova, the 22-year-old widow of a jihadist killed during the Moscow theater attack, is believed to have traveled from Dagestan to Sochi, according to a Russian security bulletin obtained by FoxNews.com, along with photos of her. The bulletin and photos were distributed by the Russian security force FSB and Sochi security officials to U.S. and other security agencies late last week.

US, Russian forces hunt jihadist widow feared inside Olympic zone

The security concerns for the upcoming Olympics are like nothing I have ever seen before. This is just one example of a fermenting possibility of massive tragedy for those athletes and I am not sure I would not just stay at home.

Yet to miss the chance is tragic as well

A single individual, properly motivated like she is, can be terrible in her actions. I hope they find her in time.

Semper
edit on 1/20/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I normally watch the Olympics, as much to watch countries getting along on a base level as for the actual events.

So many years ago this had the potential to be the "olive leaf" that helped draw us all together and make us all realize we are all the same here on planet earth. Now it just seems like some kind of political platform

Sigh

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All it takes is a well executed bomb. It doesn't take much intelligence at all. That is, unless bomb-making can be considered a skill.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This begs the question as to whether it's better to fear the danger you know about or the danger you don't.

I somehow feel preparation is more efficient for the dangers one is aware of.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
what? people are surprised the u.s. team will get zapped at sochi? they can't "fathom" the idea that our government would let our citizen athletes walk into an ambush knowingly ? remember, his majesty and his lords and ladies only have one governing principle. never let a good crisis go to waste. and after all, it's in a place where terrorists are bound to pull it off no matter what precautions are taken. russia. there is not a place in the known Universe were a u.s. citizen is more despised. not even china.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

you'd be astonished at what i can do with 25 lbs of chlorine powder !

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If radical islamists use this event to push their agenda...then they are going to piss off a large segment of the world. Which will bring about even more bad tidings for them.

But then again, the conspiracy side of me says that you can always find a fruit loop to expand your agenda.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

One other event that could have a impact is the Super Bowl.

If a group were to strike the Super Bowl (or even nearby) it would have a massive impact on the Sochi Olympic games.

The psychological impact alone is mind-boggling.

The Sochi games would become a gridlock and attendence would be greatly affected. (As if it hasn't already)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Putin ought to come out like this: "We're doing our best to find her, but if we do not, the consequences for Dagestan will set an example for any population which breeds a terrorist and then lets them cross an international border."

Catching 'em one-at-a-time is the wrong approach, if you're serious about bringing an end to terrorism. Kill 'em all ... and let God sort 'em out.

Whoever came up with those goals of terrorism ... specifically the one that says one of the primary goals is to cause a government overreaction ... was too much into Schedule 1 substances.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Is there any absolute confirmation that this woman actually exists?

"She" could just be another mythical character invented by the Triumvirate of intelligence.

False Flag scapegoat.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

Do us all a favor and don't post a vid on Youtube... hahaha.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Oh no. would never do that. besides. was using that stuff way, way, way, way, way, way back machine, in 1 9 6 8 ! used to detonate them at night in an old quarry! TOTALLY AWESOME ! i was 9 yrs old. those were the days! talk about having AWESOME SUMMER vacations! Also a lot of fun? sneaking up at night to the fences near the "ready" B-52's on a SAC base and rattling the fences! Man those guard dogs and Air Police would go NUTS! (to be sure these weren't the "nuke" uploaded B-52's, just the ones that were fueled up and headed overseas, probablly Vietnam)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

You can't kill an idea by killing the people who hold it. You have to pollute and dilute it.
Kill them all, then all of their families or neighbors become terrorists.

edit on 21-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Sorry if I wasn't absolutely clear in my meaning.
all
ôl
predeterminer, determiner, & pronoun
1. used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing.
"all the people I met"
synonyms: everyone, everybody, each person, every person

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It seems to me that they are really ramping up the fear factor for these olympics. I'm not buying it. I don't think anything will happen but if it does it will be one of those stories that don't make sense like 9/11, 7/7, Aurora, Sandy Hook.

