It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only young/rich people will survive.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Xtrozero

vkey08
reply to post by Keylogger

There's that testosterone thing again, it has nothing to do with survival.. Women have existed as long as men and are required for reproduction there's no way we would just fade away and not survive because as you say, lower testosterone...

I'd like to see some research on that, namely, you come here with all your testosterone and se how long you can survive my onslaught.. I can guarantee you that unless you are 500 pounds and just can't be moved, you wouldn't..

I don't see bands of women ravaging the country side, do you? We can look at countries today where there is basically total anarchy and women do not have it so good, to say the least...

edit on 12-1-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

And you won't see them ravaging the countryside, at least round here you 'd see us GIVING THE ORDERS....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

I used to know a guy who thought he was a rich survivalist. He put all his money into gold and supplies. He bragged that he and his friends were forming a fortified neighborhood to weather the coming "economic apocalypse." He looked down on anyone who didn't prepare like he did. He liked guns and hated the government. When I pointed out to him that his diabetes was the biggest threat to his long-term survival, he scoffed. "I've got plenty of meds!" he said. Then I asked him how he planned on protecting his stores, and he told me "there is never any shortage of tough, battle-tested mercs."

"That's true," I replied, "but anyone whose loyalty can be bought at once price can be bought at a higher price by a rival just as easily." I also pointed out that in a true SHTF scenario, he would have "all the food, medicine, and bullets," plus three beautiful daughters, and all his mercs would have to do is kill him to take it all for themselves.

He stopped talking to me after that. This was in 1994.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

vkey08

Xtrozero

vkey08

There's that testosterone thing again, it has nothing to do with survival.. Women have existed as long as men and are required for reproduction there's no way we would just fade away and not survive because as you say, lower testosterone...

I'd like to see some research on that, namely, you come here with all your testosterone and se how long you can survive my onslaught.. I can guarantee you that unless you are 500 pounds and just can't be moved, you wouldn't..

I don't see bands of women ravaging the country side, do you? We can look at countries today where there is basically total anarchy and women do not have it so good, to say the least...

And you won't see them ravaging the countryside, at least round here you 'd see us GIVING THE ORDERS....

I think number 4 applies to you from this picture.
i.imgur.com...
you have never ruled the world. Because you lack
enough physical strength and intelligence to lead an army or a nation
Females act more on emotions rather then logic and they make terrible leaders.

Also that requests from you that you would like to fight me. I would lovely accept it and fight you.
Remember i'm not your average femine American male with high estrogenic hormone levels
edit on 12-1-2014 by Keylogger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Keylogger

vkey08

Xtrozero

vkey08

I think number 4 applies to you from this picture.
i.imgur.com...
you have never ruled the world. Because you lack
enough physical strength and intelligence to lead an army or a nation
Females act more on emotions rather then logic and they make terrible leaders.

Also that requests from you that you would like to fight me. I would lovely accept it and fight you.
Remember i'm not your average femine American male with high estrogenic hormone levels

Really? You really want to go there?

How many times have you been shot? I've survived at least 10 gunshot wounds over the course of my career.
How many tines have you been stabbed? I lost count..
How many children have you given birth to yourself, not your wife, or g/f... YOU.. Three here...
How many days do you think you could survive with your attitude in a crisis situation that required skill, some rational thinking and some creativity not only for yourself but your family as well. I would give you about a day..before you would piss off the wrong person and that would be the end of you. I've successfully kept my family going in freezing cold temps for 2 1/2 weeks without any modern conveniences.. (read no electricity and NO MAN) and could have lasted a hell of a lot longer if needed...

Your response on the fighting you shows exactly how uncivilized you really are, I was baiting you and you took it because your male ego demanded it. How dare some girl challenge ME..... *rolls eyes* I can tell you I don't care how Muscle bound and how "strong" you think you are, your attitude alone would cause you to lose.. I know I'm not a very "large" person, I make up for that in many other ways, things you probably forget about because your ego is in the way..

Also remember one other thing, the secret to staying alive in a fight, is to never HAVE to get in that fight to begin with..

