It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy of 12 hauled out of class by police over David Cameron facebook protest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I smell a BACKFIRE

This kid is now going to be the most popular kid in school (if they knew what was good for 'em)

Victory!!!!!!!

edit on 2106x6721America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What a joke. Anti-terror police for a 12 year old.

At least this boy has the balls to plan a protest outside Cameron's office for something good, good on this kid seriously.

And they got the Anti-terror police involved what a joke.

It gets worse everyday.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

solargeddon

Poor kid, of course in a way best that he learns now, so that he can be a little more savvy in future as to just how far big society can reach.

Anyone who still thinks privacy exists after this article needs their eyes tested, in fact anyone who still believes if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear after this article needs their head tested.

the world please, I want to get off!

Funny, I had the same thought, Mars is looking good, while William Haig is an outright liar, Snowden blew him clean out of the water...matter of fact, since that you don't see much of him??

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Biigs
For anti-terror police, they sure terrorized him 0.o

Crazy!

What a little free thinker, its a shame he may be put off in the future, smart 12 year olds that take an interest in politics and their country, we need more of!

edit on 7-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Yes, firmly agreed. Most 12 year olds are playing video games.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

mr-lizard
3 - Oh you're a tory supporter? That's right blame the kid and the newspaper and dodge the issue.

You need to try and keep open minded Mr Lizard. If this was the Telegraph I would have pointed out that it was a pro Tory newspaper. Often, I find, that to question the source of the news helps understand the reporting slant. Just like I would not trust RT.com to be anything other than anti-Western.

It is not possible to ascertain my political leanings by not joining in with the inevitable Cameron is an X, Y and Z, police state gibberish.

Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Actually, I think this story may be saying alot, without meaning to.

What does it REALLY mean, that the people in charge of watching for Terror threats, actually have the time and manpower to worry about what a 12 year old is posting on facebook?

Were they bored?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've had look for him on twitter and came across one Nicky Wishart from Eynsham. It's either been set up recently as it's made only 5 tweets and only 16 followers or there is no record of this twitter account I can see. I want to know what was so bad that caught the authorities attention in the first place.

The stories also from 2010.
edit on 7-1-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

paraphi

mr-lizard
3 - Oh you're a tory supporter? That's right blame the kid and the newspaper and dodge the issue.

You need to try and keep open minded Mr Lizard. If this was the Telegraph I would have pointed out that it was a pro Tory newspaper. Often, I find, that to question the source of the news helps understand the reporting slant. Just like I would not trust RT.com to be anything other than anti-Western.

It is not possible to ascertain my political leanings by not joining in with the inevitable Cameron is an X, Y and Z, police state gibberish.

Regards

Apologies then. I jumped to a conclusion. No offence intended.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ollie769
Hmmm. Could we be seeing the creation of the next Mandela?

Let's hope not! One over glorified child murderer is enough!

On topic, this is utterly insane. Some twelve year old boy plans a small boycott and the government gets involved? What the actual f***?! Great waste of time and resources.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Protesting is terrorism, duh.

Ignorance is strength, duh.

War is peace, duh.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
does anybody here think this is really about terrorism?????? but as one poster said..it shows that 'they' have time to look at 12YO BOYS FACEBOOK POSTS.........pause for effect, pause for effect...

this is about intimidating the public, this is about intimadating the masses...they know they cant really stop any real terorist attack so 'they' play the waiting game that the masses cant play....."we will indocrinate YOUR children to fear, to fear not the 'terrorist' but to fear the authority of the state"...guess who is winning that game?? the state...

the lossing team doesnt think its gunna loses untill its to late....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

woodwardjnr
I've had look for him on twitter and came across one Nicky Wishart from Eynsham. It's either been set up recently as it's made only 5 tweets and only 16 followers or there is no record of this twitter account I can see. I want to know what was so bad that caught the authorities attention in the first place.

The stories also from 2010.
edit on 7-1-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

That's correct, the story is from Dec 2010. It was also carried by The Guardian, pretty much an A-political paper.

www.theguardian.com...

