It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to win America back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
These are a few ideas that have been brewing in my head for quite some time now--and don't get me wrong, I'm just a kid, I'm not gonna have all the answers on a silver platter. NO ONE is. But I've been struggling for years over how "involved" I should be in all the truth movements--waking people up, beginning the revolution, that ol' chestnut.

When people get passionate about a football game or a new game on the playstation, sometimes it really annoys me. I think, Do you know what's going on in the government right now? How bout overseas? But my friend group isn't exactly the type to lead a revolution. Strange part is, they're all aware of what's going on. I'm sure to update them whenever I learn more. But lately, I haven't been talking much about it, because it usually never spawns any positive conversation. Understandably, of course... but come on. I'm not even that great of a person down to the bone, but I CAN'T be the only one in our group that wants to find a solution to our mountain of problems.

Which lead me to some alternative possible solutions.

How, I ask myself every day, can I convince my loved ones to take action and win American back without them getting depressed, obsessed, and going all "Alex Jones" on me? (I say that because Alex Jones is not a very happy human being, you can imagine why.) How can we make a difference, and still preserve and embrace our alternative, odd-ball, dubstep-ish sub culture? (I hate dubstep, but all my friends adore it).

Then it hit me.

Making signs and preforming protests on overpasses, along with making conspiracy documentaries on youtube aren't the only way to take action. There are a lot of down-to-the-root actions that make a lot of difference, and you wouldn't even have to change much in your every day life.

First of all, you've got to wrap your mind around every basic problem in our society.

When I say basic, I mean consider this; What are your values? What are your children's values? Who taught them to you? And in a survival situation, how likely are you to survive? What are you capable of doing for yourself?

See, the problems are not only political.

And my friend group getting involved politically, while it would be emotionally and mentally moving for them (positively or not), it would make little difference in the larger scheme of things. Gigantic alternative/truth movements are everywhere already, and while that's a GOOD thing, its not something that really needs extra help to keep rolling in its ever-growing snowball formation. Basically, the truth movement is already big enough, and growing.

Here are the things I believe we, here in America (and other places, depending on your situations) need to work on;

1 - Most of you are meat eaters, right? Well, have you ever taken the time to look at those chicken thighs before you put them in the oven, and think; I've never killed a chicken, but I eat them all the time. How many meat eaters in our country actually know how to hunt? It'd be wise to learn. Just in case. Might not hurt to have the extra firearm-know-how too.

2 - How many fruits and veggies do you eat? Have you ever wondered where they come from? Do you know what kind of key nutrients are needed in soil in order to grow edible plants? Have you ever planted a fruit or a veggie? If your stores suddenly stopped selling, or the prices of food increased beyond any of your budgets, how would you continue your fruit and veggie diet? Learn how to garden.

3 - Ever wondered where your water came from? How to the folks at the company get it into your house, from that magical sink? Learn how to obtain your own water. Just in case.

4 - How dependent on electricity are you? Do you know how to use a generator, or how to manifest a few solar panels for the roof of your house? Something t think about.

5 - This one I can't stress enough--BUY AMERICAN. Family run grocery stores aren't yet completely out of business, I know that for a fact, because I walk to one almost every day to do my shopping. It may be a LITTLE more expensive, but the cause you're serving is well worth it. Find your local flea market. The flea market I routinely visit is run by folks who make their own supplies--for example, I bought a spiked bracelet, and I actually spoke to the man who made it. None of the items are taxes, they're sold entirely by individuals--and they're MUCH BETTER quality than anything you'll find in wal-mart. Speaking from experience here.

6 - Make sure your friends know the importance of changing little aspects of their lives in these ways. I know it may seem--especially to the folks around my age--that learning all these basic skills is regression, but humanity can't live without those skills. Someone else is literally dong all of this FOR you as of now. The only difference--after learning how to do it yourself--is that you'll no longer be dependent on some other entity for basic needs. That is all important, if you don't want to crumble underneath the economy, whenever it decided to crash. Never overload your friends with these ideas, of course, but suggest them--and make sure they know why it matters so much. If we make our own food and only purchase from Americans, we're not relying on other items imported from Chinese or Indonesian slaves, and we're not relying on our government corporations. THAT is how we make them fall. Refuse to support them, at all costs. Its a little harder, but well worth it.

7 - Doing all of these things will inevitably result in something priceless, something we all need. Networking. You will make other friends who garden and hunt, and you will develop connections with American clothes makers, food producers, etc. That way, if TSHTF in our lifetime, we will already have our own community to fall back on. That is monumental, and although you can't completely see it right now, having this community here at home will give you peace of mind, knowing you're not relying on a corrupt government and Chinese slaves to get by. Ever wonder what you could do for Chinese and Indonesian sweat shop workers? By refusing to buy their goods, you're not just rebuilding American independence--you're putting those corporations out of work.

Its a long process, but if enough of us take part and remain unyielding, we WILL make a huge difference. Maybe not overnight, but it will happen, hands down.

