It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Russian forces hunt jihadist widow feared inside Olympic zone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's an interesting location for the games that's for sure. Surely with Chechnya not too far away and the recent history of turmoil in that region there would be more logical places to hold the games? I appreciate that while Russia is a vast country it actually has huge areas where there's very few people living so in that sense it's limited. However, why hold it in possibly the one area where there is, in my opinion, the greatest chance for an incident to occur?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by semperfortis

Whoever came up with those goals of terrorism ... specifically the one that says one of the primary goals is to cause a government overreaction ... was too much into Schedule 1 substances.

Well there are many nations who have used it to control

We can look at Goering;s quote

""Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on
a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of
it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people
don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in
Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to
drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no
voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the
country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Many countries have used it to their advantage , UK , US , Russia , everyone really.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

pretty funny. a person from england lecturing me about why i suck because i hate russians.

Where did I say or imply that you 'suck'?
Given the nature of your retort I suspect you may be allowing your own bigoted attitude towards the English cloud and distort your perspective.

wanna talk to my wife. she was born in scotland. guess who she hates more than the russians.

Obviously those damned English who some find it convenient to blame for all the flaws in their own nation - pretty weak and lame if you ask me.
Fortunately I know many more Scots, Irish and even Welsh who don't share the same blinkered, insecure and bigoted viewpoint.

anyway, since your from england and all people from england are PERFECT

Far, far from it - just perhaps a little bit more open and honest in our own self-appraisal and that of others.

i'll let you know why the terrorists should make a special point of attacking the u.s. team. because they get they're most BANG for the buck that way.

But this particular terrorist has a specific dislike and score to settle with Russia and where she is from Russia is viewed as more of the devil incarnate than even the US or UK are and possibly even Israel.

when your a terrorist, you have to get the best bang for your buck. if they attack the russian athletes, the "terrorists" know what's going to happen. the russians will buthcer everything in sight.

Any attack at Sochi, regardless of who or what the target may be, will be viewed by Russia as a massive insult and there will be enormous repercussions.

....as for any other questions about why russians hate the u.s., it's this simple. they're commies and they're broke.

Err....no, they aren't 'commies' and how do you make out they are 'broke'?

....and they see the us as commies, but commies with cash!

Err...do they? No Russian I've ever met has considered the US as Communist....and they don't particularly hate anyone from the US, they have no reason to.
Not everyone in the world is consumed by hatred you know.

as for england. lived in the british isles for 3 years, and the only thing people there can agree on is they ALL hate the english.

What, even 'the english' (sic) who make up the majority of The British Isles?
And the majority don't hate us - we all just like to give that impression - its something non-Brits, apart from maybe the Aussies, just don't get....and never will.

anyway "Freeborn", you might want to change your username.

Why?
Is that a particular poor attempt at trying to infer something that you can't express or haven't quite got the balls to?

God Save The Queen !

Indeed.

Back on topic;
Every major sporting event / tournament etc seem to be designated an intended target for terrorism of one sort or another and I don't doubt for one minute that there are many who have sought to carry out such attacks, fortunately very few have succeeded.
Let's hope this will be just another one of those - but there's a nagging little inclination in the back of my mind that makes me suspect there may be something in the offing here.....maybe that's just the suspicious CTist in me.
edit on 22/1/14 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have heard reports of at least 8 teams getting threats.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

And there looks like to be a 'cell' :

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

SOCHI, Russia — Russian security officials are hunting for two more young Muslim women — so-called “black widow” terror suspects — who they believe are planning to target the final stages of the Olympic torch relay with suicide bomb attacks

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

neo96

SOCHI, Russia — Russian security officials are hunting for two more young Muslim women — so-called “black widow” terror suspects — who they believe are planning to target the final stages of the Olympic torch relay with suicide bomb attacks

Sounds like a bad James Bond movie; Russia and Black Widow in one sentence. NOT the black widow I hoped for

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

DoctorDoug
It's an interesting location for the games that's for sure. Surely with Chechnya not too far away and the recent history of turmoil in that region there would be more logical places to hold the games? I appreciate that while Russia is a vast country it actually has huge areas where there's very few people living so in that sense it's limited. However, why hold it in possibly the one area where there is, in my opinion, the greatest chance for an incident to occur?

Because Sochi is located in an area once known as Circassia. Just google the name and you're bound to find out what happened there, and why it is symbolically important. They want to hammer the fact that they own the land now, that whoever opposes their hegemony will be crushed.

It is basically a gigantic middle finger to the whole North Caucasus region.

And they're willing to put the athletes' lives in danger for that.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I just have a really bad feeling that something truly horrible is going to take place during the Sochi games.... I hope I'm wrong, but the build up almost seems like we're being conditioned that it could happen which is leading to it likely will happen which will eventually lead to it did happen...... With the amount of threats around these games, you would have to be crazy to attend them as a spectator or athlete. I do hope that I'm wrong and that nothing happens. And will someone please catch this crazy b****

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If your familiar with the Moscow Theater take down by the Russian Security services and their "gas them all and let God sort them out'; I hope our guys are the ones in control van and not the ones implementing the Russian plan..

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
A female suicide bomber who is being hunted by both the Russians and The US.With our military assets already in position.Very simple way to cause a international incident between the 2 countries some trigger happy American or Russian mistakes some innocent bystander as being the suspect and you have a mess on your hands.I have a suspicion if anything does happen it gonna be pay-back for Putin making the administration look bad in the ME.Can't let the figurehead have egg on his face and let them get away with it.It just might wake up some of the citizens who are in a deep sleep.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

After recent events, I do see something happening at these games or elsewhere in the Country!

I'll await the news on sky!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is interesting for the past few months it seems the MSM has been painting Russia as this wise old superpower that has been one upping the U.S. on foreign policy and such, then all of a sudden a 22y old girl is loose and there's "operatives" working with Russian forces. So an outside force that when all is said and done can just kick the door in at Moscow and have same amount of power?

I guess you would have to read into the details of who actually makes up the ranks in those counterterrorism troops, i sure didn't. Preventing a tragedy and keeping innocent people safe is indeed welcomed, but a force that can barge in on a whole government, and is quietly already on the scene in such a blah zay way. If they were good enough at tracking her this far, she would theoretically already be in custody unless your filming on a hollywood set with narrowly caught fire escape escape scenes with bullets making sparks at every corner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join