It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy of 12 hauled out of class by police over David Cameron facebook protest.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Flavian
I am not too sure what to think of this. I certainly suspect there is more to this story than the Mirror's simple take on it.

However, i thought that protests outside Downing Street were actually illegal these days? (i am not 100% on this as laws were passed and then some repealed so it is a bit confusing now!). If that is the case, then technically speaking he would have been in breach of anti-terror laws and therefore being contacted by Anti Terror Police should be expected. That said, surely common sense would have meant a simple post from said Anti Terror Police on his Facebook wall would have been a more appropriate response - along the lines of "Whilst we sympathise with your right and desire to protest, please ensure that it is carried out in an area with no restrictions" as opposed to actually hauling him out of class........

The Police actions do seem entirely out of all proportion, particularly for a minor. There must be more to this.

There is a link to The Guardian on the story on the first or second page, it's much the same, without the hauling bit, (he was taken out of class by his teacher). The protest was outside Cameron's constituency building.
Nevertheless, it was jackboot bullying material.
edit on 8-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Not absolutely sure about this but shouldn't the police have interviewed him with one or both of his parents present. Secondly, when they found out he was just twelve years old why didn't they walk away without speaking to him personally and paid a visit to his mom and dad instead?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

southbeach
reply to post by destination now

If its about him being under age for a Facebook account then why are the anti terror Police involved?

No, it's obviously not about him being underage for facebook, I was just pointing out, as an aside, which I stated in my post, that technically, he shouldn't actually have a facebook account at age 12

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
this poor kid is a terror threat to the tory government along with other free thinkers!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

alzerallday
this poor kid is a terror threat to the tory government along with other free thinkers!

The same as 82 year olds were a threat to the previous Labour Govt when they spoke out about the Iraq war...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is why us older ones have to stand against the establishment.
They are taking away our freedom bit by bit and our kids and grandkids are suffering.

The world in which they are going to grow up in will have no freedom and they will accept that as the norm.
We were more luckier because the freedoms we enjoyed have mostly gone because we've allowed it to happen.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

This story was published in 2010 per your link and posted on ATS at the time....why in heaven's name dig it up now?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People should be glad precautions are being taken. All they did was ask him a few questions. And 12 year olds should not be holding protest in the first place.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 3u40r15m

Says who?
These people branding everyone terrorists are the very same people that were the root cause of all the conflicts in the first place and only come down with an Iron Hammer because they don't want all the people knowing whats really going on.
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech there should be no age limits to it.And its a God given right not an entitlement because a bunch of control freaks says so.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Was this reported somewhere other than the Mirror?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The kid is 12...but, but, you have to be 13 to sign up for a farcebook account...not?

Not only is he a terrorist, he's a cyber-criminal. Better watch out for this one.

What a joke

I hope this gets him off of farcebook and speaking up in his classrooms and elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

All this could have been avoided if he hadn't been on facebook.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

We are seeing a political class that is paranoid to the hilt.

Every citizen is being doubted now. Every citizen is a threat. This happens when the political class is totally isolated from the people, and is sustained by lies and money.

Typical of an empire in its death throes.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Just a suggestion, but maybe instead of "giving" your vote to Labour, you should maybe stay neutral and what to see what "policies" both parties put forward and remain neutral until you see this. I don't mean this as a personal attack on you, as I did agree with the majority of your opening post, but it always amazes me when ever I hear someone say that because they didn't like one parties policies, that it pretty much means that the other party gets given the vote by default.
But then again it doesn't really matter, because the people behind the lobbying groups, and their agenda's are what decides you vote. But let's play their version of democracy for a second and say that our vote decides the outcome................if our vote does count, then what are lobbying groups lobbying ?

Never just give you vote away, make the scumbags earn it and call them out at their own game that they claim we decide on !

But we all acknowledge the string pullers, and "advisors", and lobbying groups exist, yet then we dismiss their role, agenda's and intentions to convince ourselves our vote somehow counts ?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well...I believe its safe to assume that the terrorist have won and we have lost. When a 12 year old puts fear in the hearts of politicians and monitors his Facebook then the bad guys have won. I think it was meant to be, so they can rip our rights away slowly one by one.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Sickening and these are the same freedoms they have spread to Bosnia, Iraq and are now they are trying there best to spread to Syria.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
well at least they didnt shoot him i guess!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

No they just terrorised the young lad and probably mentally scared him for life. Bullets come in many forms my friend!

But hey, never mind, because this all happened two years ago.

edit on 9-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This child was clearly endangering the safety of the national public and could have potential links, or perhaps is the ringleader of, dangerous organisations that could damage the integrity of liberty in this great nation!

We should commend our brave anti-terror police for approaching this potential ring leader of dangerous terrorist children, I hope he rots in jail and serves as a deterrent for all who think of damaging the equilibrium of the utopian British lifestyle!....

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LABTECH767
..as the referendum cameron is promising he intends to hijak or prevent

My apologies if this has already been mentioned, (replying before reading the whole Thread) but the lying POS knows that by the promised time any referendum is called, EU law will have made it illegal!

group of fascistic thugs do he and his cohorts intend to suppress the people of this country,

So what they have done to this little boy is at the request of the tory party to the police chief or commisioner and was thought out to send a message, know your place serf we own you and you are nothing but scum for us to have working in our mansions as servents and slaves.

Sorry if my wording is a bit strong but then the truth is strong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join