And I know I'm only stating common facts to some of you ATSers, those who already grow food and hunt their meat, those of you who already have themselves situated completely. I guess this post is mostly for folks of my generation. I am 20 years old, and I have NEVER met anyone my age who has any interest in regaining American independence or waking folks up. Not in person, anyway. I think that's a problem. And again, I don't want my friends to become as upset and paranoid as I am--that's why I give it so much thought.

I hope some of you out there closer to my age, or maybe adults who haven't yet attempted to gain their independence, give it some thought. Just had to lay my thoughts out there, ATS, and none of the more serious forum areas seemed right for me to post this, so.... general chit chat, food for thought.

God speed, everyone~

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Easiest way to win America back?

Get rid of anyone whose family hasn't American for at least 3 generations......... Step ONE.

Never hire/rent to/sell or otherwise interact with anyone who sends money to foreign countries.... Step TWO.

Then, and only then will there possibly be enough real Americans left to fight the other front of the Globalist attack.

Step ONE has to be get rid of non-Americans that have already entered the gates,. Can't go hunting for a fox when there is already one on the henhouse! take care of the near problem FIRST.

The immigrants are coming here "for a better life"... that better life is by SPONGING and MOOCHING off a system they NEVER LOST FAMILY to make!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Get rid of anyone whose family hasn't American for at least 3 generations......... Step ONE.

Never hire/rent to/sell or otherwise interact with anyone who sends money to foreign countries.... Step TWO.

Then, and only then will there possibly be enough real Americans left to fight the other front of the Globalist attack.

Step ONE has to be get rid of non-Americans that have already entered the gates,. Can't go hunting for a fox when there is already one on the henhouse! take care of the near problem FIRST.

The immigrants are coming here "for a better life"... that better life is by SPONGING and MOOCHING off a system they NEVER LOST FAMILY to make!

In other words, get rid of all non-whites is the first step? Kind of a racist remark don't you think?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

In other words, get rid of all non-whites is the first step? Kind of a racist remark don't you think?

I agree. Not intentionally racist (I don't think), but dividing everyone isn't the solution. We've already got enough factions trying to do that FOR us.

No, this solution is for everyone living in the homeland.

America is made up of people from all over the world.

I don't think drawing chalk lines between all of us will solve anything.

In fact, it often makes things a LOT worse.

Divide & Conquer, ya know?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I think the point you are trying to make across is to stop looking for imported (overseas) products or services to purchase, rather, trying buying local. Sure the price may be a little bit higher, but in the end you are supporting your domestic economy. This way of life was done during the industrial revolution where the country HAD to be innovative to push for the future.

Nowadays, we are allowing other countries dictate our future through THEIR innovations, products, and services.

I agree....support local business and don't support external economies.

Edit: S&F for your thread.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

boy, so programmed by the globalists!

There are ALSO, millions of:

1. Native Americans
2. Black Americans
3. Chinese Americans (since the 1800's)
4. Some Hispanic origin Americans (been here for at least 3 generations) used to refer to themselves as Chicano. (was a term of pride as being American and not called 'mexican'.. these families LOVE America as much as any and HATE to see garbage like La Raza organization
5. Filipino Americans (fought beside us in ww2)
6. there are other smaller groups

Get it YET?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

1. Native Americans
2. Black Americans
4. Some Hispanic origin Americans (been here for at least 3 generations) used to refer to themselves as Chicano. (was a term of pride as being American and not called 'mexican'.. these families LOVE America as much as any and HATE to see garbage like La Raza organization

Get it YET?

Listen mate, when you are not specific in your post as to which generations you wish to move out you make your post look generalistic and open yourself to accusations.

Moreover, I also noticed you DIDN'T MENTION:
- White Europeans
- White Australians
- White Canadians, etc...

GET IT YET???

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

I agree. Not intentionally racist (I don't think), but dividing everyone isn't the solution. We've already got enough factions trying to do that FOR us.

Divide and Conquer?... EXACTLY!.. the Globalists USE --- wait for it --- IMMIGRATION as a TOOL!

America ONLY HAD DECENT wages by CONTROLLING LABOR!! ffs..

ANy country will have a DETRIMENT by having TENS of MILLIONS of people STEALING JOBS< OVERCROWDING SCHOOLS< LOWERING WAGES<

ALL things done using the poor of some other place to COMPETE AGAINST (keyword: against) those whose family ALREADY STRUGGLED and FOUGHT for what they have!

Scabs< It IS a real TERM! educate yourself on the implications of SCAB labor!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Man, this newer generation of youth gives me signs of hope for the future.

But it also aggravates me that our young are being forced to grow-up before their childhood gets lived to it's fruition.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

I think the point you are trying to make across is to stop looking for imported (overseas) products or services to purchase, rather, trying buying local. Sure the price may be a little bit higher, but in the end you are supporting your domestic economy. This way of life was done during the industrial revolution where the country HAD to be innovative to push for the future.

Nowadays, we are allowing other countries dictate our future through THEIR innovations, products, and services.

I agree....support local business and don't support external economies.

Edit: S&F for your thread.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

Exactly, you summarized it perfectly!

There's literally no protesting or documentary-watching involved!

Just cut the root between us and other countries and corporations.