I beat you befor ewe even began, all because you had to try and pull male superiority and insult me.. While I continue to go and put my life on the line every day so you can sit your fat ass behind your manly computer and type ou tthose insulting responses...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

WOW, stop it!!
Now you are truly showing character flaw.
Your responses lead me to believe that you would ne among the casualties in the first 48 of a disaster situation.
You are simply too hot headed and like young Ben said, "There is always a bigger fish".
While I do agree that women are inferior overall in the strength department, strength is not nearly everything.
And if women do not survive, neither does man.
Men have and still will die for women, or worse/better kill for them.

Wisdom is not knowing what to say, but what not to say.
~Me circa 2014

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A bit of doom to add to your ideas of how it will be...
I dont know, I think you are wishful thinking. It will be the back woods hard core survivalists who survive. Picture the hillbillies of your worst nightmares. Couple them with inner city gangs and hordes of mentally crazed welfare parasites and drug addicts without any dope. The first few months would be pure hell. Cannibalism will be the worst part in the beginning. Rape and lawlessness will run its course as those bands form alliances and create situations that will make Mad max seem like a slice of heaven in comparison. Man has to change, and I doubt it will happen soon enough to divert a cataclysmic humanitarian tragedy of biblical proportions.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Keylogger

And vkey08 isn't your 'average, useless' women!!

You've been whip-assed boy!!

Now go make my video!!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

vkey08

That is an interesting view, why do you see yourself and other women assuming a leadership roll when the first thing that goes out the window after the value of life in general are women's rights/freedom/social status in a lawless society.

America is about 1 week without power/control from a Darfur situation. I think we kid ourselves too much about surviving or having the ability to survive. Those that actually plan it out and prepare will do ok, the other 99.9% are in deep, you know what. When we look at the very isolated rural areas of America they have the best chance since in many of these areas they are still living somewhat basic and can get their own food water already off the grid.

When we look at a place like LA, EVERYONE will basically die, some quickly and some a few months later, but I think well under 5% can make it longer than 6 months in that scenario, and those will most likely be roving gangs of total lawlessness, kill or be killed scenarios that will weed each other out too and then internal fighting when there is no more food coming in.

Remember a grocery store has about 3 days worth of food before the selves are bare.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Right and there is no greater threat than a competent Mom protecting her young. It is an individual thing, people are different, some capable and others just think they are. When I was young I would not have wanted to get in my way.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes but up here in New England, the things are slightly different. After the first week without power neighborhoods started to band together and help each other, after the second resources were bartering around with everyone's skills being used to do something to help the collective.. by the time we were approaching week three, things had settled into routine.

There was no looting, even in our larger cities... And it was equal share men and women doing the work, so I'm wondering how you can lump the whole country int othis "darfur" reference.. I also think that places like the high desert and Imperial Valley and out approaching Needles would surprise you..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Keylogger
All these comments about starting fire...
That's so easy we shouldn't even talk about it, i made my own fires at the age of 5 with rope and dry wood.
Also about these girls/beating me up comments, i don't want to brag or anything but i'm Russian amateur bodybuilder with around 30-40 street fights from age 5-20. So don't talk about fighting because im an expert in it. I lost only 1 time, and no i'm not a bully in fact i fighted bad people all my life. Even stood up for people that were bullied and fighted them, when i was a kid i though that god gave me great fighting powers to fight bad people.

Just because you can fight, does not mean every woman in the world is inferior.

My point was that there are plenty of women who can hold their own, to suggest all women are inferior is the most Ignorant thing I have heard in a long time.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

vkey08

and some creativity not only for yourself but your family as well. I would give you about a day..before you would piss off the wrong person and that would be the end of you. I've successfully kept my family going in freezing cold temps for 2 1/2 weeks without any modern conveniences.. (read no electricity and NO MAN) and could have lasted a hell of a lot longer if needed...

