It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Golden Orb" Hovers Near Space Station solar panel, Jan 7, 2014... What is it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Sorry, I meant obviously it's moving but as viewed from the camera "stationary" i.e. tagging along at the same speed. and completely still........very odd. I wonder? If you hold something then let go of it in space does it move.....at all? i'm sure it would take a lot of effort to make it completely stationary as this looks?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Phage mate, can you add anything to this? I.e the science behind holding something and making it completely motionless in space. I'm just trying to discount the possibility of something being left outside that was left by an astronaut?

Thanks buddy.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
CGI… and as nice proof that just because you can use a few parameters of a program it does not mean that you at all know anything about composition and lighting.

The light source on the orb is top right, the sun on the space station is left…. impossible lighting.

So I wont even say nice try… it was a pretty weak try.
edit on 8/1/14 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
could possibly be a reflection or lens flare, or meatball

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I agree, if it was space junk it would have to be moving at the same speed and not move away.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It looks to me as if the golden orb is stationary and you can obviously see that solar panels are slowly moving toward the left of the screen, just jump around in the video a bit and keep an eye on where the panels are in relation to everything else. My opinion is that the orb is either a reflection or something within or on the camera lens.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Anyone working with film/photography can tell that it's not a reflection. So that's out of the question. It is 3 dimensional and is shaded. Could be debris or anything really, but a lens flare or light reflection it is not.

Its an object.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Chazam
reply to post by elouina

Anyone working with film/photography can tell that it's not a reflection. So that's out of the question. It is 3 dimensional and is shaded. Could be debris or anything really, but a lens flare or light reflection it is not.

Its an object.

So do you?

it looks like a reflection look what happens to it as it goes towards the edge of the solar panel!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I watched the video few times and these are the things I noticed:

1) solar panels are apparently moving to the left if we keep the fuselage of the ISS as reference point
2) since the beginning of the raw video (let's say about 2:32) on the right panel there is a straight black shadow, that I think should be the white arm/pipe on the high left. It's funny that such a shadow is not on the left panel
3) when the supposed gold orb starts to "materialize" (about 2:53) it also seem projecting a round little shadow on the same panel, that later disappears (about 3:30)
4) The white arm's shadow slowly also disappears, apparently "eaten" by the golden orb. This is the point that baffles me most. Where does the shadow go??

Because of the shadow it projects (point 3) I would exclude the orb is a reflection from the panels, it does seem to me an object and this object does not seem to have any physical connection with the ISS. Now, it that thing is real and is there, it must travel to the same speed of ISS because of its apparent immobility.

All this above is IMHO enough to say it's a legit UFO. Not sure if everybody will agree...lol

Great catch Arken, thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

I totally agree, mate. It's an object. Definitely.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Whatever it is, it seems to be throwing its shadow onto the solar panel.
Of course, the side we see is in the sun, blocking the sun and why it's shadow is seen on the panel.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Whatever it is, it seems to be throwing its shadow onto the solar panel.

There is NO shadow from the "orb".

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

2) since the beginning of the raw video (let's say about 2:32) on the right panel there is a straight black shadow, that I think should be the white arm/pipe on the high left. It's funny that such a shadow is not on the left panel

Why would there be a shadow on the left panel? The shadow begins on the right one as it should. It begins with the shadow of what I think is the camera lighting unit (CLU) at the end of the arm.

4) The white arm's shadow slowly also disappears, apparently "eaten" by the golden orb. This is the point that baffles me most. Where does the shadow go??

It goes off the right of the panel because the panel moves to the left.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised Jim Oberg hasn't chimed in. The object is staying stationary relative to the camera. It's not floating around in space. You can see through the "object" and the bleeding of colors when the ISS is between the panels and it's obviously a reflection:

The shadow you see is from the RMS arm on the solar panel BEHIND the reflection making it look a solid object:

It just looks like an optical illusion to me. Not a golden orb.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Odd? If you watch the video then move the youtube slider bar forward and backwards you will see the solar panel move but the "orb" remains stationary (Yes I know it's actually moving at 7.71 KM per sec)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Maybe that's because the orb is IN the camera, as in, internal reflection. As has been shown there is no shadow from the "orb".

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok, a reflection of what?

and how does a "reflection" reflect in-between the gap in the solar panels.

Nope, not buying a reflection. It's an object

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thats impressive CGI...I like how it materlizes. Very well done.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Oh, CGI on a live broadcast from NASA? Wow.....

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Lol. Touche. Just get what Im being sarcastic about. If there ever was a scary ufo imaginable. That's one it.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join