It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is one group of people I hate. Texters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

MatthiasGoliath
There are much more important things happening in the world that deserve your attention than this.

THAT'S exactly what I'm saying.

People aren't paying attention. To pretty much anything anymore. They all have their eyes locked on their phones.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well, in this case, there were other annoying factors, as well, so I simply stopped doing anything with the person. Had I continued, and it happened again, she'd have lost the phone! I was seriously tempted, as well, to step out "for the restroom", notify an usher, and simply not be there when they showed to toss her out!

I don't see a lot of things in the theater, and when I go, I want to see the movie, not some idiot that can't survive two hours without texting or web browsing flashing their phone around!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Weird.......no idea why, but this posted twice....
edit on 21-1-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

the owlbear

LadyGreenEyes

You left out the annoying jerks that text in the theater, DURING the movie! That sort, I want to strangle! I actually went to a movie, ONCE, with someone that did that. I had to seriously restrain myself from taking the phone from her hands, and hurling it at the wall. Needless to say, I didn't see any more movie, or go anywhere else, with that person!!

Do you conceal carry in theaters? I'm just curious so I know whether or not to go to a theater again since disgruntled old men who hate cell phones can shoot people dead.

One, I am not a man. Two, people that carry don't go around shooting anyone that annoys them. Three, this isn't about "hating cell phones", but about people who are rude, and have their phone lit up during a movie, because they are too pathetic to go a couple of hours without a text. Any other questions?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Texters have the future, sure people can still do stuff with paper and pen and impress but it's a thing of the past really. Either sink or swim, go with that flow or not. If you don't and you might have children one day and you'll see you can't connect to them since they went with the flow and you find yourself on a side flow.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You might like one of these. A pocket cellphone jammer with 5 meter working radius.
Create your own text free bubble.

Create a safe driving bubble with a 80-100m radius around you with this baby.

You're welcome.

edit on 22/1/14 by D.Wolf because: link repaired

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

spiritspeak
If you don't and you might have children one day and you'll see you can't connect to them since they went with the flow and you find yourself on a side flow.

If that's the case, they will find themselves written out of the will. Remember, going with the flow usually leads downhill.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

D.Wolf

You might like one of these. A pocket cellphone jammer with 5 meter working radius.
Create your own text free bubble.

Create a safe driving bubble with a 80-100m radius around you with this baby.

You're welcome.

edit on 22/1/14 by D.Wolf because: link repaired

I could've used one those today. We're getting slapped down with a good sized snowstorm where I live right now. I just got off the roads which were covered with snow and the road crews cannot keep up. I do this looking for people who need help and a chance to exercise my 4x4. It's fun...usually.

And what do I see? Idiots who have not properly cleaned off their cars and are texting in low visibilty and slick roads. I hope they don't hurt anybody, but I do hope that they total their cars. They don't belong on the road in this weather.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

TDawgRex

spiritspeak
If you don't and you might have children one day and you'll see you can't connect to them since they went with the flow and you find yourself on a side flow.

If that's the case, they will find themselves written out of the will.

Why, you could text them the new version. Might take a couple of messages but there is software for that even group texting if you have more than one.

Remember, going with the flow usually leads downhill.

Way I see it, one way leads to the ice cold mountains and the other to the beach. But suit yourself if you feel you need to plant that flag on top.

Texting and driving is bad, just as anything diverting attention but there's going to be selfdriving cars in a few years.

I am worried about vocabulary, the average amount of words a person knows and the possible relation to texting and sending pictures instead of conversations in physical proximity and how that will develop in the future especially with the growing popularity of smartwatches and glasses which are ideal for texting.
edit on 25-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Its ironic OP.

I agree with you, but still, I guess I'm in a lesser position to judge.

I have an Android phone, had it for three years (I NEVER wanted a smart phone, just to be clear, it was a Christmas gift). I only ever used the phone as... you know... a phone. Only texted people if it was a subject of minor importance, NEVER had conversations through texting.

EXCEPT! With one person.

Someone who is now my fiance.

My Android keeps track of how many people I've texted. How many TIMES we've texted, and it keeps ALL the texts.

In the past three years, between me and all my friends and family, we've only shared about a hundred texts or less.

Between my current fiance, we've shared over two thousand.

He's one of these "texters," and while I prefer talking to someone rather than typing to them, he was worth it to me. I will agree though, it is a rather rude thing to do when your attention is supposed to belong to your present company. Like, say, on a date...?

That, and my fiance and I are both artists, and we texted our drawings to one another. We'd also talk when we were busy, be it with work, school, etc... so talking on the phone was a no-go. So, we texted.

My only point OP, if the person is worth it to you, you won't stop to think about any flukes like this. But its very clear that this girl was definitely not "the one." Good luck in your searchings, I dearly hope you become as lucky as I am one day~

edit on Xx649101031PM110 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Dur, wrong thread. Bedtime for me!
edit on 1/26/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join