2 weeks in freezing temp?... My family long time ago lived for months in winter in freezing temperatures, all they had to do
is make a special furnace that would work on wood and heat the concrete walls. We lived also without electricity and made our own candles. We farmed our own food/animals.
So 2 weeks no electricity/freezing temperatures, you're so badass! (sarcasm) Oh and yeah, also without a men.

Your response on the fighting you shows exactly how uncivilized you really are, I was baiting you and you took it because your male ego demanded it. How dare some girl challenge ME..... *rolls eyes* I can tell you I don't care how Muscle bound and how "strong" you think you are, your attitude alone would cause you to lose.. I know I'm not a very "large" person, I make up for that in many other ways, things you probably forget about because your ego is in the way.. '

You were baiting me and i think everyone could notice this easy, but what i noticed is that your femine ego is too high and that you're a feminist.

I beat you befor ewe even began, all because you had to try and pull male superiority and insult me.. While I continue to go and put my life on the line every day so you can sit your fat ass behind your manly computer and type ou tthose insulting responses...

I beat you before efe even began, that's what every feminists says. Your life for me on the line? First of all you do it for yourself you're getting money for it so that's your problem and no1 cares. Second i don't live in America. Third i am not a fat ass, like i said an amateur bodybuilder with a physical condition 1in 100.000 in American standarts where 2/3 are fat.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

"fat ass" does not necessarily mean someone's physique.... It refers to a way of thinking..

So what that I get paid to do my job? I do it well, I CHOOSE to work in the line of work I am in, and I gladly do it. It's not for me that I work doing what I do, it's for the 14-15 million (or however many people live in this country) citizens in the United States that count on someone doing that which I do..

When you are used to having power, 2 weeks is like 2 years, when it's suddenly cut due to an adverse weather event in an area not normally prone to them, you have to adapt, that was my point, not that I was badass or somehow better, that we adapt, and adapted.. something that goes back to item 1 see "fat posterior"

Yes I did beat you before we even began, the fact that you cannot see where you messed up shows exactly where you would mess up again when you pissed off the wrong person in a survival situation. I am hardly a feminist, my husband died for this country, and he was my hero. I would die for my children and just about any one of my friends, and even people i don't know.. if the cause was just.. My ego isn't "too high" as most people that know me personally can attest to..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am male. 40 years old, 250 pounds, run/jog/hike often, kayak a few times a week, served 21 years in the military, spent my first 17 years in Detroit on the streets. I had hundreds of fights before I turned 17, been stabbed, shot, beaten with ball bats and hockey sticks, and even got blown up a few times in Iraq. started fighting for money when I was 16 and stopped when I was 36 and all told I lost four fights in my life (two of them were against four guys and two were just superior fighters). I like to think I am an expert too

Survival (when and if the S hits the F), will not be a matter of muscle and brawn so much as it will be determined by heart. How far is a person willing to go and what are they willing to do to survive. Tying yourself to a tree is an easy task, ending a life is not. I have seen giant linebacker men cry in firefights and I have seen women jump up to get into a gunner hatch for a better firing angle. Gender doesn't play a role in morals (though I did think all women were heartless for many years).

The rich have the advantage of preparation. An advantage that a majority of them are not using. Having a million dollars worth of "chromey go-fast" gear will only make them a better target.

Your belief that hunting will be the way to survive is misplaced. The chaos in the cities will cause a mass exodus into surrounding areas. This influx of people will spook the animals and make hunting an almost impossible task. Gathering is the surest method of eating (a task that was usually performed by your early frail and weak females). Almost everyone can fire a gun, most can use a bow with minimal training, however I would have to guess that less than 10% of a given population know the edible plants in their area. Plants will not be running and hiding due to the mass migrations during a disaster scenario.

It's easy to say that women and children are a burden and that lone males are better off sticking together. It's another thing to know that people are hardwired to defend what is theirs. Women will protect their children and mates just as well as men will protect their children and mates. It's in our nature to protect the species. Deep down it is what drives us. That core function is what will draw people together for a common defense rather than separate them in isolated pockets of survivors.

