It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariel Sharon has died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Ariel Sharon, former Israeli prime minister, dies at 85

Sharon, a controversial military leader, launched a long and tumultuous political career that culminated in the disengagement from Gaza. He died after eight years in a coma at Tel Hashomer hospital in Tel Aviv.

Former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon died Saturday after a significant deterioration in his medical condition over the past two weeks. Sharon, who was 85, was comatose for past eight years.

On January 4, 2006, Ariel "Arik” Sharon was at the height of his political power: His newly founded Kadima party had just beat the rival parties to a pulp in pre-elections polls, which predicted it securing 40 Knesset seats in the approaching election.

Then in a single moment, the 78-year-old Sharon fell from the political stage, suffering his second serious stroke within two-and-half weeks and bringing his electoral blitz to a halt. Israel's prime minister was brought to Jerusalem's Hadassah University Hospital in Ein Karem, and his illness soon became the focus of world attention in the frenzied 2006 Israeli elections campaign.

Everyone had expected Sharon, the controversial military and political leader, to substantially push forward the peace process with the Palestinians, the primary reason he had left the Likud party and established Kadima.
Haaretz

This is big news, even though it was already sure he was going to die in few days. No one survives from kidney failure, specially if they are old. He was in coma for almost 8 years.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Now we are just waiting for warmonger Natanyahu to cark it and save alot of innocent peoples lives

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well, I've always thought it exceptionally low class to party over anyone's death. It's a personal thing of course and just my humble thoughts...

I have to admit..there are moments that test that particular personal rule.

I suppose I'll just say, everyone has family. Everyone.. So.. I hope his family is doing alright. Beyond that? I'll hang onto the adage of 'if I can't say something nice.......'

Anyone interested in another source..Here is Reuters on it this morning.

Former Israeli Prime Minister Sharon dead: Army Radio
edit on 11-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
RIP. He was hoping to pave the way for more peace, then had a stroke, was in a coma with reports now and then of some consciousness, and has finally gone. Sad.

There was a big thread here about some prophecy, that should be jumping with posters today.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't want to touch the politics here with a ten foot pole....so
R.I.P.

And here comes the politics and prophecies...3...2...1....

edit on 11-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yeah, now we are just waiting for Yeshua (or Jesus) to come back to Earth like predicted. He will take the throne of the Israel.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well since nobody has done it yet i will.

I predict that Israel will burn soon.

Who wanna bet against that?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Regardless of what people thought him, his life was very much the story of modern day Israel.

He was pivotal at almost every point in modern Israel's history , that's quite an achievement.

I won't speak ill of the dead so .........................

Cody

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Good day to not be a mod i think, that being said i think ill rather be dead that in a coma for a decade
edit on 11-1-2014 by Indigent because: ratter for rather...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
according a prediction made by Rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri ,,the Messiah is suppose return shortly after Ariel Sharons death

edit on 11-1-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Regardless of what people thought him, his life was very much the story of modern day Israel.

That is a very accurate thing to say without bogging down in the real specifics of it. His life did carry across and run the ups and downs of Israeli life and the course of the nation itself.

Indeed.. That, he'll likely be known for and associated with for both the good and the bad for both extremes he oversaw during his time.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by cody599

That is a very accurate thing to say without bogging down in the real specifics of it. His life did carry across and run the ups and downs of Israeli life and the course of the nation itself.

Indeed.. That, he'll likely be known for and associated with for both the good and the bad for both extremes he oversaw during his time.

You guys typed the words right out of my fingers...star for both...

I'm not good with politics..so I'll let it stand here.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, it isnt in good taste.

But wow, the amount of evil committed by this man...

edit on 11-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

The Sabra and Shatila massacre was the slaughter of between 762 and 3,500 civilians, mostly Palestinians and Lebanese Shiites, by a Lebanese Christian militia in the Sabra neighborhood and the adjacent Shatila refugee camp in Beirut, Lebanon from approximately 6:00 pm 16 September to 8:00 am 18 September 1982

The actual killers were the "Young Men", a gang recruited by Elie Hobeika, the Lebanese Forces intelligence chief, from men who had been expelled from the Lebanese Forces for insubordination or criminal activities.The killings are widely believed to have taken place under Hobeika's direct orders. Hobeika's family and fiancée had been murdered by Palestinian militiamen, and their Lebanese allies, at the Damour massacre of 1976, itself a response to a previous massacre of Palestinians and Lebanese Muslims at the hands of Christian militants. Hobeika later became a long-serving Member of the Parliament of Lebanon and served in several ministerial roles. In 1983, a UN commission chaired by Sean MacBride concluded that Israel bore responsibility for the violence. In 1983, the Israeli Kahan Commission, appointed to investigate the incident, found that Israeli military personnel, aware that a massacre was in progress, had failed to take serious steps to stop it. Thus Israel was indirectly responsible, while Ariel Sharon, then Defense Minister, bore personal responsibility "for ignoring the danger of bloodshed and revenge", forcing him to resign

en.wikipedia.org...

What a loss. World needs such people.

Worshiping the dead

Pictures talk
edit on 11-1-2014 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
RIP

The man was a Lithuanian Jew....

see this report which includes a brief synopsis of his life
www.foxnews.com...

now, Lets see how long foe both the Jewish and Islamic Messiah's to return

the Saudi king that died 9 years ago and Ariel Sharon who went into coma 8 years ago were both predicted to be the precursor deaths to the return of these major middle east religions Messiah

? a week, 40 days...42 months ?
the two leaders went out-of-this-world a year apart...perhaps we should anticipate the prophetic clock for the 7 year end-times sometime in the winter-spring of 2015

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

That was my first thought when I heard of his passing away earlier this morning on the news. Anyways, prayers to his family in this time.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Did the builders of the Berlin Wall get ATS eulogies too?

Hopefully he will be remembered for how he lived but sadly I fear that history books will portray him as a hero.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Aleister
RIP. He was hoping to pave the way for more peace, then had a stroke, was in a coma with reports now and then of some consciousness, and has finally gone. Sad.

There was a big thread here about some prophecy, that should be jumping with posters today.

Pave the way for more peace?? He was a monster that had no problem with targeting innocents. He should have been tried as a war criminal and executed like the Nazis. If there is a hell may he enjoy it for eternity.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Aleister

No doubt.
100% of the prediction threads fail but since this guy was a rabbi for some reason people are thinking it is true.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
well there's more than one possible "messiah", set to come upon the world stage, depending on who ya listen to. there's the muslim mahdi and the christian jesus. these are not the same individual, although some muslims think they are. jesus went up on a cloud, whereas the muslim fellow, who was tossed in a "well," went down. now that doesn't mean the well itself was an actual well - it could've been a wormhole or portal or who knows what else, but that is not the way jesus departed,
so mahdi and jesus, are not the same guy.

the rabbi who stated that messiah is jesus and that he will return shortly after sharon's death, may inadvertently be setting people up to accept mahdi as jesus. this would be a huge mistake in my estimation. i mean, if you follow the prophecies, that is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join