The story is much the same though. What is a bit clearer is that the officer involved is a schools liason officer, however he still reportedly threatened the boy with arrest if things got out of hand, as he was the organiser. That is a disgrace, it was bullying and intimidation in one.
The Guardian also reports that the school head made no comment other than there would be an internal review, you can make what you want out of that.
There is a caveat, the liason officer could have been badly advised by the anti-terrorist geeks because of protests by mature students about grants, but he should have been, as a trained lower schools officer, intelligent enough not to transfer a dubious threat to a child. More so, the parent/s should have been in attendance.
edit on 7-1-2014 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

chiefsmom

What does it REALLY mean, that the people in charge of watching for Terror threats, actually have the time and manpower to worry about what a 12 year old is posting on facebook?

Were they bored?

That's normal. In Germany they said they need to monitor all bank accounts for suspicion of "terrorists", but they mainly make sure that students on scholarships or people on welfare don't get too much money on the side. Obviously they don't check if people dodge a few 100k in taxes though.

I guess they only fabricate those "terror threats" if people start disbelieving it, then all of a sudden they arrest a bunch of "terrorists" that nobody ever hears from again afterwards, but at least they make the headlines for a few days. Happened before elections, too. Much like Osama bin Laden left a message in an abandoned hut in the midst of nowhere in Afghanistan, each time Bush's approval rating dropped.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sirrurg

chiefsmom

Were they bored?

That's normal. In Germany they said they need to monitor all bank accounts for suspicion of "terrorists", but they mainly make sure that students on scholarships or people on welfare don't get too much money on the side. Obviously they don't check if people dodge a few 100k in taxes though.

I guess they only fabricate those "terror threats" if people start disbelieving it, then all of a sudden they arrest a bunch of "terrorists" that nobody ever hears from again afterwards, but at least they make the headlines for a few days. Happened before elections, too. Much like Osama bin Laden left a message in an abandoned hut in the midst of nowhere in Afghanistan, each time Bush's approval rating dropped.

Well put and funny, but true.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Truly ridiculous. What a joke of a county England has become. However, I did manage to find a video of the UK terrorist squad annual race.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Hey, Great Britain, Nazi Germany called and said it wants its authoritarian police state back.

And I am really pleasantly surprised to see the new emoticons -- including thumbs up/down icons.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Indeed.

This is what we call "100th monkey syndrome" or in layman's terms slowly heating the pot.

What cravens they must be. Shaking in their tightly laced jackboots over a twelve year old child.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hello. Don't mean this in a bad way,but had to respond.
It doesn't matter the person or position. Never think, just cause of their job, they are above us. That kid wasn't scared. Neither should we be. They could kill us, they have that, lawful too. But they get scared. You can see it, in their actions. If a kid could figure out the game, then so could everyone else.
So, they use force, to show the rest of his class, the rest of the newspaper readers, and weather report news groupies, the weakness of the world. That this will happen to you too, if you even think about thinking. Two motives, for the price of one. One, remove the sorce of unease, and two, to scare with theatrics, and power. Power Theatre.
That what the little kid was going to use...
Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Yet people believe "It (Tyranny in [UK, USA etc]) Can't Happen Here" sad

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

mr-lizard
www.mirror.co.uk...

A schoolboy trying to save his youth club was hauled from class after his plan to protest outside David Cameron's constituency office was spotted - by anti-terror police.

And more..>

"I was taken out of class - and the policeman said, 'Are you aware that the anti-terrorist squad are looking at your Facebook account?' He said that if anything got out of hand, they would arrest people.

Unreal. Society truly is collapsing.

A young boy using facebook for generally positive reasons is frog-marched out of class under suspected anti-terror laws and has been informed he is now being monitored.

Is this the guy that called the Prime Minister a "potato"? If true, then our dealings with the police here in the good ol' USA is really going to go downhill. Whatever happens in Britain, it follows in the U.S.A. Oh my!...

Kratos

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join