If you want to base things off movies I would suggest "the Road" rather than fake survivor shows on TV. Death will be all around us 24/7 and the goal will be to find others like us rather than the safety of isolation. You should also pay attention to the fact that trust will be none existent. An outsider with a family unit (woman and kids) is more likely to not be shot out of hand as opposed to a single or pair of males (typical aggressor/scout team).

Of course that is all just my two cents, I could be just as wrong as I think you are on the subject.

edit on 12-1-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Please, just stop it! You started off your thread okay(ish), putting across your point of view. Then people started commenting, giving plenty of reason why your theory may be flawed a little. You then got all aggressive with these people, who in all honesty, are speaking sense. Now you've turned it into a woman bashing thread!

The crux of the matter is, you are wrong. The young/rich will not be the only ones to survive. As pointed out, it would get nasty in the bigger towns and cities. Groups and small communities would form, and get by. In the smaller villages, they are probably more likely to get by, as normally these are close knit communities (well, mine is). Both men and women would be equal, both having their own roles based on skills probably.

Don't be stubborn, and think your way is the only way it would all work out. It's not.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh I'll just put a bullet in their head or use a knife so the neighbors aren't bothered.
Toss him to the end of the street and wait for the next moron.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Wonderful post.

Sling shots. My poor Mississippi grandparents passed down how to hunt with a sling shot. Have not done it for years, but I think it would come back. At one time, a preferred hunting weapon for women.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

cavtrooper7

Oh I'll just put a bullet in their head or use a knife so the neighbors aren't bothered.
Toss him to the end of the street and wait for the next moron.

why waste a bullet?

He would unfortunately do himself in on his own after a very short amount of time..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Following a worst case scenario of being attack globally and some phys. mineral or meta material interest removal or displacement/capture that is started with some odd mind controlling device-organism interacting directly or indirectly with targeted species to encourage or influence some of species to release upon their many, ills of some kind to further decrease and free some soul space for another soul group to ID move in.

gr,sy,cs
1 would consider if possible gaining control of some abandoned techs that may offer air cosmic or sea observation of course after reading the operators manuals and applying some intelligence gained in areas not understood. And either use drone tech in the land mass located in to scan sky cosmos sea etc. and respond if need be. Why at the same time trying to gain quick assessment of the nuclear reactors that may be present that may be nearing meltdown due to non maintenance so may be good to avoid these areas where they may melt down unless valuable retrievable material needed obtained. As well as assessment of waste management facilities that may also fail and be areas for heightened disease or sickness and need avoided may not even be good for hunting or gathering.
After "we" have the manuals read and know how to operate certain travel techs personally seeking a SUB
or UFO
hopefully with an advanced ai system to assist that can remote control other techs... Who knows what assistances may be found if any submerged or off EA*RTH during scenario that may have been tried before? another conspiracy topic.

OT yes in submerged craft or UFO operating drones for sky eye water drones for sea eyes(incase there are air pocketed areas beneath where lay over can be made. "we" both females and males, so get along- then follow next phase with access to technology hidden today and respond... gr,sy,cs lly

"WE" can be many parts poor rich old young female, male, the point is how many interact and operate amongst each other and keep integrity within and demonstrate intelligence as if teaching future generations how to act behave (ignorance observed voted on then denied) why trying to survive whatever it is many feel may be to come. My worst case scenario is all speculative so none important just responding to the OP and adding some imagination to the scenario as to further push the minds to think just incase. Don't worry.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

vkey08
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes but up here in New England, the things are slightly different. After the first week without power neighborhoods started to band together and help each other, after the second resources were bartering around with everyone's skills being used to do something to help the collective.. by the time we were approaching week three, things had settled into routine.

There was no looting, even in our larger cities... And it was equal share men and women doing the work, so I'm wondering how you can lump the whole country int othis "darfur" reference.. I also think that places like the high desert and Imperial Valley and out approaching Needles would surprise you..

When people run out of food and water they get desperate. The vast majority of the country do not have much more than a weeks worth of food on hand. I'm glad you live in a utopia and will have no issues......GL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join