It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only young/rich people will survive.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You guys really have to deal with this.

When somthing bad happends with our world/goverment etc. it will be like a war zone.
Cities will be looted first, after months people will be protective like animals who are trying to survive. Then diseases start braking out in the cities because of dead bodies mutating viruses etc.
The first years the population will decrease drastically and people will live normal again, only the strongest/smartest/richest will survive. The people who survived will live like poor people from land.
The richest would probably have a place to hide in a bunker etc.

Young strong/smart males will have the highest chance of survival aged 20-40.

It doesn't matter if you have a house full of foods/water/weapons it can be easily taken away. Like for example, they can easily set your house on fire if they know you have food or if there is somthing valuable in your house like food/weapons.
Best way to survive in my opinion if you aren't rich, is to travel far away into the woods/islands with some kind of weapon gun/knifes etc. When you need to sleep you can always climb a tree and bind yourself to a tree branch and sleep.

When you need food/water you can find plenty of natural sources in the woods that provide water without bacteria and food.
For example: Fish/Animal meat etc. If you're going to survive it is best to survive solo or with another male.
It will be much harder to survive in a group of people or with kids/females/older people.

The people who have weapons/guns etc. will steal your food and resources and it is very easy to spot a group.
There will be alot of people near lakes/natural water resources it is best to avoid them and come only there if you need something to survive.
Just imagine if there are 200.000 people in your city that don't have any food or water for the future. Every place will have some people on it, doesn't matter where woods/islands/mountains etc. In U.S people have guns so
many people will steal and kill easily. It is best to stay out of sight from other people, so prepping your house with foods/weapons etc. is a very bad idea.

The best way to survive if you don't have any bunker etc. is solo or duo withg resources for surviving like guns/firelighters etc.
The most important thing is to know when to run or fight, survival of the fittest. The first people who act/think will survive.

This video contains real life and violence, but it is advised to watch it so you can remind yourself of real life.

Vid below
[REMOVED BY STAFF]

In the video you can see survival of the fittest.
1. A man is standing with his face turned to the wall so he couldnt see the danger from his back. It was too late for him to react and do something about it. Survival of the fittest/

2. 3 males aware of their surroundings noticed the danger fast and didn't hisitate to act fast by running away fast. / survival of the fittest

3. fourth male didn't have a fast response to it , it even looks like he wanted to take his belongings with him in this case his bike. So if there is danger act on it and don't even think about your belongings your life is more important.

This video was for educational purposes and can teach you alot about real life, there are more videos like this and can teach you and prepare you for real life situations.

As you can see small mistakes can cost you your life, that's why it is survival of the fittest.

edit on 12-1-2014 by Keylogger because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jan 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Lol

You watched too many TV's and Movies with that thema. No wonder you are believing in it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Hombre
Lol

You watched too many TV's and Movies with that thema. No wonder you are believing in it.

Tell me what females/older people/kids will do without any weapons against a male who wants to take away their food and resources? It's like taking candy away from a kid.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

For example: Fish/Animal meat etc. If you're going to survive it is best to survive solo or with another male. It will be much harder to survive in a group of people or with kids/females/older people.

Where in the world did you get this idea from? I know plenty of women that can survive off the land just as well as any man. Also in a SHTF scenario the rich people will be taken out first because people will know that they will have supplies. And many of the wealthy will be useless because they know nothing about surviving because they have always had other people do those kind of things for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
and just to add yeah roped to a tree dont forget bear climb tree bobcat too

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The only reason there would be any chaos in a collapse/ crisis is the way we have been conditioned to react by our flat screen, that thing most of you worship on a daily basis.

Anarchy would work fine in a population that has something resembling morals, but most really don't, they kill each other for worshipping the wrong imaginary guy in the sky, for wearing the wrong colors, marginalize each other out of brand loyalty.

Brand Loyalty, gimme a break, you want me to talk up your product , you better gimme a commission.....

Youth is an advantage only physically, if a person does not have the skills to procure food in the wilderness or be able to behave themselves well enough to get help they will be just as dead as anybody else in a fairly short time.

There is food available locally, and trading and barter would come into play without money which will be useless in a complete collapse, be nice and ask because without electricity for the fridge, it's either share, feed it to the animals or sit and enjoy the smell of it rotting.

Most of the issues you present are only issues for those thugs and bigots which exist everywhere and always have, the only difference in a collapse is the thugs and bigots will no longer be in charge as they are now.

Most people are pretty much thug-like and bigoted anyway, and when the time comes, the collapse, those will be the first ones to go, it'll be a fight but they won't last without backup by ignorant fools who like the way things are right now, which will land us in the same crap again later on.

The worst that can happen is you would die, but last time I checked that was the last thing anybody does anyway.

Turn off your TV, it is your worst enemy.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

buster2010

For example: Fish/Animal meat etc. If you're going to survive it is best to survive solo or with another male. It will be much harder to survive in a group of people or with kids/females/older people.

Where in the world did you get this idea from? I know plenty of women that can survive off the land just as well as any man. Also in a SHTF scenario the rich people will be taken out first because people will know that they will have supplies. And many of the wealthy will be useless because they know nothing about surviving because they have always had other people do those kind of things for them.