Three options:

1. Nothing happens
2. Something happens and the story is bunk
3. Something happens and the story makes sense

My money is on #1. #3 I doubt. Let's face it, most terrorist stories are hooey. Underwear, shoes, really? #2 would accomplish much but I really don't see that happening. I think they just need a Emmanuel Goldstein type story to keep us all afraid of the big bad boogey man.

The big bad boogeymen are in the NSA, CIA, etc. and on Capitol Hill if you ask me. I'm way more afraid of my country's government and government agencies and our lawful gang of cops than I am of terrorists, even if I were in Russia. Heck, I'd probably feel safer over there than I do here.

I know the concept of blowback and we haven't made any friends recently, to say the least, but seriously, why attack America? Worked out real well for those in Afghanistan and Iraq(of course, they had nothing to do with 9/11 but who cares about that) so why would anyone risk it? Kill a few athletes so your country can get bombed back to pre-stone age conditions? Invoking the wrath of the big bad United States isn't a very bright idea.

Keeping us fearful of boogeymen has been big business for the MSM since 9/11 so our government can rape us of our liberties and any semblence of freedom must be given up to protect us. It's for our own good, don't ya know.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

Right now they want Russia to stop backing Syria. This was a threat remember? It was threatened that if Russia did not back off their stance on Syria then the terrorists would hit the Olympic games in Sochi.

That is exactly whats happening, and I don't think anyone should back down just because the terrorists made a few threats, if people back down, then the terrorists know they can hold governments hostage to do their bidding.

No more fear!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

what? people are surprised the u.s. team will get zapped at sochi?

What makes you think US athlete's would be the intended target?

Given the history surrounding this person I'd guess, and it is only a guess, that her intention would be to cause as much damage / embarrassment as possible to Russia.

..... it's in a place where terrorists are bound to pull it off no matter what precautions are taken.

Why?

russia. there is not a place in the known Universe were a u.s. citizen is more despised. not even china.

Are you really sure of that?

Do you still cling to the Cold War propaganda that Russia and its people are a direct threat to the USA?
Do you honestly think the Russian people feel any sort of particular enmity towards the American people?
Do you seriously believe that those affected by the recent and current foreign policy of the US government feel any less hatred towards the US than Russians do?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Are you saying the U.S. is threatening terrorism against Russia because of Syria? If so, wouldn't that make the U.S. the terrorists?

If not, who is they that are threatening Russia? I don't see any other country with the cojones to attack Russia over Syria - well, I wouldn't put it past Israel to do something behind the scenes, some sneaky maneuver and blame it on someone else but that still seems unlikely to me.

I'm simply not buying any terrorism threats, at least terrorists like we usually know them, Al-Qaeda/Taliban/insert whomever here. False-flag BS, that I can buy but that will become obvious when the story doesn't have any semblence of truth, which admittedly is almost any story brought to us by the MSM. Any attack against the games, I.E. Russia or against the U.S. athletes doesn't seem like a smart move regardless of Syria or any other motive.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

No, this is what I am talking about...

According to a diplomatic leak detailing the Bandar-Putin meeting in Moscow on July 31, Bandar suggested that Putin’s agreement to abandon the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad would lead Saudi Arabia to restrain its Chechen terrorist clients who have been attacking Russia targets for years. Putin reportedly grew furious, interpreting Bandar’s offer as a warning that the Sochi games would be threatened by terrorism if Putin didn’t comply

consortiumnews.com...

And yes, this was a threat. I would definitely take it as a threat!

Bandar sought Russia’s cooperation on several Mideast concerns, including Syria, and told Putin, “I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics in the city of Sochi on the Black Sea next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us.”

edit on 21-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I understand this has no relevant input to the thread .. But by god does she look happy. I reckon she needs to get out, let her hair down for a bit go to a club have a drink she looks so serious!

I tell you what .. I'll take her out for a night

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join