It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is one group of people I hate. Texters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I’ve come to the conclusion that there is one group of people I hate. Texters. I don’t care what color they are, religion, ideology, what have you. I hate them all equally. They are useless members of society that feed off of supposed self importance.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now if you text while going to or from work on a bus or train, or from the safety of your own home, I’m cool with that.

If I am on a date and my date starts to answer a text, I get up, excuse myself and walk out. I don’t even bother to tell her where I’m going. (Home). And if we’ve already ordered…she’s stuck with the doggy bag as I won’t be there to eat it. Apparently I’m not worth the time to get to know me and as far as I am concerned, I don’t want to get to know her either. But at least she gets two free meals.

My advice to those people who are addicted to their lil friend…It’s a PHONE FOR GODS SAKE! USE IT AS SUCH! Or are you actually afraid to make interpersonal contact with a actual live human being?

Whew! I feel better for now, until I get cut off in traffic by another oxygen thieving driver while he/she is texting.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
maybe your date finds you boring, so she resorts to texting.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

As much as I agree with you about this whole nonsense of texting everywhere, the day you will encounter a girl you really like, trust me, you won't just leave like that if she texts in front of you.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

CleanCare
maybe your date finds you boring, so she resorts to texting.

That could be true. But when she does that, I find her to be repugnant and not worth my time. So I guess we all win…and she gets two free meals as well.

What I find really disgusting is that she will eventually be out there breeding...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I agree.
When I get a text I either call them and tell them to not text me again or just straight tell them to piss off and use the damn phone.
Certain people I have to text for work so I can't escape it as much as I would like but hey....I still have a normal cellphone my company provides me and at home...I still have a landline.
If I get 5 emails a year,its too many.

I also despise facebook and the excuses people have for NEEDING it.

Also...I wish I could slap the people who text while walking down the street....I hope they get hit by a car....thats called the Darwin award.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

St0rD

As much as I agree with you about this whole nonsense of texting everywhere, the day you will encounter a girl you really like, trust me, you won't just leave like that if she texts in front of you.

If I've known her for a bit...you're right. I have stuck around before for one girl.

But I did make my feelings known. She at least stopped it. But her career took her elsewhere as did mine. But at least we departed as friends. She always calls (or visa-versa) we NEVER text.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ugh, my daughter has become keen to that texting crap.

I lied to her and told her that my ancient cell phone doesn't have texting capabilities... this way she's forced to have to actually phone me so that I get the pleasure of hearing her beautiful voice instead.

... I'm such an evil, sneaky, underhanded, lying mom.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes texting is annoying and it's rude to talk or text on your phone when with somebody else.
It's also rude to walk out on somebody and stick them with the bill.

I think you have to get used to it and deal with it or move to a place where phones don't exist.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hey I feel you.

About two years ago before I met my current gf I was on a date with a very beautiful girl. It was a dinner date and it was a beautiful night, awesome music in distance and can you believe it...fireflies! Man it was perfect.

Unfortunately for her Facebook was more interesting than life. That didn't stop her from posting up plenty of pictures though of the night.

It's like...people can't enjoy things and relive the moments they missed looking at their phone by how many likes they get.

Needless to say, a few shagga doodle dahs later and I called it quits. She was pretty boring and had little to say.

Such a waste. She was really very pretty.

My current gf knows how irritated I get and she puts her phone away when we have dates or watch movies.

It really, really annoys the hell out of me.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've noticed that men text very little, especially behind the wheel, while women text ALL THE TIME when they are driving. I don't know what it is about women in their cars that they can never be alone with their thoughts, they always have to be talking with someone about something. What the hell did women DO before cell phones?? I can't believe females ever survived without them.

edit on 14-1-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

violet
Yes texting is annoying and it's rude to talk or text on your phone when with somebody else.
It's also rude to walk out on somebody and stick them with the bill.

I think you have to get used to it and deal with it or move to a place where phones don't exist.

But I don't stick them with the bill.

I pay the bill and leave.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I text while walking, talking, driving, . having sex, during dinner, watching movies..... while at work, during a conversation...

pfft 24/7... get with the times would you!

maybe not 24/7, but it seems that way sometimes. the interference it causes in healthy relationships does bring a bad form between people.

I remember the days before cell phones... they really were better IMO
edit on 14-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I just tweeted your thread @ #Ihatetweeting. . . wait, what?

Seriously, I agree.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ok, sorry I misunderstood

I think you should have gave her an explanation as to why she had to be so embarrassed from being walked out on so abruptly. You say you just got up and left. That's rather abrupt.
As it turns out she did something "wrong". Wrong in your book of rules.
So that's how you handle a situation when someone doesn't act how you think they should? Just run away like a baby having a tantrum? Are you that incredible to be with, that one should not miss any precious moment to give all their attention to YOU?

How about you just don't ask her out on a second date?

I don't like the texting either. I agree with you on that but we cannot pretend texting isn't so common in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What if your date has a relatively important job that requires them to be available literally 24/7 and their employer has no way of knowing they're on a date with a self-important new 'friend' who thinks they deserve the new person's undivided attention?

What if you don't find out that your new date has this relatively important job, paying a hunk of money, that you, yourself, could end up being at least the partial beneficiary of in lifestyle and opportunities, if only you had stuck around long enough to find out that your date is actually a very nice person with a busy life that predates yours truly?

Just curious, mind you.

*Disclaimer: Never texted in my life, don't own a cell phone, give new people in my life undivided attention until they prove they're not worth either the time or the bother.
edit on 520361pmTuesdayf03Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:03:52 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefendit
I've noticed that men text very little, especially behind the wheel, while women text ALL THE TIME when they are driving. I don't know what it is about women in their cars that they can never be alone with their thoughts, they always have to be talking with someone about something. What the hell did women DO before cell phones?? I can't believe females ever survived without them.

edit on 14-1-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

I disagree! I have an "adopted" little brother. He texts 24/7 non stop. I am always yelling at him because he tells me "I'll text you at the next stoplight" When he broke up with his girlfriend I got over 500 texts in a matter of days, I was so pissed off.

I only text because of him and my best friend because they don't seem to know any-other from of communication anymore. I love my best friend dearly, and I am not willing to throw away 12 years of friendship, but dang, I miss the sound of her voice.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

In my experience, it's usually the other way around. People that have their phone in front of their face most of the day tend to be boring with no personality or interests other than Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and texting.

I'm not sure I would call it quits from the first text, though, seems a bit harsh. If I felt I was being ignored or if that person was texting more than talking, I would not be too impressed.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That's hilarious!! How many women do you meet in a week? Is this the cause for rampant female obesity (two free meals at one sitting).
I'd try that too, but my wife would have a fit if I started dating again.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I guess that I am at my wits end when it comes to texting. I prefer social contact. This is the only social media site that I visit, but that is also because of the many and varied topics that we discuss here. So when I'm home alone with nothing to do...you'll find me here.

And they allow more than 140 characters, so it's easier to get a POV across.

Did ya see that? I used text speak.

Well, Crap! I guess I'm doomed now.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Snarl

That's hilarious!! How many women do you meet in a week? Is this the cause for rampant female obesity (two free meals at one sitting).
I'd try that too, but my wife would have a fit if I started dating again.

That would explain all the obese women in Cleveland wouldn't it?

Hell! I didn't even think of that. It's my fault! I will hence forth remove myself from the dating scene.

But it's going to lonely...I can tell you that.
But if it takes a sacrifice for the betterment of mankind, I'm willing to do it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join