It's truth the females can survive of the land just like males. But the problem is they cannot protect without weapons since they're physically inferior. Did you ever watch the program in discovery channel where a guy and a female try to survive together?
The females is pretty much useless and just being annoying. The men did almost all the work.
Or did you see the survival program where a group of people were trying to survive like in the older ages?
The females were pretty much useless again, hunting etc. was the mens work.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I really disagree with your view point Op, I have read numerous books regarding a SHTF scenario and feel that it all boils down to preparation and an element of luck. You could flee to the hills fully prepped and trained and fall and break your leg. Women can manipulate men and in most of these books get extra protection or use their sex appeal to survive. In most cases older men survive as they are less likely to be rash or attract unwanted attention. Ultimately it’s all relative to the situation and the persons involved. I would go as remote as possible and get away from the cites as they would be like mad max with cholera and other nasty diseases thrown in.
I hope it never happens to be honest as I don’t think I would want to live in a world where the daily survival would mean both struggle and terrible deeds.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think you have blinders on. You have a scope that is too narrow.

Strength does not = survival. Being athletic, quick and smart are the keys to survival.

Bacteria is in the wild as well. the Woods are not bacteria free. Unless you know your plants and roots, eating poisonous items will kill you.

Unless its a needle bearing tree, in the winter it will be easy to see you in any other kind of tree.

Building a fire from scratch will be essential as well.

Communities of people near food and water will be the best chance of survival.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There are still communities that will stick together and take care of themselves. There will be neighborhoods in the cities that will do the same thing. It may be more like gang warfare than people going it on their own.

No man is an island. We must bind as communities if this happens and oust the ones who want to profit by the disaster from the communities. There is no room for the greedy at this time if it happens. Your local areas should try to become self dependent a little and form a plan to work together during a disaster. We have to start helping each other, not be dependent completely on the government.

Don't be getting paranoid on us OP. The older people, especially the vets, will band together to maintain safety and try to keep civility in the community. Local police in communities will need help to enforce civility. Police from outside of the community may not have the ties to the community to work with it, if they are there, hopefully they will consider it like their own community.
edit on 12-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Keylogger

buster2010

It's truth the females can survive of the land just like males. But the problem is they cannot protect without weapons since they're physically inferior. Did you ever watch the program in discovery channel where a guy and a female try to survive together?
The females is pretty much useless and just being annoying. The men did almost all the work.
Or did you see the survival program where a group of people were trying to survive like in the older ages?
The females were pretty much useless again, hunting etc. was the mens work.

Sounds like you have gotten all your knowledge about women from tv. Just because you see a woman on tv then it's that way with all women? Pure ignorance. Here's a nickels worth of free advice kid. Turn your tv off and get out into the real world and see what real women are really capable of you would be surprised at how many that could show you a thing or two.

link   

Keylogger

When you need to sleep you can always climb a tree and bind yourself to a tree branch and sleep.

I don't suppose you could personally knock up a quick youtube video for me, showing me how to do it, just in case the time comes and I need this skill. Me being the weaker sex, and least likely to survive and all that.

Looking forward to that video!

link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Dog Shiner's point of view is more likely.

Perhaps the super rich and prepared along with the strongest and healthiest are the most likely to survive a complete crash of our society. This would be more along the line of a Mad Max scenario. However, given the current environmental accidents and the probability of future disasters in such a total collapse, very few will survive a super toxic environment regardless of their wealth and/or health.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Could somebody inform us up here in Yooperville when tshtf. We may not know it for a year. Everyone will be fishing and hunting and gardening, we won't have time to worry. Just don't try to steal someone's chickens if things go bad.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner

Youth is an advantage only physically, if a person does not have the skills to procure food in the wilderness or be able to behave themselves well enough to get help they will be just as dead as anybody else in a fairly short time.

Youth have the advantage physically and physical adventage is the most dominant factor to survive imo.
Just imagine there is now zombie apocalypse.
Younger people form a large group that consists only of younger people aged 18-25. Now they have a large group that can take down targets/steal/escape/be protective etc.
If you don't have guns against these groups you can't do nothing to them physically and you will lose it all.
Surviving in the wilderness is alot harder for large groups so it is best to do it alone or with somebody.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Keylogger

Without going into too many details.

I personally know a few females who could run circles around many Males in a survival scenario. They either have great woodland survival skills and or know firearms, I'm sorry but using that one 'Made for TV' show as an example does not mean there aren't females who are more than capable of taking care of themselves and others.

The truth however imho is that the vast majority of the 'Modern" world would perish though. The more we have become 'Civilized" the less 'Survival skills' we have learned or retained.
edit on 12-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Keylogger

Youth have the advantage physically and physical adventage is the most dominant factor to survive imo.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Just the title of the thread made no sense to me.

Natural and cosmic disasters don't discriminate people.

I'm an straight man and I need a woman as much as food and water to survive. So women have best chances than men to survive in my area.

Manmade disasters don't obey logic, they are unpredictable and always end out of control of their perpetrators.
edit on 12-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

nugget1

Now, Now..

Don't hold his youth and inexperience against him

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

nugget1

It would be truth 2000 years ago, but not in this age. Where every area is populated. Physical strength and knowledge is the ost important factor in this age of time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join