Then, we're all hunky-dory! Sorta.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

If labour costs are lower in other countries, then companies move the jobs there. Low wages here are a result of international competition for making profits. When workers immigrate here, it doesn't mean that they will get low wages, it means that high wages no longer exist because most businesses shipped the labour work overseas where it costs less to make a product. It is the SERVICE industry which continues to fold as a result of migrant working seeking ANY job at ANY rate.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

HanzHenry

XxNightAngelusxX

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

Divide and Conquer?... EXACTLY!.. the Globalists USE --- wait for it --- IMMIGRATION as a TOOL!

America ONLY HAD DECENT wages by CONTROLLING LABOR!! ffs..

ANy country will have a DETRIMENT by having TENS of MILLIONS of people STEALING JOBS< OVERCROWDING SCHOOLS< LOWERING WAGES<

ALL things done using the poor of some other place to COMPETE AGAINST (keyword: against) those whose family ALREADY STRUGGLED and FOUGHT for what they have!

Scabs< It IS a real TERM! educate yourself on the implications of SCAB labor!

But don't you think everyone in America (immigrants or not) doing business among themselves, rather than for a big business, would make the big machine fall even harder? Not saying it would be easy to make that happen, just saying--the more dependent they are on us, the more pillars we can pull from under them. Whites and immigrants alike.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

1. Native Americans
2. Black Americans

Get it YET?

Listen mate, when you are not specific in your post as to which generations you wish to move out you make your post look generalistic and open yourself to accusations.

- White Europeans
- White Australians

GET IT YET???

6. there are other smaller groups..

hint : this would include those aforementioned. there are not really that many of either category you stated.

it is only the dimwit, globalist programmed that jump to 'racist'..

3 generations.. that seems pretty easy to read and comprehend.. at least to someone with at least 3 fingers or toes to count by.
edit on 18-1-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

Skywatcher2011

HanzHenry

1. Native Americans
2. Black Americans

Get it YET?

- White Europeans
- White Australians

GET IT YET???

6. there are other smaller groups..

hint : this would include those aforementioned. there are not really that many of either category you stated.

it is only the dimwit, globalist programmed that jump to 'racist'..

3 generations.. that seems pretty easy to read and comprehend.. at least to someone with at least 3 fingers or toes to count by.
edit on 18-1-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

Excuse me for saying so but there are MANY racists here on ATS. Without proving your point using specifics and evidence supporting your ideas can lead one to deduce your idea as a supremacist opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How to win America back

America is owned by the Corporatists Fascist. They own the military, the judicial system and the government at large.

There will be no "winning anything" back. You are now property of the Corporate elite. All the signs, protests, boycotts, rants on ATS, political parties, sitins, is just a source of humor for the puppet masters.

We warned you of this current situation in the 60s but you didn't listen did you?

edit on 18-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

olaru12

How to win America back

America is owned by the Corporatists Fascist. They own the military, the judicial system and the government at large.

There will be no "winning anything" back. You are now property of the Corporate elite. All the signs, protests, boycotts, rants on ATS, political parties, sitins, is just a source of humor for the puppet masters.

We warned you of this current situation in the 60s but you didn't listen did you?

the 60's are KEY! When something goes WONKY in a society, it is the Young who ALWAYS sparked the revolution.

But after 1963, somehow the whole Sex, Drugs, drugs, and more drugs, and rock n' roll distracted them.. some of the drugs were developed BY the govt. I firmly believe the overthrowers either started or redirected the focus of the hippy movement.

I mean, if the young people are all doped up on drugs, then who will revolt?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

HanzHenry

olaru12

How to win America back

the 60's are KEY! When something goes WONKY in a society, it is the Young who ALWAYS sparked the revolution.

But after 1963, somehow the whole Sex, Drugs, drugs, and more drugs, and rock n' roll distracted them.. some of the drugs were developed BY the govt. I firmly believe the overthrowers either started or redirected the focus of the hippy movement.

I mean, if the young people are all doped up on drugs, then who will revolt?

Who ended the Viet Nam war? The young people in the street....that's who! But they were eventually marginalized and discounted by the corporate elite who now own YOU and everyone else. Try some lateral thinking and go to rehab for your Rush/Beck addiction.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

olaru12

How to win America back

You're confusing "own" with "exploit."

Last time I checked, the working public DOES possess functioning limbs and at least semi-functioning brains, therefore we stand a chance to own ourselves, rather than submitting to others.

If you're being sarcastic, then nevermind my reply. I couldn't tell if you were or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The military is used to wage wars in other countries so that the Elite can produce weapons, etc...used in these battles. It is called dirty business....so, I think the Elite do "exploit" the military through the government indirectly.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I've enjoyed your drawings and stories since you have joined this community. But what really gets me is how you have grown. I know that I'm still fairly new myself, but I have seen it in others as well.

You have brought up many good points.

But one thing, shooting or chopping off the head of your own meat is one thing. People must learn to actually butcher said meat without destroying it. Shooting a deer is the easy part. But gutting and skinning and then butchering it is another thing entirely. That can be some nasty work, and if not done correctly, will ruin a lot of good meat at a minimum, or at a maximum make you very sick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join